Jul 22, 2016, 01:47 PM
BTW, which way are the lenses suppose to be installed, Convex on the screen side or opening side?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2016, 02:11 PM
Chksix RC on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPoonga
BTW, which way are the lenses suppose to be installed, Convex on the screen side or opening side?
Convex is screen side, flat on your side.
Jul 22, 2016, 02:13 PM
Ok, I was doing it right. I spent another hour and I could not get the friction fit to work. I found a place I can get the 3D printed bracket made.
Jul 23, 2016, 03:52 PM
see my review for Quanum Goggle
Rho lens in Quanum Goggle
Aug 02, 2016, 03:13 AM

High-Tech Optics for the HeadPlay HD FPV goggle

Just got this from RHO on for some new lenses and holders for the Headplays.
Its on the crowd funding site indiegogo. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/h...d-fpv-goggle#/
Got some good perks if they get the funding and money back if they dont get enough funds.
Worth a looky.
Aug 04, 2016, 05:01 PM

RHO-Lens HPRO - High-Tech Optics for the Headplay HD

Hi,
my name is Ralf Homering. Last year I invented the RHO-Lens, which drastically improves the optics of the Headplay HD. Then me and my team developed prescription lenses for all Fatsharks. We listened carefully to our customers. And due to the overwhelming success of these products we decided to design a pro version for the Headplay, called HPRO, with a bunch of new features. Such as improved clarity and sharpness, easier installation, dustproofed, improved robustness, improved focus point, improved FOV and optional prescription lenses – to just mention a few.

If you are interested to read more and to get the first RHO-Lens HPRO with up to 43 % discount, then please take a look at our crowd funding campaign at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/h...d-fpv-goggle#/

Please take a look at our site (under construction) http://www.rho-lens.com and our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RHO2Lens.

If you have any question about the HPRO, please post them on our Indiegogo page and we’ll do our best to answer a soon as possible.
Thanks,
Ralf
Last edited by Ralf H; Aug 04, 2016 at 05:06 PM.
Sep 03, 2016, 09:00 PM
Currently I'm using 3.25 strength reading glasses to ensure the image is as in focus and crisp as possible. Will your RHO lenses allow this level of magnification?
Nov 30, 2016, 06:10 AM
Has anyone already tested their new RHO Pro lens for the Headplay ?

RHO LENS HPRO "unboxing" (4 min 30 sec)
Dec 05, 2016, 10:56 PM
FPV ADDICTED
I fitted my new RHO lens today.
I find the lenses are too small and the frame gets in the way of my vision causing a focus imbalance, its very annoying.
I have tried moving the frame closer to my eyes but then the headplay case won't close up properly, I also find the fov a bit to small when using 4:3 .
I personally prefer the older style.
Dec 06, 2016, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossbow
I fitted my new RHO lens today.
I find the lenses are too small and the frame gets in the way of my vision causing a focus imbalance, its very annoying.
I have tried moving the frame closer to my eyes but then the headplay case won't close up properly, I also find the fov a bit to small when using 4:3 .
I personally prefer the older style.
RHO pro with plastic frame or RHO original ?
Dec 06, 2016, 04:21 AM
FPV ADDICTED
Quote:
Originally Posted by reznikvova
RHO pro with plastic frame or RHO original ?
Yes the RHO with the plastic frame, HPRO
Jan 26, 2017, 06:54 PM
I have a set of head plays I can't use because I need to pull them away from my face almost 2" to focus comfortably. I've tried different lenses and I've tried my prescription glasses and they all make the situation worse.

FWIW I see up close without corrective lenses fine. I need glasses for far away only. I'm wondering if a form of this lens will help me?
Jan 27, 2017, 01:23 AM
With the stock fresnel lenses the focal distance is about 7-8 inches away from your eyeballs.
With the RHO lenses it's about 16 inches out.
Have to decide for yourself if the latter is likely to be a better match to your eyes. It was for me.
I am near sighted (need glasses for distance), but also have presbyopia which means my eyes
won't focus extremely close any more (goes out of focus closer than about 9 inches).
or me, 16 inches out is about the sweet spot so these works great. That said, I still use my
FS goggles for most piloting, and the Headplays get used more by passengers, for which
these lenses seem to work fairly well for most people, and can still wear glasses behind
them. My dad is far sighted, and we could never find reading glasses strong enough to
work with the stock lenses, but he does ok with these.
Jan 27, 2017, 03:20 PM
It sounds like your eyes are very similar to mine. I too use my FS goggles for almost all my piloting but now that I have to send them out for repair I'm getting around to dealing with this product I had as back up and for passengers.

Thank you for the reply It helps a lot

Quick Reply