LuaPilot Telemetry Taranis Lua Script - RC Groups
Oct 28, 2015, 04:57 AM
Download

LuaPilot Telemetry Taranis Lua Script

Instruction

LuaPilot is a nice Telemetry screen for Taranis with OpenTX >2.16 and should work with Arducopter (Pixhawk, Fixhawk, AUAV-X2, etc.) and maybe others Flight controllers which are connected to an FrSky D-Receiver & X-Receiver.

Changelog:

V2:
OpenTX 2.16 Ready, Performance & less Memory Consume, Better Hdg, Distance, Battery Percent Calculation with capacity, Resistance Calk & Voltage Compensation, better Battery Regression Curve , Audio Alerts for LipoVoltage, Consume, Flight mode, Max Average Current & GPS State

V1:
Battery Consume, Vspeed, GPS Speed, Hdg, efficiency Calk, Background Task, flexible Setup.

Let’s improve it together and have one nice all in one Taranis Telemetry Script, made Pull Requests or if you have an issue please report it

This is Version 2 for the next Version 3 it’s planned to add more Screens, more Flight Controllers, Plane Support and a GPS/Compass "Radar" screen.

Screenshots
(https://raw.githubusercontent.com/il...r/LuaPilot.jpg)

Screenshots
(https://raw.githubusercontent.com/il...Pilot.Logo.jpg)

GitHub Page
http://ilihack.github.io/LuaPilot_Taranis_Telemetry/
Last edited by ilihack; Nov 24, 2015 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Version 2
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2015, 08:10 AM
Excellent! Exactly what I was looking for or trying to fix from the existing scripts.

Yours works fantastic on 2.1.3

Can you please create a similar script to this:
http://pastebin.com/nGmD5uWj#

In that battery voltage doesn't show. In yours it does!

I really like the original layout that Richardoe has:
http://fpv-community.de/showthread.p...rie-LUA-Script

Could you please create a similar screen?
Oct 29, 2015, 08:45 AM
Hello @limaecho nice to hear and nice to know that the work was not only for my

did you mean you like the Layout from _ben Telemetry screen vor Naze32 but his Battery Voltage doesn’t work?
Maybe you Have 6s Battery’s?
Last edited by ilihack; Oct 29, 2015 at 08:54 AM.
Oct 29, 2015, 02:54 PM
No I use 4s battery. I have Naze32 with D4R-Ii

Are you able to do a layout like the one that is on richardoe script?

http://fpv-community.de/showthread.p...rie-LUA-Script

Thanks again!

Also not using GPS. The telemetry fields I see on Taranis are these:
VSpd
AccX
AccY
AccZ
SWR
RSSI
A1
A2
Alt
Hdg
Temp
RPM
Cels
VFAS
Curr
Fuel
GPS --- (I don't have a GPS)

I use SD switch to Arm, Disarm, Beeper & SA Switch to Acro, Angle, Horizon.
Will probably use SF to turn Baro on and off.
Last edited by limaecho; Oct 29, 2015 at 04:22 PM.
Oct 29, 2015, 11:34 PM

2.1.3 Telemetry Lua Script

I have finally with the help of your script - achieved what I wanted to achieve in my setup.

For those of you who are looking for a script with various switches. See attached my version of the script (modified above script) that works! Its basically a combo of http://fpv-community.de/showthread.p...rie-LUA-Script and script posted by ilihack

SD Switch - Arm, Disarm, Beeper
SA Switch - Acro, Horizon, Angle
SF - Baro On / Off

Rename the file to telem.lua and place it in Scripts/Telemetry folder on your Taranis.
Oct 30, 2015, 11:29 PM
@limaecho thank nice that you see you work i don’t have a Naze32 but others will need it yet, and nice that you post you seen Telemetry field of you Taranis it will for the future to improve the Script for Naze32 Compatibilist.

But this will take time because I will do the work in my way: use Temp(Mode) and Rpm(Armed&Throttle) instead of to look to the switches and an auto detection for what kind of flight controller is used to draw the Available info’s...
Oct 31, 2015, 04:56 AM
z33
z33
Subscribed
Nov 02, 2015, 09:45 AM
this worked perfect(once i figured out which temp was which)

thank you very much

if you wanted another challenge..could you change the battery level to pull from current consumption instead of voltage? have a spot in the code to put your battery capacity for calculating.(i'll also take a crack at it.)
Last edited by P.I.Engineer; Nov 03, 2015 at 12:08 AM.
Nov 03, 2015, 12:10 PM
@P.I.Engineer you are right the voltage level are not very accurate in this moment i am working on are new battery Battery estimation with an no Linear (Voltage to Percent) Regression Curve and an Battery Resistance Compensations algorithm.

switch from Voltage level to comsume level.. is on the to-do list
but don't forgett Battery leveling with comsume have Problems too (Battery was to cold , Battery is daying in der Air, you forgett to change the Setup)

I don’t have a Power Module in this Moment my it’s Damage. If somebody can test the new Beta Battery Calculation with an Arducopter and with power module it will be very very nice
Last edited by ilihack; Nov 03, 2015 at 01:38 PM.
Nov 05, 2015, 12:30 AM

Altitutde

Ok so I was testing this and making sure all was correct. And it seems that my Altitude being shown is not the actual altitude but the value is that of the Heading.

This is my Altitude part of the script

-- ################################################## #############
-- Altitude
-- ################################################## #############

lcd.drawText(114,44, "Alt: ",SMLSIZE,0)

if alt >=10 then
lcd.drawText(lcd.getLastPos(), 40, round(alt), MIDSIZE)
elseif alt<=0.0 and alt>=-0.1 then
lcd.drawText(lcd.getLastPos(), 40, 0, MIDSIZE)
elseif alt<-0.1 then
lcd.drawText(lcd.getLastPos(), 40, round(alt), MIDSIZE)
else
lcd.drawText(lcd.getLastPos(), 40, alt, MIDSIZE)
end

lcd.drawText(lcd.getLastPos(), 44, 'm', 0)

Any reason why it doesn't show the value of the altitude?
Nov 05, 2015, 10:49 AM
i must name you Telemetry Variables correct like compass=Hdg and altitude=Alt

Second you can Delete the Fallback id block in the begin its only for Arducopter and will only use if the script donít find correct names like in you case
Nov 05, 2015, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilihack
Instruction

3. Activate the FrSky S protocol in the parameters for the appropriate port. baute rate: 57kbs
ilihack,

I've just downloaded the latest quad firmware from Mission planner and couldn't see the S-Port Protocol as an option for Serial2 (only 1 GCS Mavlink and 2 for FrSky D-Port). Can you verify if your parameters show option 3?
Nov 05, 2015, 04:52 PM
Hello DrOid
Its can happen than some new Parameter are not in Mission Planner try install APMPlanner2 and try again it have some now Parameter Options please tell me if you find it their
Nov 05, 2015, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilihack
Hello DrOid
Its can happen than some new Parameter are not in Mission Planner try install APMPlanner2 and try again it have some now Parameter Options please tell me if you find it their
Thanks ilihack. I did see the S-Port protocol under APM Planner.

Do you think it can just be a missing parameter description for that parameter on Mission Planner?
Nov 06, 2015, 07:05 AM
No Problems,
Yes its missing and much more is missing light flightmodes and ch7&ch8 options.
i add to the Setup guide the info (APMPlaner2)
Thank you too