Apr 04, 2016, 02:47 PM
I don't write a lot of reviews, but feel compelled to say something about RHO Lenses for Headplay. After all the hype around the HeadPlay, I was disappointed when I received my Headplays as I found the image to be slightly too large and certainly very difficult to focus on, particularly at the edges. I realized of course that the problem was primarily due to my old eyes and not being able to see clearly at short distances and simply not being able to strain enough to work out the distortion and fuzziness created by the huge field of view. I tried using reading glasses with the Headplay, but the solution was clumsy and I could not see the full field of view through my reading glasses. I ordered RHO Lenses without doing much research simply because the Headplays were basically unusable to me without doing something. The RHO Lens has made an unbelievable difference for me. The Headplays now exceed their hype! The image is spectacularly clear through the RHO lenses. So clear in fact I can see each individual pixel. Incredible improvement given my old eyes. In addition to a purely more crisp and clear lens, the focal distance is moved out considerably. It is much more comfortable for me to see - no eyestrain across the entire field of view. Another interesting side effect is no motion sickness. I used to fly with traditional goggles and admit after a few flights I always felt queasy. This has not happened with the Headplay+RHO Lenses. I suspect that the significantly lower eyestrain even compared to goggles is a significant factor in contributing to queasiness I previously felt with traditional goggles. Headplays are an incredible product and for me, RHO Lenses have allowed them to exceed the hype in terms of visual clarity and effectiveness for my older eyes.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2016, 07:33 AM
LIONDOG don't be surprised if that queasy feeling happens again. I experienced the same thing a couple days ago. But not because of eye strain. It was because I was having so much damn fun "yanking and banking" through the trees I got a little carried away. The detail is so clear now it's much more immersive for me. Especially for an acro mini quad. Although if you normally fly at a higher altitude it may not happen again.

I'm glad to hear others are having success with the RHO-LENS. The Headplays were disappointing out of the box. Now my fpv experience is a kick in the ass! I'll get over the motion sickness the more I fly.
Apr 07, 2016, 07:50 AM
Got my headplays a few months ago but we moved house and our workshop is not complete yet so I have not had time to try them out yet and I too have the RHO lenses as I am short sighted so sounds like its going to be a positive experience then ?

Apr 08, 2016, 11:05 PM
My lens looks just like tronaton picture and trying to find out if other people have had the problem with the gap at the nose piece, I tried my reading glasses on after I put the RHO lens in but maybe I should have tried my reading glasses before I removed the original lens first but since I have it now hate to remove it if someone has tried reading glasses first and find they work alright and better then the RHO lens since the gap is very noticeable when wearing them and with the line down the middle also is very distracting..here is a picture of mine which not sure if they should be mounted this way...any input would be appreciated.
Apr 08, 2016, 11:42 PM
Have you flown with it yet? The nose gap is mostly only distracting with HD test feeds, and you don't notice it in the air, even flying my P3P. Can also try moving the lens closer to your eyes.
Apr 10, 2016, 01:48 AM
It honestly sounds like you don't have it installed close enough to your face. The top of my rho lenses are in front of where the head strap inserts in the top. When I'm wearing them I don't see the split in the lenses or the gap over my nose.
Apr 10, 2016, 05:01 PM
Looks like they need to be Closer to your face, had to adjust mine a few times.
Apr 15, 2016, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONDOG
I don't write a lot of reviews, but feel compelled to say something about RHO Lenses for Headplay. After all the hype around the HeadPlay, I was disappointed when I received my Headplays as I found the image to be slightly too large and certainly very difficult to focus on, particularly at the edges. I realized of course that the problem was primarily due to my old eyes and not being able to see clearly at short distances and simply not being able to strain enough to work out the distortion and fuzziness created by the huge field of view. I tried using reading glasses with the Headplay, but the solution was clumsy and I could not see the full field of view through my reading glasses. I ordered RHO Lenses without doing much research simply because the Headplays were basically unusable to me without doing something. The RHO Lens has made an unbelievable difference for me. The Headplays now exceed their hype! The image is spectacularly clear through the RHO lenses. So clear in fact I can see each individual pixel. Incredible improvement given my old eyes. In addition to a purely more crisp and clear lens, the focal distance is moved out considerably. It is much more comfortable for me to see - no eyestrain across the entire field of view. Another interesting side effect is no motion sickness. I used to fly with traditional goggles and admit after a few flights I always felt queasy. This has not happened with the Headplay+RHO Lenses. I suspect that the significantly lower eyestrain even compared to goggles is a significant factor in contributing to queasiness I previously felt with traditional goggles. Headplays are an incredible product and for me, RHO Lenses have allowed them to exceed the hype in terms of visual clarity and effectiveness for my older eyes.
I'm in the same boat, the old eyes need some help! Thanks for sharing your experience.
May 26, 2016, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONDOG
do you wear still your own glasses or do you take them off when putting the goggle on your head?
May 27, 2016, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies
do you wear still your own glasses or do you take them off when putting the goggle on your head?
i think a lot depends on what type of sight problem you have as to whether you can get away with not wearing them, im short sighted and can get away with not having my glasses on, and it also depends how big your frmaes are etc etc
May 28, 2016, 12:14 PM
I really want to like these but I am finding out
1) very difficult to install.
2) I have to use my glasses where as with stock I don't have. Stock focuses the image better for a near sighted person like me.

One number 1. I have just spent an hour trying to install these. Either I put them in too far and they fall out or they are too close and touch my glasses. I might be an oddball where this product doesn't work with my head shape.

I just saw that 3d printed bracket. I will have to see if I can find a 3d printer.
Last edited by SirPoonga; May 28, 2016 at 12:42 PM.
Jun 04, 2016, 12:13 PM
we dont NEED roads!
I never had a chance to try mine

While trying to install them, they broke in half.
Last edited by AcroFPV; Jun 04, 2016 at 12:22 PM.
Jun 04, 2016, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroFPV
I never had a chance to try mine

While trying to install them, they broke in half.
return them for a new pair
Jun 05, 2016, 11:12 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrophantom
return them for a new pair
Yeah I emailed them and sent a photo, they replied pretty quickly and said they would send a replacement lens.
Jun 06, 2016, 05:15 AM
One thing I noticed, the yellow lens cleaning cloth is rubbish
It has lots of yellow fluff that comes off from the fraying edges. If you use it after the lens installation it will into the cavity where the monitor is... A real pain to clean up. Don't ask me how I know!