Oct 23, 2015, 10:45 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Spektrum DX6i Vs. stock Nano QX transmitter

I recently bought the Nano QX RTF, and was wondering if buying a different TX will provide a better flight experience, say the DX6i. If so, what are the benefits?

Just wanted to add that I do plan to build my own quad someday, or at least buy an ARF version.

Thanks for you help.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2015, 07:25 AM
Rapidly aging user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Wizardo
I recently bought the Nano QX RTF, and was wondering if buying a different TX will provide a better flight experience, say the DX6i. If so, what are the benefits?
Just wanted to add that I do plan to build my own quad someday, or at least buy an ARF version.
Thanks for you help.
Yes, a better TX is the best upgrade a new flier can make. Things like expo, stick scaling, sub-trims, etc as well as better "feel" make flying much easier & more fun. I use a DX6i (that I bought used) w/ my NQX FC/mQX frankenquad as well as 2 larger quads.
That said...you should check the Radios forum for advice & reviews as the DX6i is an older design....the Taranis in particular seems to be very popular. Like anything, it depends on what you want to spend.
Oct 24, 2015, 11:07 AM
If you want to stick with Spektrum radios and are willing to spend a little extra, i would highly suggest a DX6 over a DX6i.

The 6i is showing its age and the DX6 is loaded with features that normally radios twice its price have. It would be a more solid long-term investment if you plan on sticking with the hobby as it can grow with you.
Oct 24, 2015, 11:20 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for the pieces of advice. I guess I should return my Nano QX RTF, and get the BNF version . And buy the DX6, of course.

Another question: Should I get the DX6 with the AR610 Receiver, or just the DX6? Is it worth the $30 extra? I've just started with RC, so I'll be sticking with the Nano QX for now.
Oct 24, 2015, 12:56 PM
Rapidly aging user
Quote:
Thanks for the pieces of advice. I guess I should return my Nano QX RTF, and get the BNF version . And buy the DX6, of course.
Another question: Should I get the DX6 with the AR610 Receiver, or just the DX6? Is it worth the $30 extra? I've just started with RC, so I'll be sticking with the Nano QX for now.
+1 w/ Goden's advice...if you feel you want to continue in this unholy obsession & can swap the RTF for a BNF & get a better TX, I'd say...do it now rather than later. FWIW...I use Orange R615X receivers on my NQX/mQx Frankie, Armattan 258 V-tail, & DIY 480mm AP rig w/o issues (so far ??) Welcome to our addiction!
Oct 24, 2015, 08:22 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by raw89
Welcome to our addiction!
Hmm... Usually addiction is a bad thing. Out of curiosity, how much $ did you spend on RC so far?
Oct 24, 2015, 10:15 PM
Rapidly aging user
Quote:
Hmm... Usually addiction is a bad thing. Out of curiosity, how much $ did you spend on RC so far?
LOL...those comments were in a joking nature. I never added it up but it's probably a little north of $1.3K over the last few years w/ no regrets. I buy the big items used & have been able to resell things w/o much loss when I want to move to something new. It's all good

Quick Reply