ALZRC Devil 380 FAST - RC Groups
Nov 01, 2015, 12:10 AM
Discussion

ALZRC Devil 380 FAST

Had anyone seen this from Alzrc new 380 helicopter, seems like new trend of 460~480 size helicopter is following the specifications 8mm main shaft, 5mm rotor head spindle & tail shaft.
Sooner the 450 up size will follow this spec for more rigid & strong construction.

http://www.banggood.com/ALZRC-Devil-...p-1006773.html
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2015, 12:52 AM
I will wait and see Tarot to came out it's own design using the same spec.
Align is facing even tougher competition on small size helicopter.
Nov 01, 2015, 04:26 PM
Mildly Confused
Ahem, it seems you're slightly unaware, it's a clone of the SAB Goblin 380. Here's mine, the indoor pic with the upgraded (easier to see) skid set fitted.
Nov 01, 2015, 05:45 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Yeah, the reason that the spec is spookily similar to the Goblin 380 is because it's a direct 'cloned' copy.
Nov 01, 2015, 06:04 PM
Crashing regularly since 2013
Could be a good back-up Goblin 380

I was always tempted by the ALZRC 480 Devil, but this looks like an even more interesting 'clone'...
Nov 01, 2015, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 1968
Ahem, it seems you're slightly unaware, it's a clone of the SAB Goblin 380. Here's mine, the indoor pic with the upgraded (easier to see) skid set fitted.
I'm aware of it, I'm just indicate that the new trend of small size heli is following the new specs clone or no clone it doesn't matter.
Important is those clones had create new parts improving the original design, just like Tarot 450pro V2.
Nov 06, 2015, 06:28 PM
taking time on my ride
I have the combo kit coming. ALZRC shipped it DHL today so should have it soon.
Nov 06, 2015, 09:39 PM
let us know how does it perform compare to others, if you already have any of original model.
I will wait till Tarot to market these new design and see which is best in both performance and cost.
Is pity that VwinRC is not in these game anymore, though only available in China.
Nov 10, 2015, 11:29 AM
Some videos:
ALZRC Devil Fast 380--TEST1 (2 min 8 sec)

Devil 380 fast (2 min 9 sec)

Devil Fast 380 (4 min 2 sec)

ALZRC - Devil 380 Fast -- Test 2 (3 min 14 sec)
Nov 12, 2015, 11:42 AM
taking time on my ride
I started putting mine together today. So far the only complaint I have is with the head.
The hex nuts do not fit the hex shape in grips. The blade bolts shank is a tad long so you can not tighten up bolts. Other than that all is good.

The tail grips are 5mm+/-. The main blade grips are 5mm+/-. All the frame bolts lined up well with holes in plastic. I had to do some filing on the slots in CF tail case piece so it can slide freely. I had to also file one tail piece link to free it up so tail moves freely. The brass piece was tight in link. The kit came with magnetic canopy mount. Will need to rim out canopy to install grommet. My boom is a good fit to frame. Two battery trays in kit along with three Velcro battery straps. My ALZRC blades are about 378mm instead of 380mm. Two extra nylon bolts and nuts, extra set of servo/swash links, extra set of radius plastic arms, and two brass sleeves for tail. You will have to thread lock almost all bolts. The swashplate in my kit has no slop. I did not have to use shim on mainshaft. Quality of kit is nice.
Nov 12, 2015, 02:15 PM
Crashing regularly since 2013
Looks almost as good as the real-thing!
- so good, that I've just ordered one as a backup for my genuine Gobby!

Actually, I was feeling a bit of ebay induced blues
- having just missed out on a beautiful nearly-new Gobby 500
- so this bit of retail therapy has eased the pain a little

Nov 12, 2015, 02:27 PM
Mildly Confused
Tempted, just like you Phil as a back up for my genuine Gobbler too, to be honest, I'm finding it extremely difficult to resist.
Nov 12, 2015, 02:35 PM
taking time on my ride
I bought the Devil first. I then turned around and bought a Gob 380.
Nov 12, 2015, 02:47 PM
Mildly Confused
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI
I bought the Devil first. I then turned around and bought a Gob 380.
Aye, nice plan, other way round for me as I already have the 380 and 570. Now please tell me why I shouldn't buy the Devil 380.