Jun 12, 2018, 08:51 PM
KC5UH transmits -------->
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
????????? Without a GPS in the transmitter how does it know where that is? Is it going by the Follow Me info ? Never read anyplace saying Duel GPS . Must be something in the transmitter. I though FM was done like face recognition.
The H901A controller has the GPS module in the lower left corner when held normally. The picture is obviously reversed as it was taken from the back.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2018, 12:38 AM
My understanding is that if the Tx is switched off then RTH reverts to the takeoff position.

I have also tested Drone vs Tx GPS, and can get a few meters discrepancy when they are alongside each other.
Jun 13, 2018, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp Man
RTH is not a failsafe feature.
FAILSAFE includes failure of the operator, which includes failure of their bearings during FPV, Pure Laziness, and every other Failure Mode the operator.can get into.

Of course, I sometimes use it due to pure laziness too.
Jun 13, 2018, 02:44 AM
Yes, Phecda, you are right. Turning off the TX does RTH rather than RTT whatever firmware version you have because it invokes signal loss failsafe, which is to return to arm position. Before the hardware mod that can be done on the TX this was the way to change RTT to RTH if that was what you wanted (once RTT was introduced - previously RTH was the only option).
Jun 13, 2018, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phecda
FAILSAFE includes failure of the operator, which includes failure of their bearings during FPV, Pure Laziness, and every other Failure Mode the operator.can get into.

Of course, I sometimes use it due to pure laziness too.
I must be lucky because I have yet to fail. I still have every drone (over 50) I ever bought. Never lost one or destroyed one in a crash.

However, I must admit that I never the past I had occasion to make a forced landing or two.

No Mould Kings were harmed in the making this video. (5 min 1 sec)

Tarantula X6 hides in the grass (0 min 57 sec)
Last edited by Gimp Man; Jun 13, 2018 at 02:23 PM.
Jun 13, 2018, 03:01 PM
Same here. I have all 50. Have not lost any. Treed a few. Had fly always. Always found them.
Jun 13, 2018, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Same here. I have all 50. Have not lost any. Treed a few. Had fly always. Always found them.
Thatís why we are considered Jedi Masters amongst toy quadcopter pilots.
Jun 13, 2018, 04:22 PM
In Shenzhen no-one can hear you scream.
Sorry - as you were.
Jun 13, 2018, 06:01 PM

HUBSAN GPS WATCH HV002+ and GOGGLES and H501S with working telemetry

HUBSAN GPS WATCH an dHUBSAN HV002+ GOGGLES and H501S with working telemetry
Very very short video test:
HUBSAN GPS WATCH + FPV GOGGLES: TELEMETRY WORKING: H501S H501SS H501M H501A HT006 HV002+ (3 min 30 sec)
Jun 14, 2018, 05:22 PM

$145 hubsan full package $119 BNF at Amazon

Was just browsing. $145 full package 501s,,, not a crappy 501c!!!!

Sold by hubsan USA.. Amazon is fulfilling orders.. i ordered another as a present..Ive had mine 18 months will be here saturday / BNF in case you had a fly away is $119 I paid $229 long ago.

$145 full w transmitter here

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075JCSGX2...529010766&sr=1

$119 BNF here...No battery just drone

https://www.amazon.com/HUBSAN-H501S-...9BPHHXJBWBVQDV

in black

https://www.amazon.com/HUBSAN-H501SS...QW1H1PQ7X8YR32

No excuse not to buy one now!!!!!
Last edited by Tedinde; Jun 14, 2018 at 05:52 PM.
Jun 14, 2018, 06:46 PM

Faulty H501S out of the box?

Hi there,

Long time lurker here and finally pulled the trigger on the H501S. Unfortunately, it seems that I received a faulty unit so I thought I should post it here.

Upon receiving my H501S, I charged up the battery, calibrated the drone as per instructions and took it out for a spin.

So It has a hard time taking off, lifting on the right side first and then eventually taking off but drifting to the left like crazy. It was uncontrollable and there was no wind whatsoever. I managed to bring it up and hardly controling it for a little while but then it would just fly away to its left. I crashed it on the ground from 2-3 feet by cutting off the motors but two props broke already

I tried recalibration but same thing happens. Tried with the spare props, same thing.

Tried a firmware upgrade as found on Hubsan official website, but the same behaviour happens.

So Iím pretty sure that I received a faulty H501. Iím returning it for a new one (thanks to Amazon easy returns) and hopefully the new one wonít have this problem. I really hope I can enjoy this neat little toy!! It seemed so promising! :/
Jun 14, 2018, 07:34 PM
St. Augustine, FL
Sorry to hear your first experience was not a good one but I do think faulty units right out of the box are the exception rather than the rule with the current production. I trust you made sure the props were on the correct motors as there are "A" props for the "A" motors and "B" props for the "B" motors. 2 "A" and 2 "B" props on each drone. It is critical that the props are on correctly. The units that are being delivered these days should have the latest firmware so there should have been no need to update firmware. When you get your next unit check what version firmware is on both the quad and transmitter before you do anything and test the motors without props installed before you attempt to fly. Actually there are quite a few things you can test before you even fly the thing.

Don't be a stranger, get back when you get your next one.
Jun 14, 2018, 07:56 PM
How can you put the wrong props on the wrong motor ???? Mine are spin on left hand and right hand threads ... Sounds like a bad compass calibration . Did all the props start at the same time?
Jun 14, 2018, 08:40 PM
St. Augustine, FL
Quote:
How can you put the wrong props on the wrong motor ???? Mine are spin on left hand and right hand threads ... Sounds like a bad compass calibration . Did all the props start at the same time?
Difficult ? Yes, Unlikely? Yes But I know it has been done. I agree it is likely some calibration is off.

The second 501S I purchased did something similar with first flight. It took off fine to about 5' but immediately started to drift and I could not correct it so considering I was on grass I just disarmed the thing with no problems. I proceeded to do every calibration there is and not just the compass calibration but the Horizontal and Rotational calibrations as described on page 17 of the Std. manual as well as the Transmitter Stick calibration and the thing has been solid as a rock ever since. If it had been my first H501S I probably would have been more freaked out but I knew it was likely a compass or calibration issue. Unfortunate to have a bad first experience.
Jun 14, 2018, 08:53 PM
St. Augustine, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedinde
Was just browsing. $145 full package 501s,,, not a crappy 501c!!!!

Sold by hubsan USA.. Amazon is fulfilling orders.. i ordered another as a present..Ive had mine 18 months will be here saturday / BNF in case you had a fly away is $119 I paid $229 long ago.

$145 full w transmitter here

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075JCSGX2...529010766&sr=1

$119 BNF here...No battery just drone

https://www.amazon.com/HUBSAN-H501S-...9BPHHXJBWBVQDV

in black

https://www.amazon.com/HUBSAN-H501SS...QW1H1PQ7X8YR32

No excuse not to buy one now!!!!!
Prices continue to drop. Ebay auctions with the Std. Transmitter regularly go for under $135. The other night one Std. Transmitter package went for $114.50 and the quad only are nightly going for under $100.

While Amazon fulfills the orders 2 of the Amazon links posted are actually being sold by Mifly Drone. This is the same seller as Miflydrone (Ebay ID) on Ebay. They sell a bunch of these. I have dealt with them before and they are very knowledgeable.

Quick Reply