Jun 15, 2019, 08:25 AM
Yup. Shipping insurance is bs. PayPal dispute it.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2019, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog
Yup. Shipping insurance is bs. PayPal dispute it.
Agreed - nothing more than a scam aimed at the gullible.
Jun 23, 2019, 05:59 PM

Tbr Head for my 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem
Let us know about the quality of the three-blade head. Definitely curious.
Got the TBR Head from BG,ordered it Expedited shipping and got by Fedx,still took 2 weeks.TBR report:The blade bolt nuts donít fit in the nut recess in the grip.1 of them would barely get tight on the blade( bolt shoulder wonít let it get tight).The Tri- Head uses a single bolt to attach to the mainshaft,I had to really make that bolt tight and also used blue locktite to remove any play.The Alzrc Tri Head is different than the Sab version.The Alzrc version uses a pin to capture the spindle in the head so has some built in lead/lag and up/down play.The Sab version uses a spindle that threads into the Tri Head so there is no play in the spindles( donít really need dampeners in this version).On My Alzrc Tri Head it needs the Sab Head shim 5x7x.1 mm on the spindle to get it where if feels right to me.The Dfc arm bearings where all a little rough in the beginning but got better after use.There was zero locktite on any fastener including the swash,balls,screws.
I think the Alzrc version is probably an upgrade to the Sab version in spite of its quality issues.
Did my test flights with RJX 380 blades,feels a little floaty like the 420 MS blade.Also briefly tried Alzrc 420 blades,very floaty!!
Jul 03, 2019, 07:30 PM
Coming up on 300 flights on one of my D380s. When are folks changing the motor and tail belts? I've read of motor belt snaps on Goblin 380s around the 350-flight mark. I fly moderate-hard 3D. The motor belt still looks like new (though I suspect it's the motor heat that has the most impact on that belt). The tail belt looks okay but has a bit of shininess due to the guide pulleys.
Jul 21, 2019, 07:57 AM

Receiver position

Still yet to finish setting up my Devil and just wondering where the best place would be for my receiver. I don't have one with satellites. It's an Frsky XSR. Thinking about the best position to route the to antennas out somewhere, maybe cable tied and shrink wrapped to get the best signal.
Jul 23, 2019, 08:29 PM

Will goblin 380 canopy fit alzrc fast devil 380?

Will the SAB Goblin 380 canopy combo (both parts) fit on the alzrc fast devil 380? Are they identical?
Jul 23, 2019, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermite
Still yet to finish setting up my Devil and just wondering where the best place would be for my receiver. I don't have one with satellites. It's an Frsky XSR. Thinking about the best position to route the to antennas out somewhere, maybe cable tied and shrink wrapped to get the best signal.
This is where i put mine.
Jul 24, 2019, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy
This is where i put mine.
Thanks mate.
Aug 03, 2019, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilUK
Nope - I got the Motor/ESC Combo
- and went with Turnigy Servos
- the Super Combo looks good though
- probably very similar servos to the Turnigy ones
I know this is old but which servos are used by Turnigy for tail and all around...
Aug 04, 2019, 06:51 PM

Another tail-grip bolt shear failure

This is now my second failure where a tail-grip bolt sheared in the hub and ejected during flight. The failure today occurred with the upgraded larger tail hub assembly, 140 flights in. No crashes, tail strikes, etc., during those flights. Flights were hard 3D. I've noticed that the D380 tail grips tend to rock a bit even when the bolt is tightened. I'm suspecting this induces vibrations and eventually fatigues the bolt. Either the tolerances of the grips or the tail hub are in question.

Bolt head is on the far left of the picture showing the grip parts.

The upgraded larger tail hub assembly on my other D380 has lasted for 181 flights. I won't be taking any chances though - will upgrade both D380s to full SAB tail parts. It's strange that ALZRC used a non-dampened tail rotor system - one would think they would have used a dampened one like the G380.
Last edited by OrbitalGolem; Aug 04, 2019 at 06:56 PM.
Aug 04, 2019, 08:03 PM
Sorry to see that. Not nice to see a crash as a result of a bolt shearing off. It's obviously a highly stressed point in the tail assembly. Any ideas what could be done to help prevent it?
Aug 04, 2019, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermite
Sorry to see that. Not nice to see a crash as a result of a bolt shearing off. It's obviously a highly stressed point in the tail assembly. Any ideas what could be done to help prevent it?
A friend suggested that I replace the grip bolts every 80-100 flights. I'll try that approach with my other D380 that's still intact with 181 flights. The first shear failure happened with that one with the standard smaller tail hub and grips.

D380 #2 will get the SAB tail-shaft, SAB tail spindle shaft, and ALZRC standard-size tail grips. That will make it fully dampened. I'm not sure if I'll go with the SAB grips - that would require the SAB steerer too.

The tails on my two Goblin 380s have had zero issues in over 200 flights each.
Aug 05, 2019, 07:52 AM
Flying a Falcon or a 3D model.
Did you consider that your tail blades, not from Alzrc, could have something to do with the bolt failure. They could be heavier, bigger, more agressive, unbalanced ?
Aug 05, 2019, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier
Did you consider that your tail blades, not from Alzrc, could have something to do with the bolt failure. They could be heavier, bigger, more agressive, unbalanced ?
They're balanced and carbon fiber Zeals. Higher quality than the ALZRC plastic blades. They aren't the problem. That being said, if ALZRC never tested with CF blades to ensure that the assembly can handle any additional loads they bring to the table, then they dropped the ball.
Aug 05, 2019, 09:44 AM
Lord of the Strings
Would higher grade grip bolts solve the issue?

Quick Reply