Hubsan X4 H501S 5.8G, a micro brushless 5.8G/1080P FPV (under construction) - Page 1509 - RC Groups
Nov 14, 2017, 10:10 PM
I love the control I have over this drone.
Lee Canyon (4 min 4 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2017, 10:16 PM
The New DaVinci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMZILLA
Great I just bought a Pro version from BG for $235 Now there on sale for $216 on Fleabay. That's always my luck. The regular version is $172
The Pro Controller is worth it in my opinion.
Nov 15, 2017, 04:26 AM
Can you fly bobby?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW50
Dang MK! Very exceptional! Well done indeed.
Thanks Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by helibeli
You have an underslung battery like me,do you find it helps stability?Did you record the video on the onboard chip?Any signal degradation in the goggles? That's very impressive.
Stability is better yes so is the ability to be able to sink it faster. Sadly I had forgot to push the SD card into my fatsharks before I left so no on board. Here is a 4km video I did the other day captured DVR and included it in this video
Hubsan H501S-S - 4km - Long range FPV (8 min 38 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willkhlau
Amazing! Definitely a record!
May I know the AUW?
Thanks buddy and sure . Its 638g - mobius mini / 666g with mobius mini (I might add a gram)
Last edited by MK1G4V; Nov 15, 2017 at 04:33 AM.
Nov 15, 2017, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK1G4V
For your'e long range pleasure

264km FPV record (132km out and back) (1 hr 29 min 14 sec)

Don't forget what happened to Robbie Knowles
Probably better to make the videos unlisted or private.

The telemetry doesn't roll over beyond the 3k limit because the buffer will overflow. You need to rewrite the software to handle the overflow. Not difficult, but I don't expect Hubsan actually ever intended people to fly beyond that because of battery endurance.
Nov 15, 2017, 11:54 AM
WI, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox Pete
264km FPV record (132km out and back) (1 hr 29 min 14 sec)
Say that doesn't look like a Hubsan H501SS to me. I thought we were talking about Hubsan World Records? Anyway the all included FPV world record is over 40000km (sorry I can't show you the videos as they are classified). Anyway military drones can be flown and controlled from the other side of the globe.
Nov 15, 2017, 01:06 PM
Can you fly bobby?
Cheers Pete!

Anyway meanwhile....
Hubsan H501S-S - Long Range FPV - 6100m - (6.1km) - (World record distance?) (14 min 34 sec)
Nov 15, 2017, 01:09 PM
WI, USA
Geez MK! Just amazing!
Nov 15, 2017, 02:18 PM
MK, you birds fly,amazing
Nov 15, 2017, 03:15 PM

Aomway Diamond, good choice for H501SS transmitter?

Quote:
Stock antenna on the quad if you do not modify that is linear so a linear patch is recommended. Something else that might be counter productive is I think those small patches are like 5dbi therefore a reduction in range if anything .
@MK1G4V and other Hubsan H501S(S) flyers,

I donīt need more FPV-range but want a more stable and clear FPV-video signal. I found this Aomway Diamond directional antenna on Banggood and see good reviews about it on Banggood and youtube.

What do you think, will this be a good antenna for the Hubsan S and SS (replacement of standard SS antenna)?

Here is the link to the antenna: https://www.banggood.com/Aomway-5_8G...r_warehouse=CN

Thanks for your answer(s) and happy flying!
Nov 15, 2017, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Fantastic work. Really impressed. No other Hubsan has got even close!

What speed were you travelling outbound?

Any plans for manual mode soon?
Nov 15, 2017, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekol

I donīt need more FPV-range but want a more stable and clear FPV-video signal. I found this Aomway Diamond directional antenna on Banggood and see good reviews about it on Banggood and youtube.

What do you think, will this be a good antenna for the Hubsan S and SS (replacement of standard SS antenna)?

Here is the link to the antenna: https://www.banggood.com/Aomway-5_8G...r_warehouse=CN

I purchased this antenna for my 7" screen. The FPV image is crystal clear however I've only been out 250m with it. Hoping to do a range test soon with it. So I can confirm the this antenna is good at close range. Keep in mind patch antennas are direction so they used more for long distance than close proximity flying.
Nov 15, 2017, 03:40 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!

Stock Distance

Okay I'm as caught up as anyone in all of this increasingly huge RC distance competition BUT...what is the consensus on the distance of the totally STOCK advanced controller 501SS?
Nov 15, 2017, 03:55 PM
Can you fly bobby?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekol

I hear that is a fantastic antenna too . It's purpose is to be directional meaning you point it towards the quad. Mainly for range. You can fly behind yourself at close range sure but there would be better antennas for that.. "More stable and clear FPV image" Is difficult to try and understand your'e initial problem
Do you have a bad video feed at say 30m?

How far do you fly?
How high do you fly?
Do you fly with nothing between you and the model?
Do you fly behind stuff?

All of this will help choosing your'e ultimate antenna setup that is best suited to you
Nov 15, 2017, 04:03 PM
Can you fly bobby?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW50
Geez MK! Just amazing!
Thanks again Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudo
MK, you birds fly,amazing
Cheers buddy! This was a real enjoyable somewhat smooth uneventful flight and that's the ultimate goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuldan
Fantastic work. Really impressed. No other Hubsan has got even close!

What speed were you travelling outbound?

Any plans for manual mode soon?
No idea buddy I rarely glance at the transmitter after I got my goggles. I sort of know now what is happening on the telemetry feed by now.. It is VERY annoying to take a peak down and then feel comfortable again with goggles on your face you had to put back against your'e eyes in a hurry lol

I will be getting a second OSD and transmitting over a second 5.8ghz VTX in the future I don't like being without OSD in my goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010
Okay I'm as caught up as anyone in all of this increasingly huge RC distance competition BUT...what is the consensus on the distance of the totally STOCK advanced controller 501SS?
No competition here fella I seem to be the only one concerning myself with it.. And I am just having harmless fun floating about over miles of patchwork fields for no other reason than to see if I can...

Any transmitter with any antennas on any frequency will vary from person to person and flight area. Few pages back Pete did do some wizardry sums to give us both transmitter stock potential..
Nov 15, 2017, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010
As MK has stated, these are the sort of ball park figures you should expect form stock.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=22164

I've never tested beyond 2.5k for a stock, out of the box setup, due to battery endurance, and I like to leave a safe margin for return.
I know I was no where even close to what is possible.