This thread is privately moderated by Blaze0021, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 02, 2015, 04:00 PM
Thread OP
Gallery

Easysky / Horizon Hobby Hybrid: FW-190D (Custom 2S Brushless) "Simone"

Here is my latest 2S Brushless Conversion, the Easysky FW-190D (Custom 2S Brushless).

I've gutted all of the stock 1s Easysky electronics and power system in favor of a UMX Beast 3D brushless ESC and receiver along with a 2500KV Motor and Eflite 5x2.75 Prop.

The dual servo ailerons are also a custom job, taken from the last UMX Beast 3D that I purchased to convert my Parkzone Ultra Micro P-40 Warhawk to 2S Brushless, as the stock system incorporated a single servo with a bell crank. I also had to switch the servo horn direction of the rudder again like I did with the P-40 to get the rudder servo and AS3X to work properly.

For structural integrity, a .050 Carbon Fiber Wing Spar on my Simone has been installed, as well as on the Horizontal Stabilizer. I didn't need to put one on my Vertical Stabilizer due to its robustness.I started the project at 6pm yesterday and completed her at 2am this morning. All control surfaces and AS3X control directions have been checked. Even the prop is balanced. Pretty much ready for a Maiden Flight.

Her name is Simone.

MAIDEN FLIGHT REPORT:

I completed my ROG Maiden Flight of Simone today using 3 Eflite 2S 200mAh 30C Batts. 1st flight was used for Battery CG Placement and Trim. When the Battery is placed aft in the battery tray, was when I noticed the best flight characteristics and response. No nose-dropping and no signs of tail-heaviness present in any of the testing. She was off a bit wanting to roll a bit to the right. Just a bit of mechanical trim and she was tracking true.

2nd Battery was to explore her flight characteristics. This plane makes me feel like I'm flying some sleek marauder in the sky looking to shoot something down. Her sleek lines and glide slope make her very slippery in the air. Slow Flight is excellent. At 30% I can cruise on by at height level, at about slightly fast walking speed. At high speeds, she can certainly eat up a good amount of sky fairly quickly and stable as well with no oscillations. Pretty impressive with those long Landing Gears. Power Climbs are excellent and are almost unlimited if you can keep her in one spot without veering off as she can be a bit squirrely.

I used an EFLU 4864 UMX Beast 3D Receiver that had not been in any Beast. I just purchased the receiver alone at Hobbytown and it works great! I have a feeling that the AS3X is set to about 70% on these right from the get go, and it felt just right as there were some minor gusts at the park which buffeted Simone a few times, but she still tracked in the same direction as I intended her to fly in. Good stuff! Now I know that I can purchase the receiver alone if I dont need any other parts.

3rd Battery was just for all out fun flying and Landing Exercises. With her longer landing gears, she can seem to be a bit tricky to land, but I've found that if you fly her in with a bit of speed, she settles in easily.. much easier than the P-40 Warhawk. She does have a unique tendency to lift off easy though. Just when you think you've planted her down for a good landing, she easily lifts off again if you have just a little bit of throttle on landing. Her landings look pretty cool though when the approach is spot on.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with how this plane turned out. It was a spur of a moment thing that I decided to do yesterday when I realized I had all of the parts in my possession. Well worth the conversion. Now all I need is a fellow pilot with a UMX P-47 and we can do some simulated ACM's.

I'll have a flight video eventually. I'll try to put a little less info this time, lol.
Last edited by Blaze0021; Feb 23, 2016 at 04:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2015, 12:01 AM
MigLovin'
We need some video! Awesome plane.
Nov 05, 2015, 12:09 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEdmiston
We need some video! Awesome plane.
Hi Jim, thanks for checking out my initial blog post on my most recent project. I actually just posted the video today before the storm front moved into Colorado. It's in my most recent Blog Post here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2536156

I also installed a Drop Tank Scoop that houses the Eflite 2S 200mAh 30C Lipo, made from the canopy of the UMX Beast 3D.

Here is Simone's Premier Flight!

Easysky FW-190D (2S Brushless) Beast Wulfe "Simone" Premier Flight (9 min 21 sec)

Simone is my latest 2S Brushless Conversion and I'm very pleased with her outcome. I have many other 2S Brushless-converted planes. Feel free to check out my Blog Entries as well as my YouTube Channel which has my 2S Brushless Conversion videos and hit that Like Button if you like what you see. Thanks again!!
Last edited by Blaze0021; Nov 05, 2015 at 12:41 AM.
Feb 18, 2016, 05:22 AM
great work!!!
Feb 18, 2016, 09:32 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulian1819
great work!!!
Thank you Chulian!! Here is the most recent flight of my Easysky / Horizon Hobby FW-190D (Custom 2S Brushless) "Simone"

Easysky / Horizon Hobby FW-190D (2S Brushless) "Simone" - Sunset Flight (4 min 57 sec)

Quick Reply