Oct 21, 2015, 12:37 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Any interest in an electric fly-in in North East Texas?

While attending the board meeting of my flying club last night, The Texarkana Radio Control Flying Club, some members expressed an interest in hosting an electric only fly-in next year. (It was a budget meeting). If we could drum up enough interest for it. We also decided to open up our big annual flying event from big birds only to anything flys. A big change for us as our event celebrated 25 years last season.

I am glad to see the shift away from only Big Birds. As a matter of fact, the last couple of times I went to the club field electrics outnumbered IC. I think this is good for the hobby and good for our club.

Anyway, for the details, There aren't many yet. Only we would like to have it late summer or early fall. Plus it has to be electric only. Details on our field. We are located in Texarkana, Tx. which is basically at the corner of 4 states, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, and Oklahoma. Right on IH-30 that runs between Dallas and Little Rock. The field is located at the dam on Wright Patman Lake. The field is large enough to host an event with as many as 100 pilots with unlimited spectator seating on the dam behind us. The field is centered around a North/South asphalt runway.

Please let me know if you guys would be interested in attending the event.

Thanks
Jim Arrington
Vice President
Texarkana Radio Control Flying Club.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2015, 12:38 PM
Thread OP
Club website: http://trcfc.org/

Jim

Quick Reply