Thread Tools
Sep 20, 2019, 08:29 PM
KC5UH transmits -------->
ham2405's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncow
Hello
how do you manage to get out the Li-Po Battery 7.4V 1300mAh out of the standard remote(H901A)? It is really a lot of pain and I struggle for half an hour each time, when I want to take it out for charging. The JST RCY connector fits very tight and there is not enough place to catch it with a good grip, it is very small and with a smooth surface. What kind of tool can I use, which will not damage the JST RCY connector?

And a second question - can I charge the Li-Po Battery 7.4V 1300mAh, while it is still being plugged with the JST RCY connector inside the remote (Of course the remote itself will be turned off during the charging)?
The standard charger which comes with the quadcopter uses the balance plug of the battery for charging and the balance plug is not connected when the battery is plugged into the remote. However I wonder if I can do any electrical damage to the remote?
Yes, you can charge it in place with the balance connector IF you have a special balance connector charge cable. Buy or make one. No, I do not have a link where to buy because I made my own but I know others have found and bought them.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2019, 10:42 PM
GOT WINGS
siriusflier's Avatar
I use a needle nose pliers to get a grip on the JST plug to plug it in or unplug it. I think you would be safe charging the remote battery using the balance plug with the JST plug still plugged in as long as the switch on the remote is turned off. With the switch off the charger current can not connect with anything past the switch(simple electrical rule). I actually think the stock charger is designed for that.
Sep 21, 2019, 11:34 AM
Registered User

Charge remote battery


Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncow
Hello
how do you manage to get out the Li-Po Battery 7.4V 1300mAh out of the standard remote(H901A)? It is really a lot of pain and I struggle for half an hour each time, when I want to take it out for charging. The JST RCY connector fits very tight and there is not enough place to catch it with a good grip, it is very small and with a smooth surface. What kind of tool can I use, which will not damage the JST RCY connector?

And a second question - can I charge the Li-Po Battery 7.4V 1300mAh, while it is still being plugged with the JST RCY connector inside the remote (Of course the remote itself will be turned off during the charging)?
The standard charger which comes with the quadcopter uses the balance plug of the battery for charging and the balance plug is not connected when the battery is plugged into the remote. However I wonder if I can do any electrical damage to the remote?
Hi mooncow ,
How I do it:
1. Leave battery plug connected and connect to balance plug extension to connect to charger.
2. Do not disconnect or remove anything , no damages and do not have to fiddle with jst ever!
Oct 02, 2019, 04:10 AM
Registered User

Hubsan 501S PRO VERSION


Hi all, coming back over to Hubsan after a stint with a DJI Phantom. Got tired of the DJI virtually being a part owner of the device. Looking at purchasing a 501S Pro version, with the better transmitter. Found one on Ebay from a US seller, for just under $300 AUD. Looks too good to be true, as even out of China, they are around the 400 mark. The seller is hubsanus. Just wondering if anyone has bought one from them? Any help would be great. Cheers. So
Oct 02, 2019, 08:29 AM
soar-ne
I have made 8 purchases from this EBay dealer in the last year and have had zero problems. Three quads, one controler and some props, batteries and small stuff. Free shipping and product was as advertised. I kindof think this dealer and HubsanUS are the same outfit. https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw...rone2017&rt=nc I am not affiliated in any way just a satisfied customer!!!!!!!!!!

Bob M.

He also has auction items and will take really good prices if you want to go that route...........
Oct 02, 2019, 09:35 AM
Registered User
John Luciano's Avatar
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hubsan-H501...959?nav=SEARCH
What’s this. Sounds fishy.
Oct 02, 2019, 10:16 AM
Registered User
Bill0's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
I hope nobody falls for this. It's someone from china. I've reported him to ebay. He has told me he will stop doing this, but he just keeps it up and ebay does nothing. It's a fake thing.
Oct 02, 2019, 10:30 AM
soar-ne
Hey John It's one of those sneaky adds. It's for an battery in the ad. If you push the select button you get the quad prices. Happens all the time on Ebay. Have seen some where they picture a outdoor drone in the ad and when you push buy now button there is a picture of a small indoor quad. You know the old saying if it looks too good to be true, it probably is!!!

Bob M
Oct 02, 2019, 10:41 AM
Registered User
John Luciano's Avatar
I forgot that. I got suckered in once. I did not even have drop down window.
Oct 02, 2019, 08:33 PM
KC5UH transmits -------->
ham2405's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by geobee
Hi all, coming back over to Hubsan after a stint with a DJI Phantom. Got tired of the DJI virtually being a part owner of the device. Looking at purchasing a 501S Pro version, with the better transmitter. Found one on Ebay from a US seller, for just under $300 AUD. Looks too good to be true, as even out of China, they are around the 400 mark. The seller is hubsanus. Just wondering if anyone has bought one from them? Any help would be great. Cheers. So
Both hubsanus and miflydrone2017 are good sites to buy from. $190US for the Pro w/ 3 batteries, so I guess that will be close to your AUD price. I have purchased from both of them many times over the last year. I got a Zino w/ 2nd battery from miflydrone2017 for a $225 offer on a, IIRC, $390 make offer listing! They did not put the extra battery in the box, but they shipped it when I pointed out the error.
Oct 03, 2019, 02:58 AM
Registered User
Many thanks to all, nice to get some positives in a world of shonkies. Cheers. Geoff
Oct 07, 2019, 07:01 AM
Registered User
John Luciano's Avatar
Got a problem. I had a bad landing with my 501. RTH was going to land on garage roof. I adjusted at last min and it fell off the roof.
I also swapped controller. The one I was using was loosing video after100 feet. So now the 501 won’t take off. Goes side ways. I did force a compass cal. How do I force a gyro cal ?
Oct 07, 2019, 09:57 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
Got a problem. I had a bad landing with my 501. RTH was going to land on garage roof. I adjusted at last min and it fell off the roof.
I also swapped controller. The one I was using was loosing video after100 feet. So now the 501 won’t take off. Goes side ways. I did force a compass cal. How do I force a gyro cal ?
This might help....
Oct 07, 2019, 11:12 AM
Registered User
John Luciano's Avatar
Thank you I think I need all that. Got this transmitter in a deal Tran with modified antennas , case for drone , 3 flight batteries. 2 extra tran batteries. , 6 props , spare body . All for $50 . I don’t know what mode it is in and how off it is. I’ll re cal everything. THANKS
Oct 07, 2019, 12:35 PM
Registered User
John Luciano's Avatar
Ok. I got all that to work. 501 still took off sideways. I switched back to original controller with bad FPV. Reception and internal antenna. The Quad takes off ok. So what can be wrong with transmitter ? And what the heck is an ENTER button. I don’t have one I guess.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools