Oct 30, 2015, 01:51 PM
Eye in the Sky
Discussion

here is YOUR DOT/FAA Drone registration task Force

http://www.aeriographer.com/and-here...Pro+Quadcopter

List of Task force members

Just look who is involved most all are COMMERCIAL Entities

and you Now Know

Money talks.......Hobbyists are screwed.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2015, 06:50 PM
Eye in the Sky
The FAA says the group’s co-chairs are Dave Vos of GoogleX and Earl Lawrence, director of the FAA’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Office. Here are the members:

Nancy Egan – 3D Robotics, General Counsel
Richard Hanson – Academy of Model Aeronautics, Government and Regulatory Affairs Director
George Novak – Aerospace Industries Association, Assistant Vice President and Regulatory Counsel
Chuck Hogeman, Aviation Safety Chair, and Randy Kenagy, Manager, Engineering & Operations – Air Line Pilots Association
Jim Coon – Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, Senior Vice President, Government Affairs & Advocacy
Sean Cassidy – Amazon Prime Air, Director, Strategic Partnerships
Ben Gielow – Amazon Retail, Senior Manager, Public Policy
Justin Towles – American Association of Airport Executives, Staff Vice President
Brian Wynne – Association of Unmanned Vehicle Systems International, President and CEO
Parker Brugge – Best Buy, Senior Director, Government Relations
Douglas Johnson – Consumer Electronics Association, Vice President, Technology Policy
Brendan Schulman – DJI, Vice President of Policy & Legal Affairs
Paul Feldman – General Aviation Manufacturers Association, Vice President, Government Affairs
Dave Vos – GoogleX (Co-Chair)
Tony Bates – GoPro, President
Matt Zuccaro – Helicopter Association International, President
Mike Fergus – International Association of Chiefs of Police, Program Manager
John Perry – Management Association for Private Photogrammetric Surveyors
Brandon Declet – Measure, CEO
Randall Burdett – National Association of State Aviation Officials, Board of Directors
Sarah Wolf – National Business Aviation Association, Sr. Manager, Security & Facilitation
Baptiste Tripard – Parrot, Business Development
Tyler Collins – PrecisionHawk, Director of Business Development
Gregory McNeal – Small UAV Coalition, Co-founder of AirMap
Thomas Head – Walmart, Product Safety & Regulatory Compliance Manager

NOTICE: Most are Commercial entity leaders

We all know the Commercial Entities wants OUR airspace and us hobbyists forced to lower altitude and ONLY in certain areas ( club fields for example) and then ONLY those far away from anything !!!

The AMA and the Vendors will be our only voice to stop that....IF they do !!!
Oct 31, 2015, 07:09 PM
So as I see it, Rich Hanson and Brendan Schulman are the model proponents, the rest want all the airspace. Rest assured, if Amazon or Google or whatever delivery service thinks they are dropping packages on my doorstep, I'll be trapping myself a drone, it should be pretty easy. Me I'll be Sgt Shultz, I know NOTHINK!
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Oct 31, 2015, 07:18 PM
Eye in the Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000
So as I see it, Rich Hanson and Brendan Schulman are the model proponents, the rest want all the airspace. Rest assured, if Amazon or Google or whatever delivery service thinks they are dropping packages on my doorstep, I'll be trapping myself a drone, it should be pretty easy. Me I'll be Sgt Shultz, I know NOTHINK!
LOL...Exactly !!!
Oct 31, 2015, 08:16 PM
In all seriousness, the hobbyist flyer will be very lucky to have AMA sanctioned flying sites to fly at, backyard and schoolyard flyers are toast. The package delivery services want EVERY spot of open air, AMA flying fields will be GPS marked as small pockets the delivery vehicles will have to avoid. I see about half of the current model aircraft fields being shut down, the hobbyist is small fry and they don't care but they will throw us a few bones. Anyone flying a rogue multi rotor is in big trouble very soon. Very big money is involved now.
Nov 01, 2015, 07:05 AM
It is astounding to me that people are seriously considering using drones for package delivery. Is doorstep delivery really the intention?
Nov 01, 2015, 08:07 AM
Quote:
variations of these well-tested and proven systems will work well
Nov 01, 2015, 11:23 AM
Eye in the Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Stachel
It is astounding to me that people are seriously considering using drones for package delivery. Is doorstep delivery really the intention?

Yes, in certain areas...Amazon and now Wal-Mart Both have been and are already testing it.

IF, it is allowed and this AIR HIGHWAY, is allowed to be constructed
as Amazon wants.........and the DOT/FAA goes along....it will push every hobbyist below 200 feet and only in certain areas Far away from that "highway in the sky"........

have you not read Amazons demand ?

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/29/tech...nes-air-space/

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ckage-delivery

http://www.roboticstrends.com/articl...elivery_drones

just a few articles about it

and Amazon is the leading factor in the lobbyists spending big bucks claiming all these "drone sightings" and so called near misses ( as the AMA already has proven it an exaggeration ) basically a LIE

But now here we are...with a register notion and all these entities demanding a burden on the hobbyists while the Commercial entities will get the airspace..........anywhere there is a Wal-mart or an Amazon warehouse there will be deliveries by DRONE...if it gets created more of these places will crop up...moving out from the cities to the Country...and smaller and smaller areas will hobbyists be allowed in.....especially if it works and Big Delivery companies like FedEx-UPS-USPS get involved.......

could you imagine the job loss if USPS were to start delivering by drone all the Billions of packages that pass through them ???
UPS-FEDEX send tons through USPS for delivery .

Our Hobby may cease to exist.......except those who are willing to pay the Money to be in designated places and pay the fee's and dues to do so....

the basic hobbyist will most likely have to sell all they own and get out...but sell to who ? everyone else will be getting out as well.....SO ....your stuck with useless models and equipment unless you break the law to fly.....
My opinion and speculation...but if you read the articles that is what the commercial entities want and desire to happen !!!
Nov 01, 2015, 03:32 PM
Well, I have one thing to say to Amazon and Walmart.

Top Gun (0 min 9 sec)
Nov 01, 2015, 05:15 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: The commercial companies who want to fly drones are not the problem here. They're not happy with the FAA either, because they need autonomous operation for many of their applications. They don't care about registration as long as it doesn't take long and isn't too expensive for their business model, but it seems very unlikely they want hobby fliers out of the sky.
Nov 01, 2015, 05:44 PM
Looking ahead, I'm thinking the lawyers will be wanting the commercial companies out of the air. I just can't see how drone delivery can be done safely.
Nov 01, 2015, 06:23 PM
Eye in the Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler
I've said it before and I'll say it again: The commercial companies who want to fly drones are not the problem here. They're not happy with the FAA either, because they need autonomous operation for many of their applications. They don't care about registration as long as it doesn't take long and isn't too expensive for their business model, but it seems very unlikely they want hobby fliers out of the sky.
then you have not been following what Amazon and others have been saying.

they want the airspace, they want hobbyists ONLY IN Locations they demand and below 200 feet in those designated areas.

and YES the Commercial entities are the issue...they have and are spending BIG BUCKS $$ and have Lobbyists lining politician pockets to get the airspace.......
They are the ones spending BIG $$ to continue this onslaught of lies about Hobbyist drones flying to close to manned aircraft...even after it was proven most of those SO CALLED Sightings were NOT hobbyist drones !!!
Nov 02, 2015, 05:34 PM
Dave Vos of Google who is one of the co-chairs of this committee has stated Google will start drone deliveries in 2017. Isn't that interesting that he has already determined what the outcome of the committee will be. Something really stinks here......
Nov 02, 2015, 07:05 PM
Under new management.
Quote:
...I'll be trapping myself a drone, it should be pretty easy.
post a vid. i'll watch it.
maybe mark it as a "how to video"
Nov 02, 2015, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Gregory McNeal is also a proponent, in fact he is spot on as is Brendan Schulman.