to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2017, 02:34 PM
Bart:
The window frame looks great. Will the final piece be the paper or will that get transferred to thin plywood. The spruce strip in the keel is a great idea for the strength it adds. You had a moment of impatience WOW. Seeing the pictures of your perfection in your building I didn't think it possible.
Rick
Jun 07, 2017, 02:57 PM
71% of the world is runway . .
Thread OP
@ Rick, the window frame wil eventually be made of a very thin plywood lasercut part.
Although i think the hand cut paper window frame will work fine also.

Cheers,

Bart
Jun 10, 2017, 09:15 AM
Spad Driver
It's looking really great, Bart. You're getting close to getting it wet. It will make it easier with my build to see how you have done things, too.

Jim
Jun 13, 2017, 01:40 PM
Thread OP
3d printed exhaust stacks. Printing done by shapeways.

Cheers,

Bart
Jun 13, 2017, 04:14 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
So very fine!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Jun 14, 2017, 12:34 PM
It's a fine fiddly business.
Bart,

This is too pretty for words. The entire stummel build is impressive. The stummel to fuselage filet is beyond amazing. I will do filets like that when I grow up.

Robert
Jun 16, 2017, 07:17 AM
olivier
A MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!! splendid!!!
Jul 16, 2017, 02:16 PM
Thread OP
Thanks all !

More work on the DO24 being done. The stummels are done for now.
Spend many hours sanding and shaping balsa but i'm very happy with the result so far.

Next up the cockpit

Cheers,

Bart
Jul 16, 2017, 02:56 PM
Bart:
hey that's looking good so far. I'm seeing evidence that there was a lot of balsa dust created.

Is the fuselage one piece with a removable tail? or have you made it a two piece fuse like Jim's 1st prototype?
Rick
Jul 16, 2017, 03:04 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Very nice Bart!!! You sure do nice work!!

Steve.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Jul 16, 2017, 03:11 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Beautiful work Bart.

J
Jul 16, 2017, 03:52 PM
Into the burning blue
I'm amazed at the detail you have visualised this in before you started work. OK, there was a previous version and 3d modelling must help, but even so ...

Nosepiece on the stummel fairings is very useful. I have something similar coming up and I was thinking foam. But I might well have a go in balsa.

All the best

Alec
Jul 16, 2017, 04:47 PM
In the preceding pictures 3,4 and five I see you are using about eight separate pieces of balsa to form the stummel tip, is this just you using up scrap balsa to form the tip or have you a system / preference for grain direction or something?

Quick Reply