Aug 14, 2019, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandet01
Use the Aura Configuration Tool on a PC. Connect everything, including a battery to power the receiver/servos. Turn on your TX. Switch on the "Live Data" option in the ACT. On the first tab, where it shows TX stick settings, you can see what the Aura is receiving from the RX's. Rudder stick should vary from +125% to -125%. If the value there is pegged hard over, then either your TX is not sending the correct value - or the receiver(s) are not passing it along.

If that is fine, go to the Servos tab (under "View" , select "Advanced" so you can see all settings). Select the servo port the rudder is on, and watch the Output Monitor.
If it varies with stick movement, first verify you have the servo connected to the correct output port on the Aura (duh!). If so, try temporarily plugging in a different servo to see if it resolves. If it varies and a different servo still gets stuck, call Flex - there is a problem on the output side of the Aura.
If the Output Monitor doesn't vary check the Rudder settings in the various Flight Modes.

If still an issue, call Flex. It would be very helpful to them to have everything connected to the PC at the time of the call, so they can review (verbally with you) in detail all the settings.
I seemed to have found the problem. In my manual it states rudder is S6. On the aura config tool when I went to the servo port tab, it's S5. With S6 being the gear channel. Why would it be different?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2019, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy44
I seemed to have found the problem. In my manual it states rudder is S6. On the aura config tool when I went to the servo port tab, it's S5. With S6 being the gear channel. Why would it be different?
That would best be answered by Flex. But I bet it was someone cutting and pasting from one manual to another, and not doing a decent job of editing.....
Aug 16, 2019, 04:40 PM
Need some help. I have an aura8 openstock in my 3dhs 61" extra. Its always worked fine. Its got all the latest firmware etc.. last time i flew it it was fine when i took off then when i landed one of the 2 satellites was flashing slowly. Then when i flew a few more flights it was fine. Its been on the shelf for a month or so and i pulled it out to get it setup on my new radio today after binding multiple times etc.. it has come up with one of the satellites slow flashing every single time. Its not the satellites both are dsmx of similar vintage and if i switch the aura ports they are plugged into the problem follows the b port. Any one else have this issue?
Aug 16, 2019, 08:29 PM
During initial set up, I had to reverse all of the servos in the aura config program. During a sensor check, all surfaces are correcting in the wrong direction. How do I go about fixing this?
Aug 16, 2019, 08:41 PM
FM
FM
No Static
Check the orientation of the aura....best idea from me.
Aug 16, 2019, 08:51 PM
flyin' Dude
Scooby, did you check the sat cables? They go bad. Assume you know you need to have A+B Sats checked in config tool and both plugged in when you bind.
Aug 16, 2019, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastphil_v
Scooby, did you check the sat cables? They go bad. Assume you know you need to have A+B Sats checked in config tool and both plugged in when you bind.
Yeah i just got them both working not exactly sure how but they connect everytime now.
Aug 16, 2019, 08:58 PM
flyin' Dude
Fallguy, something is fishy, I’ve never had to reverse them all. And when direction is right I’ve only seen backwards corrections when a Servo was reversed in the Tx. Double check your config and Tx settings. Maybe start over with a fresh config.
Aug 16, 2019, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FM
Check the orientation of the aura....best idea from me.
Orientation is correct. Satellite ports facing forward and upright.
Aug 16, 2019, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Fallguy, something is fishy, I’ve never had to reverse them all. And when direction is right I’ve only seen backwards corrections when a Servo was reversed in the Tx. Double check your config and Tx settings. Maybe start over with a fresh config.
I actually started over a few times. Even before plugging into the computer, all surfaces were reversed. I did not make any adjustments in my Dx9. Only in the config program because that's what I thought I was supposed to do. Should I have reversed the servos in the TX first?
Aug 16, 2019, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy44
I actually started over a few times. Even before plugging into the computer, all surfaces were reversed. I did not make any adjustments in my Dx9. Only in the config program because that's what I thought I was supposed to do. Should I have reversed the servos in the TX first?
Just started from scratch on mine and with aura in recommended orientation both ailerons and elevator had to be reversed. But you should reverse them in the aura not the tx.
Aug 17, 2019, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby61
Just started from scratch on mine and with aura in recommended orientation both ailerons and elevator had to be reversed. But you should reverse them in the aura not the tx.
Hmm, thanks for confirming that
Aug 17, 2019, 10:18 PM
flyin' Dude
Fallguy, it sounds like you’re doing the right thIngs, but something is still missing. Yes all reversing, subtrims, etc must be in Aura. But if your controls are in the right direction and the corrections are in the wrong direction, something is wrong - either in the Tx or the Aura mounting orientation. Barring a software glitch, something is wrong in your setup. Have you tried calling Flex? I have found them to be very helpful.
Aug 18, 2019, 02:10 PM
Make sure your radio is really set to normal and not reversed. Easy to confuse that one.
Aug 18, 2019, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Fallguy, it sounds like you’re doing the right thIngs, but something is still missing. Yes all reversing, subtrims, etc must be in Aura. But if your controls are in the right direction and the corrections are in the wrong direction, something is wrong - either in the Tx or the Aura mounting orientation. Barring a software glitch, something is wrong in your setup. Have you tried calling Flex? I have found them to be very helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMatch
Make sure your radio is really set to normal and not reversed. Easy to confuse that one.
Ugh. I'm dumb. When I did a new config file, I went through and adjusted all of my gains, stick priorities and trims etc and forgot to reverse the damn servos. I plugged everything in and was only checking the movement of the sensors. Never noticed any reversed. Thanks anyway all.

Quick Reply