Thread Tools
Nov 02, 2015, 11:17 PM
You can't take the sky from me
tinman215's Avatar
So, I have a question...

Are these supposed to be a single piece?

If they are, mine arrived broken.

The packaging was not enough for the travel through the postal systems.

Very disappointed.

Tinman
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2015, 11:41 PM
dragon trainer
tronaton's Avatar
Thread OP

no good
Nov 03, 2015, 10:39 PM
Registered User
Tinman same happened to me, it arrived in two pieces.
I email Ralf and he was sending another, great service .
For me its still a quality product even though it didn't survive the postie truck.
Nov 04, 2015, 11:49 AM
You can't take the sky from me
tinman215's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robonz
Tinman same happened to me, it arrived in two pieces.
I email Ralf and he was sending another, great service .
For me its still a quality product even though it didn't survive the postie truck.
I totally agree. The quality of the lens is great.

The packaging could not withstand the trip. See the attached pix.

Ralf is sending me another one too. He's a great guy, no doubt.

Tinman
Nov 04, 2015, 12:16 PM
Registered User
Backyard's Avatar
The weak center joint is concerning but solvable (maybe V2?). Need more reviews on performance and results though.

My screen comes into perfect focus if I use +2.5 readers or view the screen 2-3 inches back from the foam. Will I be happy with this lens?
Nov 04, 2015, 12:32 PM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Why not just glue em back together? The vendor should be able to tell you what type of adhesive he used.
Nov 04, 2015, 05:23 PM
Ralf H's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
Why not just glue em back together? The vendor should be able to tell you what type of adhesive he used.
It is not so easy to glue this small joint. Especially if you have to remove the old glue. I now use Lensbond which is the best glue on the market with 8 patents. 5 Gramm cost more than one RHO-Lens. The best is to just wait for the new lens to arrive.

BTW: Since a week a use a super strong box which should survive even the US postal system ;-)
Nov 04, 2015, 09:32 PM
dragon trainer
tronaton's Avatar
Thread OP
a metal box then?
Nov 05, 2015, 01:25 PM
Registered User
jhan1's Avatar
Mine came in one piece but they split when i installed them. Totally my fault. Got them put in with some 2 sided tape top and bottom and aligned good. Much Much Much better than the stock lenses...for my eyesight anyways
Nov 05, 2015, 02:59 PM
Registered User
I am on my 3rd one. The first 2 arrived broken in the mail. But replaced for free. Hope this one lasts!
Nov 06, 2015, 03:11 AM
Chksix RC on YouTube
Surgi's Avatar
Is this the only viable option for the Headplay HD at the moment? Are there no other aftermarket lenses available that are a one piece design and locally available in the US? I am extremely disappointed by the blurry image on the HP's (I'm 42) while flying FPV. My Attitude V2's are much better than this.

The reason I ask is that I'd prefer not to wait for weeks at a time for a lens (or replacement) that could split during shipping or the installation process.

Someone should consider being a reseller for the lenses here in the US.
Last edited by Surgi; Nov 06, 2015 at 03:53 AM.
Nov 06, 2015, 11:18 AM
You can't take the sky from me
tinman215's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgi
Is this the only viable option for the Headplay HD at the moment? Are there no other aftermarket lenses available that are a one piece design and locally available in the US? I am extremely disappointed by the blurry image on the HP's (I'm 42) while flying FPV. My Attitude V2's are much better than this.

The reason I ask is that I'd prefer not to wait for weeks at a time for a lens (or replacement) that could split during shipping or the installation process.

Someone should consider being a reseller for the lenses here in the US.
At this time, there is no one making lenses of ths quality in the US.

Ralf advised that he is using a much stronger shipping box on all future orders. I'll let you know when I receive my replacements.

I can image that he would want to use a stronger box. Not only for his reputation, but it's costing him money.

All I can say is, in looking at them and trying them the best I can at this point, these are amazing and well worth the wait. Took about two weeks to receive them.

Thanks,
Tinman
Nov 07, 2015, 09:17 AM
dragon trainer
tronaton's Avatar
Thread OP
Im glad to see that others are enjoying there lenses as much as i am.
Ralph has got you covered!
Nov 23, 2015, 08:17 AM
Registered User
tinman215:
Have you received your replacement lens yet? If so, have you had a chance to fly with them to see how you like them?
I've been thinking of getting a set of hp's but have held off because of some of the problems older guys like me are having with focusing.
John
Nov 23, 2015, 04:28 PM
You can't take the sky from me
tinman215's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinbreak
tinman215:
Have you received your replacement lens yet? If so, have you had a chance to fly with them to see how you like them?
I've been thinking of getting a set of hp's but have held off because of some of the problems older guys like me are having with focusing.
John
I got mine. The new shipping packaging is great.

Haven't flown yet... running a man down at work and the rest of us have to take up the slack.

With the coming holiday, I'm hoping for some me time on Friday.

I'll post when I have some news.

Tinman


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools