Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by realdeal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 17, 2004, 08:14 PM
Trader Rating: 45
Festina Lente

Roo w/ Simjet Turbine RTF $2195 Pickup Only

SOLD - Thanks!

**Important - I do not wish to ship this item**

**This sale is pickup only in Lexington, KY**

*I live about 1 hour from Bardstown, KY so I could possibly arrange to meet you on Friday night (8/13/04) of the upcoming Frank Tiano jet event there. That is the only night I will be available that weekend due to travel plans.*

This is the original Fiberclassics Kangaroo with tip tanks done in a Robart color and logo scheme. I purchased the plane from the original builder/flyer in March 2003. In the time it took me to get my waiver I ended up with a Super Reaper and a different engine so this one never got off the ground with me at the controls. I can't justify having the plane sitting around. It needs a good home with someone who will fly the wings off.

All you need to add to this plane is a receiver and you are ready to fly. Here is a list of the included items:

-Kangaroo Airframe
-Optional Tip Tanks
-Optional Detailed Cockpit Kit (Killer Cockpit I think)
-Simjet 1700AES Autostart Turbine
-Robart 630 Retractable Gear and Struts
-BVM Wheels and Brakes
-BVM Smoothstop Brake Valve
-BVM Ultimate Air Trap (UAT)
-Turbine Connection Kevlar Fuel Cell (60? oz)
-Hitec 615MG Servos - Elevons
-Hitec 605BB Servos - Rudders
-Hitec HS77BB Servo - Nosewheel Steering
-Futaba S148 Servo - Retracts
-Futaba S3003 Servo - Brake Valve
-Unknown Servo - Speed Brake
-5-cell high capacity Receiver Pack
-8-cell Sanyo 2400 ECU pack
-Spare 8-cell Sanyo 2400 ECU Pack
-Voltmeter
-All servo extensions, air accessories, etc to make this plane ready to fly.

Condition of plane - I would rate the overall plane a 7.5-8/10 but I'm pretty picky. The turbine runs well. The fuselage was repainted just before I bought it and it came out pretty well. There are a few spots you can see that aren't perfect. The vertical fins could stand to be recovered if you are a perfectionist. The plane did experience a rollover on a taxi test. The engine never even stopped running. The only damage was some scratches on the canopy, scuffing of the BVM tires and a slight dent in the turbine case where the glow plug contacted the asphalt. I talked with Great Northern Models and when they sounded no alarms I ran the engine a few times with no difference in performance from before the incident. I have tried my best to accurately reflect the condition of this plane in my pictures and words.

Now the best part - I am willing to sell the complete package Ready to Fly minus only an 8-channel or more receiver for ...

$2195.00

E-mail me at keith6566@qx.net with any questions. I will give you my phone number through e-mail if you would like to discuss purchasing this plane.

The price shown is a Cash price. If you wish to use Paypal we will need to determine the fees that will be charged and factor those into the cost.
Last edited by realdeal; Jul 25, 2004 at 08:07 AM.
to remove ads between posts