Cartoon Corsair - Page 7 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 20, 2016, 05:43 PM
RC 4 Life

Scoops

You can't build a corsair without the wing scoops.
They set this plane apart from the rest as much as the gull wing does. There is not a left and right in the kit so the intercooler inlets are not scale this is to say the inboard round inlets are not part of the detail.

Start with trimming off the sides of the part to make cutting easier and to start the fitting work.
Cut the inboard side as close as you can so the scoop mounts as close to the fuselage.
Test fit the scoop to the wing so you can mark the gear strut location.
You may have to notch the bottom of the leading for a snug fit.
Apply spray 77 contact cement or gorilla glue to bond the scoop in place.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2016, 06:55 PM
RC 4 Life

Paint

I like Tanaya paint. I know the label has acetone on it but it must be just a drop because it will not harm the foam and sticks well to the plastic.

One little can will cover the whole plane and have enough left over for touch up work.
( good pigment content )

One word of caution though, insignia blue blushes when there is allot of moisture in the air.

I learned about this when I painted the Cartoon Hellcat , there must have been 6 different shades of blue when it dried.
All I could do is wait for a dry day and apply another coat
Mar 27, 2016, 06:57 PM
RC 4 Life
I don't know about you but this is where Cartoon modeling gets fun. Don't be afraid to express yourself;
Giant stars and bars , Giant invasion stripes, oversized guns , monster bombs ,markings of any kind will not be criticized.

If anybody has anything to say about your markings not being "scale" just laugh and point out that there is a dog flying the plane.

About the dogs , You may want a Jack in The Box head or some other pilot your kid has thrown away .
We all have cool figures we wish we could use but just don't have the right plane to put them in. Just make sure they are light weight!
Jul 21, 2016, 06:41 PM

Fuselage plans/outlines

I would love to build this! I downloaded the pdfs for the wing but I don't see any files for the plans/ outlines for the rest of the plane. Do you make those available?
Jul 22, 2016, 08:43 AM
RC Adddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by whistlngnthedark
I would love to build this! I downloaded the pdfs for the wing but I don't see any files for the plans/ outlines for the rest of the plane. Do you make those available?
You need to buy the plastic kit from Keith to build this as the fuselage is designed around it so posting the plans would be useless without the kit .

http://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/in...roducts_id=726
Jul 22, 2016, 03:47 PM
RC 4 Life
I posted the wing because the corsair is more difficult to build than the rest of the models.
The idea was that you could take a shot at it without ordering the kit.
If you are happy with the wing you made the rest would be down hill.
Mar 31, 2017, 06:57 AM
RC 4 Life
OK let me wrap this one up
You guys have helped a bunch keeping these threads alive.
Normally, after the paint goes on the plane the thread starts to die.
Post your questions here or any changes you made to the design, I'd like to see what you came up with.
Apr 04, 2017, 07:41 PM
Watt Waster
Oh, I must remember to post pictures when I get back to it.
Latest blog entry: Center of Gravity - Airplanes
Apr 05, 2017, 01:11 PM
RC 4 Life
Any kind of a thread bump would help to keep the design alive.
Part of the reason the cost is down there is i dont run adds..
Apr 10, 2017, 02:16 PM
Watt Waster

No adds - Nice planes

I can understand the need to avoid the extra cost of advertisement. I hope you can go to RC airplane shows and demonstrate this and the other nice creations you have.
Apr 16, 2017, 11:06 AM
hi sparks
Do you have anymore cartoon designs coming out soon?

will
Apr 16, 2017, 01:18 PM
RC 4 Life
I have an A-10 drawn up but the cartoon plane sales has dropped off because its hard to find 3mm foam.
I'm working with a guy now that wants to fill the void but its been a few weeks since we have been in contact.
I think he is pricing boxes and exploring what sized he intends to sell.
Apr 20, 2017, 07:53 PM
Watt Waster

3 mm Foam Board and Cartoon Flyers

I know what you mean about the sources of 3 mm foam board having taken a new road. I still use the old dinosaur foam board, often called Blu-core by Dow since I bought more than a few packs when it was still easy to get and I have a small collection of Dollar Tree foam board I like to remove the paper from before using. Since I can cold roll either type easy enough (as shown in Youtube videos) and really, really like the build-over plug and frame construction method (have Youtube video on this too), I am thinking of making a video in the future showing how any of Sparks cartoon flyers can be made, but I am thinking I may go a tad bigger. Primarily because I think bigger fly's better in wind, which we normally have lots of. Now if I could just get the concrete pads done and get the new work-shed moved so I can start setting up my RC working space.
Apr 22, 2017, 01:44 AM
hi sparks
Do to hear you doing a A-10 love the bird.

will
Apr 24, 2017, 07:11 PM
RC 4 Life
Way back burner.
The cartoon planes do great as long as I keep the threads bumped.
I hoped others would carry the threads on so I could work other projects.
Selfish I suppose ; wanting others to do my promotion work.