Dec 30, 2015, 01:00 PM
Dang Gravity!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D
Thanks for the input. Your probably right, don't mess with it if it ain't broke.
I'm following this thread for information, the picture seems good to me now stock, but I know my vision isn't what it used to be. If I can ever get to the point where I don't "need" a new frame, motors, etc I plan to pick this up.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2016, 04:54 PM
HI, few month agoI received my RHO LENS set but still not installed.

Not clear how to install and instruction not clear. The optics fall in or out the box (headplay) and not securly tighten.
Why is there NO COLOR picture or schema of rho - lens instal process.
I find this really strange - choosing good optics (however that could be thinner) - paying some google ads and NOT making a clear instruction or video install tutorial or schema >>> please have a look on a ikea manual and compare it to the little black and whith provided !

It's probably the reason why no more pepole use it - Not clear at all.

From my optician point of view (I'm an optician) , I'm sure and know that optics and coating Ralph choose are good and it will improve quality but what a pain to install without instruction.

For sure, a solution must be find to be a really great add on to our headplay HD.
1/ to install it securely without destroying our headplay
2/ 'close the box' outside the lens to avoid dust on screen.

Thanks Ralph for this potentially great Add On but please do something to finish it ....
Last edited by macfly1202; Jan 08, 2016 at 05:00 PM. Reason: grammar error
Jan 16, 2016, 10:06 PM
i have order this lens to ralf via webpage but didnt get an asnwer, hope ralf respond. i order them with tracking
Jan 18, 2016, 08:30 PM
Fast sticks quick crash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfly1202
HI, few month agoI received my RHO LENS set but still not installed.

Not clear how to install and instruction not clear. The optics fall in or out the box (headplay) and not securly tighten.
Why is there NO COLOR picture or schema of rho - lens instal process.
I find this really strange - choosing good optics (however that could be thinner) - paying some google ads and NOT making a clear instruction or video install tutorial or schema >>> please have a look on a ikea manual and compare it to the little black and whith provided !

It's probably the reason why no more pepole use it - Not clear at all.

From my optician point of view (I'm an optician) , I'm sure and know that optics and coating Ralph choose are good and it will improve quality but what a pain to install without instruction.

For sure, a solution must be find to be a really great add on to our headplay HD.
1/ to install it securely without destroying our headplay
2/ 'close the box' outside the lens to avoid dust on screen.

Thanks Ralph for this potentially great Add On but please do something to finish it ....
I have just ordered my Headplays and RHO lens, no chance yet to install but I am pretty certain I know what is needed based on info in the few threads here on RCG regarding the Headplays. One of the admins or memebers here on RCG, Jim, put together a Youtube.com video detailing a little better the RHO lens install. I will link it below.

1) Remove the four screws holding the two halves of the Headplay together. Be careful of the monitor at the back of the frames and do not let that fall out and hit your work surface.

2) Remove the Fresnel lens.

3) Use the dust cloth included with the RHO lens to clean any dust out of the inside of the two halves of the frame and the video monitor. Something to do while you have the headset apart.

4) Replace the two halves of the frame back together but only put a couple turns on each screw so that they do not fall out but are held in place but not tightened down. This will allow you to separate the end your face sits against and where the RHO lens needs to be installed into.

5) The RHO Lens is inserted into the frame from the same place your face is inserted. It appears the lens has a flat side and a curved side, the curved side faces the video monitor (my guessing based on some mediocre photos if some one could confirm?). You want the screws holding the frames together to be just tight enough to create friction on the lens so that it does not just fall over when you place it into the frame, but not so tight that you have to force it into position. From all accounts you are trying to get the lens as close to your nose with out actually making contact with it. Once it is in a comfortable position tighten down the four set screws and enjoy. The RHO lens is just wedged into the top and bottom plate with friction. I am guessing the lens is just slightly bigger than the opening at the back of the Headplays. If I have this wrong I am sure many will point it out to me

Here is the video Jim put up-

RHO Lens for HeadPlay FPV Unit - RCGroups Review (10 min 21 sec)
Feb 02, 2016, 07:19 PM
DesertEagle
Got mine and got them installed and

WOW!!
Feb 04, 2016, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserteagle
Got mine and got them installed and

WOW!!
lol is that a good wow or a bad wow eagle
Feb 04, 2016, 01:49 PM
DesertEagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrophantom
lol is that a good wow or a bad wow eagle
LOL a good one! I can see said the blind man....
Feb 04, 2016, 07:10 PM
Tip we have 3 people in are club that have Head Plays and these lens DO NOT help at all if you need glasses!
They do work better compared to the plastic lens that come with Head Play goggles.
So, I'm told you will still need glasses ..
DanT
PS: one of these guys is a ( optometrists and need glasses .. )
Last edited by DanT; Feb 04, 2016 at 07:17 PM.
Feb 04, 2016, 08:12 PM
DesertEagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT
Tip we have 3 people in are club that have Head Plays and these lens DO NOT help at all if you need glasses!
They do work better compared to the plastic lens that come with Head Play goggles.
So, I'm told you will still need glasses ..
DanT
PS: one of these guys is a ( optometrists and need glasses .. )
I don't need glasses but I did need reading glasses before and now I don't. I think this product was made for those the may have been using reading glasses to clear the screen up not a replacement for prescription lenses. For me I really is perfect but everyone's eyes are different.
Feb 04, 2016, 09:16 PM
Ya, these won't do anything at all for those who need a prescription for near-sightedness.
In fact, the stock lenses should work better for that.
These help those who are either mildly far sighted or have presbyopia (inability to
focus really close) which happens to most of us as we age. If you need something like +3 or more
reading glasses, good chance you'll still need some correction even with these lenses.

My dad is so far sighted that we couldn't find strong enough reading glasses to work
behind the stock lens, but we did find a mild correction that works behind the RHO lenses.
Feb 05, 2016, 01:08 AM
I just installed my lens and they work perfect. I am near sighted and I use contacts to correct for that, I could use the hp stock if I took my contacts out. I also use reading glasses for reading with the contacts. so far this is a great product.
Feb 06, 2016, 02:25 PM
FAA is Sofa King We Todd Did
I went ahead and ordered these. I've got my new Headplays and they are a bit blurry due to the fact I am over 40 and need +150 reading glasses.

Hoping they arrive soon!
Feb 12, 2016, 05:43 PM
I'm in just ordered a set.
Feb 28, 2016, 06:50 AM
I am also very interested in this lens.

In the description on the homepage is written that you should use this lens when you are older than 35 years. My question is: Is there any disandvantage if I'm under 35 years and buy this lens?
Am I still able to focus correctly?

As I understand it, the picture is a bit smaller than the standard lens (even than the original one that already produces a smaller picture?)?

When I use the 3d printed holder I just have to insert the lens into the holder and the holder unto the place where the old Headplay HD lens was installed?
Apr 01, 2016, 08:41 PM
Just got mine today. As others have said WOW! I had to use little cheater glasses before. My eyes just aren't what they used to be. I was afraid even these RHO-LENS lenses weren't going to have enough magnification. But they work awesome! Image has much more detail. This time of year the tree branches don't have leaves yet. The RHO-LENS lens really help me see the branches and makes flying around them a hell of a lot more fun. Bottom line- if you have to stuff glasses in the foam of your Headplay HDs to get your eyes to focus on the screen get these things!

Quick Reply