Thread Tools
Dec 01, 2015, 02:29 PM
Registered User
Did you guys get a confirmation email from Ralf when you ordered the lens?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2015, 07:00 AM
Registered User
jhan1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bergman
Did you guys get a confirmation email from Ralf when you ordered the lens?
No but it arrived quickly.
Dec 02, 2015, 07:55 AM
Registered User
Thanks!
Dec 02, 2015, 04:44 PM
Registered User
Just got an email fro Ralf. He will be sending it soon !
Dec 03, 2015, 12:37 AM
dragon trainer
tronaton's Avatar
Thread OP
sweet
Im still enjoying my lenses,
I took my headplays apart to clean the inside and the lenses recently.
I found that using 2 small strips of double back tape on the flat edges at the ends of the nose bridge hold the lenses upright and in place.
This makes taking them apart again in the future easier because the lens sits upright and stuck to the bottom 1/2 of the head plays.
Dec 04, 2015, 08:18 PM
Dang Gravity!
Astom22's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tronaton
sweet
Im still enjoying my lenses,
I took my headplays apart to clean the inside and the lenses recently.
I found that using 2 small strips of double back tape on the flat edges at the ends of the nose bridge hold the lenses upright and in place.
This makes taking them apart again in the future easier because the lens sits upright and stuck to the bottom 1/2 of the head plays.
Can you take some pictures of this setup? Thanks
Dec 04, 2015, 10:07 PM
dragon trainer
tronaton's Avatar
Thread OP
http://rho-lens.com/onewebstatic/9d5...f-CIMG4240.JPG

In that pic...
Imagine you plan to stick the lens to the floor its sitting on.
Thats where you stick the 2 thin strips of double back mounting tape.
The rest is described in the beginning of the thread.
Just install the same way yet with the tape on the bottom.
Its just there to hold the lens upright when removing the top 1/2 of the head plays for maintenance.
Dec 05, 2015, 12:53 PM
Dang Gravity!
Astom22's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tronaton
http://rho-lens.com/onewebstatic/9d5...f-CIMG4240.JPG

In that pic...
Imagine you plan to stick the lens to the floor its sitting on.
Thats where you stick the 2 thin strips of double back mounting tape.
The rest is described in the beginning of the thread.
Just install the same way yet with the tape on the bottom.
Its just there to hold the lens upright when removing the top 1/2 of the head plays for maintenance.
So when you are flying with them, they are like glasses, you don't notice the lenses unless you look to extremes, right?
Dec 05, 2015, 01:55 PM
dragon trainer
tronaton's Avatar
Thread OP
right.
Dec 05, 2015, 02:07 PM
Registered User
jhan1's Avatar
Oh Magoo, You've Done It Again! (0 min 5 sec)
Dec 05, 2015, 02:21 PM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
The problem I have is that there's a pretty significant gap between the bottom of the RHO
lenses and the top of the nose piece, through which you can see the LCD screen directly.
Trying to bring the RHO lens any closer to the eyes just puts its rather sharp bottom edge
in contact with my nose, so that's not an option. I like them in all other respects, but it's
distracting and if there's OSD text along the bottom of the screen (such
as when flying a Phantom 3 Pro), you definitely notice it.
Dec 05, 2015, 06:37 PM
Dang Gravity!
Astom22's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
The problem I have is that there's a pretty significant gap between the bottom of the RHO
lenses and the top of the nose piece, through which you can see the LCD screen directly.
Trying to bring the RHO lens any closer to the eyes just puts its rather sharp bottom edge
in contact with my nose, so that's not an option. I like them in all other respects, but it's
distracting and if there's OSD text along the bottom of the screen (such
as when flying a Phantom 3 Pro), you definitely notice it.
Could you just fill the gap with some black foam to block the light or would that also block what you are trying to see? Sorry for all the questions, I'm thinking of ordering the lenses, but just trying to get the best idea of how they will work before I order.

Thanks
Dec 11, 2015, 08:36 PM
Registered User

Headplay RHO-Lens Holder


Hi,

I just got my RHO-Lens for my headplay which is a lifesaver! I can now see the screen.

The only thing was that I couldn't get the lens in without getting finger marks on the lens. So I came up with a lens holder for the RHO-Lens.

Here is the link: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1193700
Last edited by AirMongrel; Dec 11, 2015 at 08:54 PM.
Dec 11, 2015, 09:26 PM
Registered User
Impact RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirMongrel
Hi,

I just got my RHO-Lens for my headplay which is a lifesaver! I can now see the screen.

The only thing was that I couldn't get the lens in without getting finger marks on the lens. So I came up with a lens holder for the RHO-Lens.

Here is the link: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1193700
Very cool. Can you explain to me what the four "legs" on the holder are for exactly? I am expecting the RHO lenses any day now and this looks like a good solution.

Nevermind. I get it now. Cool design. I am going to print it now. Thanks for sharing man.
Dec 11, 2015, 09:31 PM
Registered User
Impact RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirMongrel
Hi,

I just got my RHO-Lens for my headplay which is a lifesaver! I can now see the screen.

The only thing was that I couldn't get the lens in without getting finger marks on the lens. So I came up with a lens holder for the RHO-Lens.

Here is the link: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1193700
Does your holder do anything to address the issue Daemon mentioned above about the gap between the lenses and the nosepiece, and being able to see the lcd screen directly?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools