This thread is privately moderated by Blaze0021, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 19, 2015, 03:14 AM
Thread OP
Video

Parkzone UM T-28 (2S Brushless) "Achilles" - GWS 5030 3-Blade Prop Flight

Best viewed in Fullscreen and HD! This is the Maiden Flight of my Parkzone Ultra Micro T-28 (Custom 2S Brushless) "Achilles" using the new GWS 5030 3-Blade Prop and UMX P-47 Spinner.

Originally, I had been using the Eflite 5 x 2.75 Standard Prop with my Parkzone Ultra Micro T-28 Trojan (2S Brushless) "Achilles" and had great results with it in conjunction with the Eflite Brushless 2500 KV Brushless 180 Motor. However, using this new GWS 5030 3-Blade Prop with the Eflite 2500 KV Motor had not only improved the thrust and top speed but also the throttle management on low end speeds, it seemed. Overall performance with this GWS Prop has increased what I had already thought to have been a "maxed out stats" type plane. Not to mention, the new GWS 3-Blade 5030 Prop along with the UMX P-47 "Cup" Spinner also simply looks great on this plane.

Parkzone UM T-28 (2S Brushless) "Achilles" - GWS 5030 3-Blade Prop Flight (5 min 7 sec)

I ordered the GWS 5030 3-Bladed Prop here: http://gwsprops.com/3_blade_props.htm

I painted the tips of the GWS 5030 3-Blade Prop using Testors Model Master Acryl RAF Sky Type "S", an off-white color that matches the UMX P-47 "Cup" Spinner. Then I dynamically balanced the Prop and Spinner until all that could be heard was a "turbine" - like hum of the motor.. the result of a perfectly balanced prop.

Anyone currently using a GWS 5030 Prop flying a model that looks more appropriate with a 3-Bladed version should consider using this Prop. More power, speed, throttle control, and great looks, all in one Prop upgrade.

Aircraft: Parkzone UM T-28 Trojan (2S Brushless) "Achilles"
Motor: Eflite 2500KV Brushless 180 Motor
Module: UMX Beast 3D AS3X Receiver
Motor Mount: UMX Beast 3D
Adapter: UMX Carbon Cub SS (Long)
Prop: GWS 5030 3-Blade Prop
Spinner: UMX P-47 "Cup" Spinner

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6
Lipo: Eflite 2S 200mAh 30C
Timer: 6 Minutes

Thanks Mike, aka "Deuces Wild" for taking the video footage on my iPhone 6!

Thanks for watching and please hit the Like Button if you enjoyed the video!
Last edited by Blaze0021; Oct 19, 2015 at 09:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply