This thread is privately moderated by Tahoed, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 28, 2015, 11:08 PM
That thing almost hit me
Thread OP
Discussion

Build #6

Decided to build one with a fuselage this time. Used a little electric planer to shape it. Have no idea how I'll finish this one. Naked foam, glass, goop, tape ?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2015, 07:16 PM
The gooped version is a rugged method the sloper community did a few years back thinned with Toulene or Xylene, BOTH are NASTY and dangerous chemicals so good gloves they can't penetrate and don't get them on your skin or breath the vapors...
Definitely not a inside job or sometime in the garage without a cross breeze to carry the fumes out or they will be in the house. Outside under a canopy might work best...

Glass is going to be heavy if not squeegie or blot or bagged to be just enough to fill weave and adhere the cloth but Goop is heavy too...
I'll dig up the Goop posting a friend sent me.

David

Quick Reply