Oct 31, 2015, 10:58 AM
Wada ya mean, over engineered?
Thread OP
No, sorry Ben. Been searching for a Carbon Cub 3-view but couldn't find anything, I'll keep looking and may try writing CubCrafter's to see if they have one they'll let us use.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2015, 11:21 AM
rofra
Hello all

I'm visit the " Faszination Modellbau to Friedrichshafen " this friday and today, and I see the new Funcub XL, on the stand the version with float is show, this plane is very beautifull and the quality of make is very high, in Europe the delivery begin end November.

Ps: sorry for my poor English

Roland
Oct 31, 2015, 11:43 AM
Thread OP
Roland, your English is fine! If you get the chance could you possibly take (and post) a few photos?
Oct 31, 2015, 12:04 PM
Needs More Go Fast....
Found more pics on Facebook. Stole these from Pascal Fempel.

Pascal if you read this and want me to take them down tell me.
Oct 31, 2015, 12:23 PM
Thread OP
MaydayMayday,

Thanks for posting! Like the stiffener/firewall mounted motor and the gear tie in to the stiffener, should eliminate some of the plastic mount related vibration problems that some other MPX designs have suffered! Also would be interesting to get some dimensions and see if there's an existing articulated gear set that's properly sized, with the the gear mount it should be easy to adapt if there was one. I like the aft mounted servos just wish they were buried a little deeper.
Oct 31, 2015, 07:03 PM
Just messing around with paint jobs but I have to admit it's more for when I get a CZC not a fun cub XL. As you could probably guess I want neon yellow and neon green.
Last edited by benjamin presten; Jun 02, 2018 at 06:26 AM.
Oct 31, 2015, 07:28 PM
Tree hopper
Here's my FC in John Deere colors...
As for the CZC, well, when you pull the decals, the foam pulls also (Type of foam EPO), so you'll have to sand and prime, it several times to get them down.
Oct 31, 2015, 07:34 PM
Yeah. Figures. I don't mind the extra work as long as it looks good when it's done.
Oct 31, 2015, 10:19 PM
Tree hopper
Last edited by gabe221; Nov 06, 2015 at 12:04 AM.
Oct 31, 2015, 10:53 PM
It seems like the paint comes out smooth if you put a little effort in. One way or another, Its unlikely that I will have the money for a carbon cub anytime soon.
Nov 01, 2015, 02:44 AM
Thread OP
Glad we got a video and a few teaser pics this early but if you need more here's a few more captures from the video for the sake of discussion.
It looks (to me) like the wing struts are round carbon fiber tube. The gear looks pretty beefy compared to the funcub's wire gear and the rubber tires should (hopefully) be a little more paved surface friendly. I guess from the caption the "M-Frame Technology" IS the stiffener, which appears to be well engineered (wonder where that idea came from). Anyway until more trickles in ...

Last edited by cubcrafter60; Nov 01, 2015 at 06:45 AM.
Nov 01, 2015, 04:00 AM
Counting Cubs
Now this is an exciting release.

Not too fond of the RR version (esp. with the HS-225BB which already cost me a plane! Maybe bad luck but once bitten, you know...) but will definitely consider getting the kit and giving the plane a Cubcrafters livery.... Already got the smaller UMX Carbon Cub and the PKZ Sport Cub S2 so well !
Nov 01, 2015, 08:45 AM
Thread OP
RyoOhki1701,

Let us know what you think of her (I'm sure you'll be seeing it way before we do). I just noticed multiplex-rc.de is now listing both the kit and the RR under they're products page, we must be getting closer!
Nov 01, 2015, 04:31 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60
RyoOhki1701,

Let us know what you think of her (I'm sure you'll be seeing it way before we do). I just noticed multiplex-rc.de is now listing both the kit and the RR under they're products page, we must be getting closer!
They had both listed on the website the same day the video was posted on Youtube.

Last friday I was at my local hobby store (in the Netherlands) and the owner also confirmed that it would be out by the end of November.
Nov 02, 2015, 08:59 PM

Release date?

Anyone hear when it's going to be released here in the states? I called Tower, but they didn't have a date set - or even say they were going to sell it - but since they sell every other plane MP makes, I'll bet they will.

Quick Reply