Thread Tools
Dec 07, 2015, 09:15 AM
Retired CAD guy
birdofplay's Avatar
There's a cruciform inside the Dog House and the articulated surfaces HINGE in those.

Pix in post 31 show that.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2016, 08:40 PM
Registered User
What other motors would work in this application? Maybe from hobby king due to the fact that the board is coming from them.
Mar 03, 2016, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjeep
What other motors would work in this application? Maybe from hobby king due to the fact that the board is coming from them.
I originally used some HK motors but people began having issues with them, me included. I only recommend what I know to be good and the Cobras have served me well.
Jul 17, 2016, 01:06 PM

A new Doghouse and Woodstock added


Just finished my third Doghouse. Stock depron version as in the build log. Have added Woodstock and Snoopy's head rotates. Will be flying for Beaglefest at Knotts Berry Farm this Friday. Will take 2 Doghouses.
Jul 17, 2016, 01:20 PM
Retired CAD guy
birdofplay's Avatar
I still have a few left in stock and now that Depron is NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Further cuttings will have to be from MPF, an American made Depron equivalent.

Once my depron stocks are gone it'll be TOTAL MPF from that point on.

ref:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2685460
https://www.rcfoam.com/stpg.php?page_id=5225
and
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2661631

Sorry for the bad news

BOB
Hoosier Cutout Service
Jul 22, 2016, 09:25 PM

My Third Snoopy Doghouse Maiden


Also some play with my Antic Bipe.

Depron Snoopy 1st Flight and Antic Play by Otto Dieffenbach (0 min 58 sec)
Jul 24, 2016, 09:35 PM

Snoopy and Superman at ComicCon 2016


Flying Snoopy and Superman at ComicCon 2016 by Otto Dieffenbach (1 min 42 sec)
Aug 07, 2016, 01:06 AM

Snoopy at Knotts Berry Farm


Snoopy Flying Ace visits Knotts Berry Farm by Otto Dieffenbach (1 min 1 sec)
Sep 12, 2016, 04:12 PM
Retired CAD guy
birdofplay's Avatar
Today marked a Piece of History in my book !

I cut the LAST piece of 6mm Depron in Stock to make another Flying Dog House Kit !

As a consequence I just finished laying out the very same parts on Model Plane Foam.

Similar foam !
Similar packaging !
NO BIG DEAL !

I am offering my layout for those of you thinking about going it alone
with lots of time on your hands.

Best of luck with your builds.

Bob
Hoosier Cutout Service
Sep 22, 2016, 01:40 PM
Registered User
cannondale1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay
Today marked a Piece of History in my book !

I cut the LAST piece of 6mm Depron in Stock to make another Flying Dog House Kit !

As a consequence I just finished laying out the very same parts on Model Plane Foam.

Similar foam !
Similar packaging !
NO BIG DEAL !

I am offering my layout for those of you thinking about going it alone
with lots of time on your hands.

Best of luck with your builds.

Bob
Hoosier Cutout Service
Hi Bob, how much do you sell the kits for the Snoopy flying doghouse? Thanks! Jason
Sep 26, 2016, 06:55 AM
Retired CAD guy
birdofplay's Avatar
Sorry for late reply.
I have been away with Grand Kids to EU for a couple of weeks.

Any of these links will get you there :-)
http://www.hoosiercutoutservice.com
http://www.hoosiercutoutservice.com/planes/otto.htm
http://www.hoosiercutoutservice.com/...o.htm#DogHouse
Sep 26, 2016, 02:28 PM
Registered User
cannondale1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay
Sorry for late reply.
I have been away with Grand Kids to EU for a couple of weeks.

Any of these links will get you there :-)
http://www.hoosiercutoutservice.com
http://www.hoosiercutoutservice.com/planes/otto.htm
http://www.hoosiercutoutservice.com/...o.htm#DogHouse
This will be my next winter project, thanks so much! Just curious, the $95 foam kit-does that include the Snoopy already cut out/shaped?
Sep 26, 2016, 03:25 PM
Retired CAD guy
birdofplay's Avatar
I assume that you've read thru the Build thread , SEE ABOVE,
so I guess that question is in jest ;>}

A large block of foam is not cheap or easy to ship.
We thought about doing many built up layers of foam
to arrive at a Dog Head facsimile but that too would have taken a lot more sheeting
resulting in higher costs in materials time and shipping.
I also looked into doing a 3D Mill carving the dog head in two halves,
but, it was waaaaaay toooo much machine time to even consider
without a patriarch like the King or the Pope or a military contract .


All I provide is the tabbed and slotted MPF sheeting to complete the
Dog House Portion of this project.
Floor, Roof, Sides Center Cross sheeting and H&V control surfaces.
There are many necessary bits-n-pieces to be added per Ottos' instructions.

Winter project ! Oh noooooo !!!
As much as I dislike the Midwest heat and humidity,
I dislike the winter more.
Sep 28, 2016, 11:28 AM
Registered User
cannondale1974's Avatar
I was serious, I didn't read all of the build thread but I understand shipping could be costly. Looks like the template for helping shape Snoopy are very handy. Are there Snoopy template PDF's available I can print out? Would be great to have some for Woodstsock also.

Should be a fun project! I'm not a fan of winter either, although winters here in Kentucky are fairly mild.


Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay
I assume that you've read thru the Build thread , SEE ABOVE,
so I guess that question is in jest ;>}

A large block of foam is not cheap or easy to ship.
We thought about doing many built up layers of foam
to arrive at a Dog Head facsimile but that too would have taken a lot more sheeting
resulting in higher costs in materials time and shipping.
I also looked into doing a 3D Mill carving the dog head in two halves,
but, it was waaaaaay toooo much machine time to even consider
without a patriarch like the King or the Pope or a military contract .


All I provide is the tabbed and slotted MPF sheeting to complete the
Dog House Portion of this project.
Floor, Roof, Sides Center Cross sheeting and H&V control surfaces.
There are many necessary bits-n-pieces to be added per Ottos' instructions.

Winter project ! Oh noooooo !!!
As much as I dislike the Midwest heat and humidity,
I dislike the winter more.
Sep 28, 2016, 11:39 AM
Registered User
cannondale1974's Avatar
Quick question: How do you transition from vertical takeoff/hover to forward flight? Do you flip a switch to change flight modes on the multirotor flight controller? Or is he simply giving a lot of down elevator to create that orientation?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools