New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2002, 03:30 PM
Find More Posts by Gonflyin01

Pul Pull On Scratch Built, Any ideas?

I just finished a plane That looks misteriously like the Hobby Lobby Miss Bohemia. Huuh? It even weighs the same! Anyways, I do not want t omess with push rods o nthis one so i am going t otry out how pull pull works. I have the pushrods on each side of the elevator and rudder and the String (fishing Line) attached. now... how do i rout them to the servos which are on the side of the plane (like in the wingo) with as little troubble and cutting as possible and i would like to make them as least visible as possible also? Im sure one of you E-Zoners has done this! Any tips?
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2002, 04:12 PM
Find More Posts by Red Baron 47
Most Exalted Windbag
Here's how I did 'em on my Tiger Moth. Look at the last picture and bottom of page. Click on pictures for larger view. I don't know if this will answer any of your questions, but if it doesn't, we'll talk about it.

http://charlie_dilks.tripod.com/eplanes/id9.html

After looking at the Bohemia, I see how the servos are mounted. Only one arm sticks out, right? I guess you already have it covered too. Below is the only thing I can think of. You could mount two fishing hook eyes on the side of the fuse so that the single arm moving back and forth will give a pull/pull action to the lines.

pull/pull

I'm about the biggest pull/pull advocate around, but I believe that in this design of plane you should stick with push/pull rods. Sometimes it's best. I didn't consider for a second using pull/pulls on my Terry.

PS, sorry about the pop up on my site. They just started doing that.

RB
Last edited by Red Baron 47; Jan 23, 2002 at 04:36 PM.