Nov 01, 2015, 11:47 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

V-tail mixer - loss of signal state?

Hi All,
I'm tempted to get a small flying wing to try but since I have modest HK RC equipment I need a V-tail mixer I believe.
I've written the code for a little PIC micro and all is working well but I wondered what state the servos should default to if there is a loss of signal. I would assume the motor cuts out at the same moment so would a slight turn with a bit of "elevator" be the way to go?

Best regards,
David
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2015, 01:08 PM
You are asking how to set your Mixer up for Failsafe? Pick One.. it's never straightforward :-)
These are cheap 'n cheerful with No Failsafe function to obsess over.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...tra_small.html
Nov 02, 2015, 11:17 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for getting back.
Perhaps I've asked the wrong thing - do mixers need a fail safe setting?
I've only got a budget HK 4ch Tx and a collection of 3ch and 6ch Rx's for my collection of boats, planes and quadrotors.
I thought I'd have a go with a wing but knew I needed a mixer of some kind. I've programmed up my own mixer which has 1uS resolution (2000 steps) for reading the incoming servo signal and also for driving the servos. I just thought that I can also do a loss of signal detection and preset the control surfaces to where I want.

I guess what I'm asking is where would you want your controls to go to if your Tx died? I'm sure the ESC will cut out so you're in glide mode but what about the control surfaces? Since I don't have a fancy RC set up I thought I could hard code it into the mixer at least.

Cheers,
David

Quick Reply