This thread is privately moderated by Red.Sneakers, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 01, 2015, 06:50 PM
2016 The Year for Air Shows
Thread OP
AMA

AMA Members Speak Up

AMA Members Speak Up

Name: Speak Up.jpg
Views: 78
Size: 37.5 KB
Description:

Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Registration => http://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/

It is estimated the registration system will initially cost $56 million to run through 2020. So if my calculations are correct, they will need 2.2 million registered Pilots, every year, to break even. The AMA only has 140,000 + members & 75 years of experience and track record.

* * * * * The section below is now a legacy of the RC Hobby * * * * *
December 14, 2015

The AMA should only deal with what is good for its members; therefore, they should only address section 336 as it relates to the new initiative to register Unmanned Aerial Systems UAS. AMA members operating a model aircraft within section 336 need to be separated from those operating outside section 336. Given that, they must demand the DOT/FAA recognize their status as a nationwide community-based organizations and specifically EXEMPT its members from any registration rule or regulation.

Only 4,436 comments have been sent to the FAA (aka DOT) as of 11:59 PM November 6. We need over 100,000 comments, so let’s get to work. Deadline is November 6 - it's over folks. Click here to submit your comment (leave your name & email blank and the comment will be posted on the public register as Anonymous)
=> http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketD...=FAA-2015-4378

Full exemption from registration of our UAS,
when operated in accordance with a community-based set of safety guidelines,
is the only end game we should accept.

Below is the comment I made to the DOT/FAA
Feel free to copy & paste or write your own

------------------------------

Public Law 112-95; 112th Congress “FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012'' section 336 states “the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration may not promulgate any rule or regulation regarding a model aircraft, or an aircraft being developed as a model aircraft, if …”

This act clearly applies to any FAA subordinate and superordinate organization, i.e. the DOT Administrator.

The DOT/FAA must not promulgate any rule or regulation that includes hobbyist flying a UAS under the guidelines of Public Law 112-95; 112th Congress “FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012'' section 336. More specifically, people operating a model aircraft as specified in Section 336 MUST BE EXCLUDED from any new rule or regulation, including that which causes any UAS to be registered.

The DOT/FAA must identify nationwide community-based organizations and specifically EXEMPT its members from any rule or regulation (including registration) when the aircraft is operated in accordance with a community-based set of safety guidelines.
Last edited by Red.Sneakers; Dec 15, 2015 at 09:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2015, 12:20 AM
Closed Account
Many already know, no matter what us hobbyists desire the Government has already made up their minds and it is going to cost us Hobbyists no matter what.

yes I wrote them several times......but I do not believe it will matter .
Nov 03, 2015, 09:17 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings
That is mostly due to the cumbersome mechanics of the website, I am guessing. Only a few take the time to figure it out. It is poor set up by design.
I agree if you try to use the link the media provides, but if you use this link, it is very easy, a two step process => http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketD...=FAA-2015-4378

Let's get to work, still need 98,000 comments
Nov 07, 2015, 08:16 AM
Thread OP

I remember when

I remember when I used to come home from college, I would sit with my grandma & asked her: “Granma, tell me again the story of the Horse & the Car! She would say, son, the horse always won. Then she would smile & laugh.

In a few years I look forward to my grandson asking me: Grandpa, tell me again the story of the FAA & the Drone …

When I was a kid, we used to make our own skateboards. When my son was growing up, if they were caught by the cops riding a skateboard on public property (sidewalks), the cops would give chase & confiscate the skateboard. Today, skateboarders have their own park in town.

Recently the AOPA (full scale pilot association) did a segment about the FAA being kinder & gentler when full scale pilots make a mistake, wanting to take the approach of education, which looks forward & keeps the pilot flying safely, versus punishment, which looks at the past & does nothing for the future. They followed the segment with a story about a harsher, meaner, FAA as it relates to Drones.

As at least on congressman is on record saying, we may get it wrong but we need to do something.

We live in interesting times.

Nov 07, 2015, 02:03 PM
Closed Account
The same political thinking that bought us " We have to pass it to know whats in it"

Well...America Now you know what was in it....how much has that cost you ?

This FAA/DOT mentality is no different....band-aids and moronic mentality is not helping anyone but politicians and those who hand them the lobbyists dollars

Yeah it is interesting, but sad to me when no one can or will use common sense.....

Quick Reply