Oct 24, 2015, 08:20 PM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
Thread OP
Discussion

VQ F6F Hellcat 46 size

The information is pretty sparse right now but there are definite indicators that a new larger F6F Hellcat will be released sometime soon. Looks like it'll be about a 65" wingspan. And if you've seen the new crop of VQ and Phoenix EP/GP warbirds it should be pretty nice!

I saw this yesterday while browsing the Hobby People site. http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...-rotating.html So the airframe shouldn't be too far behind.

Also, another RCGroups member LDM found some information I'm hoping he'll post here.

Mike
Last edited by CryHavoc; Oct 24, 2015 at 08:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2015, 08:42 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Mike , sorry I was late to the part
Will dig up the specs and edit the thread in a second
Hellcat / 1650mm
Previous product
F6F Hellcat / 1650mm
expected on 14.12.2015
Item #: C8213
Shipping time: 52 - 53 days

Our price: 199,00 €
Oct 25, 2015, 10:05 AM
Thread OP
Its all good man. This thread will probably be slow anyway until something actually shows up.
Oct 25, 2015, 10:20 AM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
With a wingspan of 1650mm, I find it a little hard to believe that it will be 46 sized. I would be willing to bet it will be 60-90 size. Regardless, if it is detailed out like their recent SBD Dauntless, it should be a nice plane

Kman
Oct 25, 2015, 12:56 PM
Well that's my next model is sorted.
Oct 25, 2015, 06:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexta
Well that's my next model is sorted.
Hahaha, Yep. That's what I said when I saw this. All other considerations or purchases are on hold.

Mike
Nov 09, 2015, 12:06 AM
Twins are Twice the Fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc
The information is pretty sparse right now but there are definite indicators that a new larger F6F Hellcat will be released sometime soon. Looks like it'll be about a 65" wingspan. And if you've seen the new crop of VQ and Phoenix EP/GP warbirds it should be pretty nice!

I saw this yesterday while browsing the Hobby People site. http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...-rotating.html So the airframe shouldn't be too far behind.

Also, another RCGroups member LDM found some information I'm hoping he'll post here.

Mike

The sparse info about a VQ Hellcat got even sparser!!
The Hobby People info vaporized.
"Warbird" Charlie
Nov 09, 2015, 12:21 AM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
Yeah, I noticed that was gone today, too.

But, I also noticed this...

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...ize-ep-gp.html

Kman
Nov 09, 2015, 02:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by OV10Bronco
The sparse info about a VQ Hellcat got even sparser!!
The Hobby People info vaporized.
"Warbird" Charlie
Ahh damn!

Hopefully its just because its too far out to be putting up pages to it but will "eventually" be here.

Mike
Nov 25, 2015, 09:29 AM
The European distributor also removed references for availability just before Christmas. They have shared that availability has been pushed back to "Spring 2016" - ie 3 to 6 months away....
Looks like a summer project....
Nov 30, 2016, 06:25 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24
With a wingspan of 1650mm, I find it a little hard to believe that it will be 46 sized. I would be willing to bet it will be 60-90 size. Regardless, if it is detailed out like their recent SBD Dauntless, it should be a nice plane

Kman
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. 46 size warbirds are generally in the 55" range, give or take.

I'm actually hoping it's actual 46-size. +-55" wingspan would be perfect for chasing around that Ki-61 I sold.
Dec 01, 2016, 01:46 AM
Scale Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. 46 size warbirds are generally in the 55" range, give or take.

I'm actually hoping it's actual 46-size. +-55" wingspan would be perfect for chasing around that Ki-61 I sold.
See here Rampage: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...T#post36280511

Quick Reply