Jun 04, 2017, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLimitRC
If i were to connet my frsky xsr rx's telemetry cable to the rrosd will it send back information like remaining voltage?
My lumenier lux fc does it currently but I would like to have rssi on my fpv feed.
AFAIK, you'd have to use this pad on the XSR and connect it to the RSSI pad on the RROSD. It won't feed you 'remaining voltage' as that's not RSSI and the RROSD's OSD already provides you voltage.

Make sense?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2017, 08:42 PM
I have a degree in crashing!
Ah I see. Thanks
Sep 06, 2017, 10:08 AM
Is it possible to get betaflight menus to display on the rrosd? Probably not? But wondering if connecting the RX/tx to a UART would make it work. If not, any plans on an updated firmware that allows it?
Sep 23, 2017, 04:04 PM
[ncux]
Some one get have XM+ rssi worked on rrosd?
Sep 23, 2017, 05:01 PM
Does not work.
Sep 25, 2017, 12:11 AM
[ncux]
Quote:
Originally Posted by downloader9
Does not work.
Even with dac?
Sep 25, 2017, 02:46 AM
I tryed and could not make it work, try yourself
Oct 14, 2017, 05:29 AM
[ncux]
So. My RROSD is dead. No OSD. I have picture from camera but no any other. I think chip is dead. Can i just replace chip and burn firmware? Or need bootloader?
Oct 24, 2017, 09:45 PM
Anyone know why the osd moves when the cam moves and jitters?
Feb 06, 2018, 08:00 AM

Rrosd blinking green LED

So I purchased a used quad that has a race flight FC. I had everything bound and working in the race flight UI and my remote showed inputs in the radio data. Everything seemed great. Did all the Wizards perfectly. However when I unplug and I go to arm the quad, double arm or not, nothing happens. I do have a blinking green light on my pdb and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. Please advise otherwise I am flashing betaflight on to these flight controls today
Feb 07, 2018, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion
So I purchased a used quad that has a race flight FC. I had everything bound and working in the race flight UI and my remote showed inputs in the radio data. Everything seemed great. Did all the Wizards perfectly. However when I unplug and I go to arm the quad, double arm or not, nothing happens. I do have a blinking green light on my pdb and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. Please advise otherwise I am flashing betaflight on to these flight controls today
Per the manual

The onboard LED can provide useful information to help trouble shoot the RR LED Behavior:
Stays full on: this means the RROSD is running but not getting valid video signal from the camera. Check camera cable

Blinks steadily: this is an indication that the RROSD is running properly and getting valid video input. Check VTX cabling and make sure channels are set correctly. Check VTX antenna to make sure there’s no short

LED not on when powered up: RROSD isn’t running. Check battery input cable and make sure battery is charged

The FC FW doesn't have anything to do with this OSD, it's completely separate from the FC. So flashing Betaflight wouldn't make any difference in this situation I'm afraid. I'd go over all the connections for the OSD and I'm sure you'll find the problem. Seems the OSD is working fine tho. Good luck
Feb 07, 2018, 02:33 AM
Should send a manual with the board really. Might prevent 50% of questions asked on here.
Feb 07, 2018, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychopathRC
Should send a manual with the board really. Might prevent 50% of questions asked on here.
I get that but the link is provided where you order it from. Just about every component I've ever bought for quads I've had to download the manual if I wanted to look at one. Funny story tho, I ordered a new computer desk online a few months ago and when I got it it had no assembly manual inside the box. Only a card with a 1-800 number for customer service. I called the number and told them I didn't get an assembly manual with it and the lady says, we don't include them anymore, you'll have to download that off our site lol. So for some instances I can see not including the manual but an assembly manual should still be included in the box IMHO.
Feb 07, 2018, 12:03 PM
Providing manuals is a huge waste of paper resources. Why print out thousands and thousands of them when they'll likely only get one use before recycled or worse, thrown in the trash? A website is WAY more reusable and can easily include things like pictures if needed.

Let's not even get started on how much waste is created between revisions too. >.< Can't edit and update an already printed manual like you can a website/pdf.
Feb 08, 2018, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis
Providing manuals is a huge waste of paper resources. Why print out thousands and thousands of them when they'll likely only get one use before recycled or worse, thrown in the trash? A website is WAY more reusable and can easily include things like pictures if needed.

Let's not even get started on how much waste is created between revisions too. >.< Can't edit and update an already printed manual like you can a website/pdf.
And yes there's that also. The revisions alone would be crazy

Quick Reply