Jan 23, 2002, 01:22 PM
Thread OP

Beldone Twin Otter

I just received the Beldone Models DeHavilland Twin Otter Kit.

http://www.beldonemodels.com/page4.html

Do any of you folks have any experience with this model? The laser cutting is magnificent of coarse, and the balsa stock looks good. I am drooling over the plans. I plan on using two AF 05s with GB.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2002, 02:26 PM
Buran:
I have no experience with building any of Anton's kits, but I get to see the prototypes fly almost every weekend, since he's a member of my club. Build it as per the plans, and I know you'll be happy with it. Several clubmates have built the CL415, Beldone's 1st kit, and liked it, so the Otter should do well too. Astro 05's or 035's sound ideal for this project. Keep us posted on your progress.
Brad.
Jan 23, 2002, 03:50 PM

beldone models

I am finishing up Anton's CL415, which is a great design and scale kit. I am so impressed that I have eyes on the Twin Otter as a project in the near future. I take it you bought the kit, let us know how it comes together.
Jan 23, 2002, 06:54 PM
AMA 670207
I have the T.O. plans from Anton that I purchased before he started on the kit. Do let us know how it builds and flies. I might just have to pick up the kit if/when he shows up at the NW Hobby Expo.
Perry
Jan 23, 2002, 07:42 PM
Oh man, the last thing I need in my life is another project, but I've got a little soft spot in my heart for the Twotter. You gotta love any plane that you can fly with the windows rolled (slid actually) down.

How do the plans look? Don't know if I want to pony up for the whole kit.

Thanks, Pete
Jan 23, 2002, 10:09 PM
AMA 670207
Pete,
The plans are really nice. Anton did a great job in designing the plane. It's pretty simple to build IMO. Primarily stick built with a constant chord wing. No biggie. Check out his site and you'll see the uncovered version in the stills. http://www.beldonemodels.com/
Perry
Jun 21, 2006, 05:34 AM
Roger A
Anyone know of larger Twin Otter Plans 72"to 84" Approx
Jun 21, 2006, 06:55 AM
Ivan Pettigrew has plans for a 84" 6 lb twin otter.
Ben
Jun 21, 2006, 07:18 AM

Re Ivans's 84" TO

The Ivan Pettigrew TO may very well be a laser cut kit in the near future. I know Mark Turner the guy who mfg all of Anton's designs has been working with Ivan Pettigrew to get a few of his designs into laser cut form.

Mark's product page is RT Models

Ivans Mossie is well underway now into a laser cut kit to start with just click on the picture for the info on the Mossie Mossie
Nice to see someone take a design and start cutting kits from a maser such as Ivan! Bruce

Quick Reply