Thread Tools
Aug 04, 2019, 04:54 PM
Registered User
Tom,

in my opinion, my friend's elevator neutral (with up trim) looks like yours which apparently seem to be on the high side.
I guess we are unable to compare both planes knowing that you have a Gyro installed and therefore if any wiggling is involved gyro is likely to overcome it and give you stability.

Any particular reason why you replaced the IGyro (presume the IGyro 3E) with the demon Cortex?

If we consider the problem related to a bad servo, it might also be one of the stab servos....

I am eager to find out reason behind this behavior

Thanks a million for your input and feedback.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2019, 05:59 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmaster1
Tom,

in my opinion, my friend's elevator neutral (with up trim) looks like yours which apparently seem to be on the high side.
I guess we are unable to compare both planes knowing that you have a Gyro installed and therefore if any wiggling is involved gyro is likely to overcome it and give you stability.

Any particular reason why you replaced the IGyro (presume the IGyro 3E) with the demon Cortex?

If we consider the problem related to a bad servo, it might also be one of the stab servos....

I am eager to find out reason behind this behavior

Thanks a million for your input and feedback.
Keep us posted on what you find.

I changed my radio from Spektrum to Jeti and I prefer the Cortex in this config. Iím running Mercury SRS in two of my jets (with integrated iGryo 3e) and they both work great. My other 4 jets have the Cortex. Having flown both gyros extensively I find both of them to be very effective.
Aug 04, 2019, 06:01 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmaster1
Tom,

in my opinion, my friend's elevator neutral (with up trim) looks like yours which apparently seem to be on the high side.
I guess we are unable to compare both planes knowing that you have a Gyro installed and therefore if any wiggling is involved gyro is likely to overcome it and give you stability.

Any particular reason why you replaced the IGyro (presume the IGyro 3E) with the demon Cortex?

If we consider the problem related to a bad servo, it might also be one of the stab servos....

I am eager to find out reason behind this behavior

Thanks a million for your input and feedback.
The next time I fly my F16 I will turn off the gyro in flight to see if I get and wiggling in the roll axis. Probably wonít be for another 3weeks or so though.
Aug 05, 2019, 01:19 AM
Registered User

Think twice before buying this plane.


Quality of this plane is amazing: results of a high speed pass.
There was even no glue inside, not talking about CF. The whole elevator hub was holding on a thin foam stripe which couldn't stand full throttle of K60.
Took a bit of luck and tall grass to land that 250km/h drillbit with a minor damage.
Aug 05, 2019, 06:06 AM
Registered User
Wow. And I was thinking about buying one of the to put an 80 in. Have seen one fly with a 70 and it's slower than the super viper and need full throttle to fly most of the time.
Aug 05, 2019, 11:11 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmaxx1961
Wow. And I was thinking about buying one of the to put an 80 in. Have seen one fly with a 70 and it's slower than the super viper and need full throttle to fly most of the time.
The K 70 felt pretty good on the F16.... The stock stab setup and the wiggling experienced during the flight prevented my friend to push the throttle further. Flight was done between 1/3 and 1/2 throttle. landed after 3 minutes with 75% fuel left in the tank.

Still hoping to understand what is causing the wiggling on the roll axis....
Aug 05, 2019, 01:05 PM
Registered User
If it has a stabilizer could it be its set to be too sensitive at higher G oscillations ?
Aug 05, 2019, 04:01 PM
Registered User
supercruise's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercruise
I had a similar flight last week but mine ended poorly. What engine do you have in there now? I had a JC Bee SE in mine with about eight to ten flights on it. My last flight I was at 100% throttle upon rotating and was holding in elevator but after she got to about 75 to 100 ft up she would'n climb any further and I started a right hand turn to come back and after it came around about 180 degrees I started to feed in left aileron but it kept turning right and elevator was ineffective. She went in kind of flat. Almost seemed like a failsafe but the ECU data doesn't show that. I felt with the 80 in there, the engine alway seemed starved for air and a smaller engine may be better. I added blow in doors on top of the hatch but that didn't seem to help much. Good luck with your new engine. BTW, I may be going through the parts to sell at good prices like the gear. Like I said the plane went in pretty flat so damage wasn't bad.
Just thought I'd post here as I pretty much figured out why mine went in(see above)and I didn't want to leave my original post as some may have looked at as I was implying there was a problem with the plane. After stripping the plane and putting the engine on the test stand, I determined it was the engine shutting down a few seconds after leaving the ground. Seems that the ECU connection to the engine(multiplex connector) had an intermittent causing a "communication error" which causes the engine to immediately shutdown.
Aug 05, 2019, 07:35 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercruise
Just thought I'd post here as I pretty much figured out why mine went in(see above)and I didn't want to leave my original post as some may have looked at as I was implying there was a problem with the plane. After stripping the plane and putting the engine on the test stand, I determined it was the engine shutting down a few seconds after leaving the ground. Seems that the ECU connection to the engine(multiplex connector) had an intermittent causing a "communication error" which causes the engine to immediately shutdown.
Thanks for the update. I originally flew mine with a K60 and it flew fine, with enough thrust for quick go- around on approach. Now I fly it with a K70 and it flies even better so I canít imagine that an 80 would not be enough power. A friend of mine flew his with a K100 and it was quite fast until it came a part in flight, pretty much disintegrated when the elevator failed.
Aug 06, 2019, 12:55 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmobile
If it has a stabilizer could it be its set to be too sensitive at higher G oscillations ?
sorry but i did not get what you are saying. What exactly do you mean by "if it has a stabilizer" and the related setting... If you mean a Gyro, our F16 did not have any...
Aug 09, 2019, 03:05 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmaxx1961
Wow. And I was thinking about buying one of the to put an 80 in. Have seen one fly with a 70 and it's slower than the super viper and need full throttle to fly most of the time.
Hey Max, I fly with a K85 and love this bird... I originally had a K60 but it felt really underpowered. I can go vertical almost as long as I want and have power to spare. Throttle management is the key...
Aug 09, 2019, 07:43 AM
Registered User
I'd like to know if you guys are having the same Servo heating issues as I am, the constant rotation servo that lock the knees on the retrax get hot as hell on mine too hot to hold your finger on for more than a second. In the up position they're fine but gear extended they get hot, is this normal?
Aug 13, 2019, 05:54 AM
Registered User
hi .. this video is with sw60b but i think this model need 80...
SPEED LIMIT RC MODELO HSD F-16 SW60B (5 min 38 sec)
Aug 13, 2019, 09:20 AM
Registered User
Nice flight. It could use an 80 but you will have to be careful not to rip the elevators off. From what I have read that is the weak area.
Aug 18, 2019, 12:25 AM
FlyRCJets
gambok's Avatar

Hsd f16


Finally got some video of my HSD F16 with the K60 installed. Here is take off and landing.

HSD F16 1 (0 min 36 sec)

HSD F16 4 (0 min 12 sec)

HSD F16 5 (0 min 29 sec)


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools