Hubsan X4 H501S 5.8G, a micro brushless 5.8G/1080P FPV (under construction) - Page 1316 - RC Groups
Jul 17, 2017, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=teddybare;37925292]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2007
You're going to let a tree beat you? [/QUOTE

trouble is andrew i cant even see it, a few friends cant either ...its one of those spots heavy undergrowth end of a large playing field and like i said extremely tall tree ..if i could see it i may get my window cleaner Neighbours ladders out and risk life and limp (not worth it really) its defo one of those rescue by another quad thing, but i could try one of my built ones but its at a cost of losing that too...sigh
Call a tree trimmer, they will come get it out for under $50.
I read it about it on here a couple of times and then knew someone that had to get it done. They told him $50 to come get it today and $30 if they could wait 2 days for when they would already be in the area.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2017, 12:31 PM
WI, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddybare
fellas
i am sick to my stomach...was flying in altitude mode just before now i swear when the wind got a grip of it it didn't respond to my command landed in a tree and i mean a very very tall tree cant even see it, landed like a flop on the top and didn't cascade down,
it gone for good trust me.
what an experience , shortest ownership of a new quad in history,four days three flights.

is the 501c any better ?
Well if it makes you feel any better, my first one only lasted 90 seconds. Here's the story.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=15095

What I believed happened is the FC rebooted in the quad for some reason, thus you lose all control for a few seconds. But by then, it was too late with pieces flying all over the forest. It looked like a pinball machine bouncing from tree to tree. I rebuilt it and it never acted up ever again.

Someone else got a quad up a tree and he called a tree service to get it and it was only like $25. It might be worth a shot.

H501C? Same as the H501S without the VTX. Although one Hubsan engineer said the H501C has a stronger shell.
Jul 17, 2017, 12:39 PM
WI, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvhlaw
Bill - are you getting battery telemetry from the H501S on your H7000? Glad you like it!
No, the telemetry screen says battery is at 0%. But the Sunbird App does show the correct battery voltage. Same for you? And did you know the video window is movable and resizable?
Jul 17, 2017, 12:44 PM
WI, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide
Yep, it's a fine AP bird, but I'm not a big fan of DJI's customer service...at all! And I'm especially not hot to trot on the new GEOfencing they're using. Yuneec might be worthy of checking out. The trick is to buy used if you're looking at Phantoms, I think.
Yes, DJI is one of those companies you love to hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide
Bill, have you tried the ultra-affordable and fun XK251 or 252? I'm a big fan of XK products.
No, I never had the pleasure... time to check them out on youtube.
Jul 17, 2017, 12:47 PM
ted
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW50
Well if it makes you feel any better, my first one only lasted 90 seconds. Here's the story.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=15095

What I believed happened is the FC rebooted in the quad for some reason, thus you lose all control for a few seconds. But by then, it was too late with pieces flying all over the forest. It looked like a pinball machine bouncing from tree to tree. I rebuilt it and it never acted up ever again.

Someone else got a quad up a tree and he called a tree service to get it and it was only like $25. It might be worth a shot.

H501C? Same as the H501S without the VTX. Although one Hubsan engineer said the H501C has a stronger shell.
Thing is bill ...your a fan of this quad otherwise you wouldnt stick by them but hand on heart do you feel they are basically flawed no matter what you do f/w wise im feeling its only a matter of time before all 501s owners hit probs...
i have the case and another battery on the way...im thinking i would be a fool to order another when funds allow
im feeling like alot of owners they want it to work which is why so many get another.
Jul 17, 2017, 01:21 PM
Oldie, not Moldie
@ted: I've got a S and an A. No problems at all so long as I do a quick test on startup to make sure that the compass really is calibrated. I've never had to calibrate it more than one extra time. I'm definitely happy with both (and have added a RunCam Split to be able to look down while I'm way up).

And just for reference, it's not like these two are my only quads...
Jul 17, 2017, 01:41 PM
ted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssayer
@ted: I've got a S and an A. No problems at all so long as I do a quick test on startup to make sure that the compass really is calibrated. I've never had to calibrate it more than one extra time. I'm definitely happy with both (and have added a RunCam Split to be able to look down while I'm way up).

And just for reference, it's not like these two are my only quads...
hi
well the quad behaved perfectly finding gps just in the air it acted up i am feeling down hearted at the moment because it took me a while to save the funds for it
Jul 17, 2017, 02:30 PM
WI, USA
Quote:
Thing is bill ...your a fan of this quad otherwise you wouldnt stick by them but hand on heart do you feel they are basically flawed no matter what you do f/w wise im feeling its only a matter of time before all 501s owners hit probs...
There is one thing that I find annoying with the H501S, it's that forced compass calibration. And you don't know if it was a good compass calibration or not until you get it up in the air with GPS turned on. Once you get an excellent compass calibration, you shouldn't have to do it again unless you fly somewhere else far away. I think this is causing the majority of the problems.

And I don't think firmware versions is something most people have to worry about. As whatever version it came with should be fine for most people. I've never had a need to update any of mine, see for yourself.

My 1st Hubsan (Advanced Firmware) Black
H906A TX v1.1.2
H501S RX v1.2.12
H501S FC v1.1.21

My 2nd Hubsan (Standard Firmware) RETURNED
H901A TX v4.2.8
H901A LCD v1.3.2
H501S RX v1.1.9
H501S FC v1.1.9

My 3rd Hubsan (Standard Firmware) No VIDEO White
H901A TX v4.2.9
H901A LCD v1.3.4
H501S RX v1.2.12
H501S FC v1.1.21

My 4th Hubsan (Standard Firmware) White
H901A TX v4.2.9
H901A LCD v1.3.4
H501S RX v1.2.12
H501S FC v1.1.22

My 5st Hubsan (Advanced Firmware) White
H906A TX v1.1.9
H501SS RX v2.1.22
H501SS FC v1.1.36

My 6st Hubsan (Advanced Firmware) Black
H906A TX v1.1.6
H501SS RX v2.1.16
H501SS FC v1.1.29

My 7th Hubsan (Standard Firmware) White (Bad ESC - waiting parts)
H901A TX v4.2.14
H901A LCD v1.3.3
H501SS RX v
H501SS FC v

My 8th Hubsan (H7000 Firmware) White
H7000 TX v2.1.8 (Sunbird Ground Station)
H501S RX v1.2.17
H501S FC v1.5.25

They all fly pretty much the same to be honest. Although some like #6 usually gets a great compass calibration right the first time. Some of my others are just slow learners.

Quote:
i have the case and another battery on the way...im thinking i would be a fool to order another when funds allow
Well if you do get another one, try to practice flying low for a few days. They are still lots of fun flying and don't end up on the top of tall trees.

Quote:
im feeling like alot of owners they want it to work which is why so many get another.
Well that is probably true.
Jul 17, 2017, 02:41 PM
ted
Quote:
There is one thing that I find annoying with the H501S, it's that forced compass calibration. And you don't know if it was a good compass calibration or not until you get it up in the air with GPS turned on. Once you get an excellent compass calibration, you shouldn't have to do it again unless you fly somewhere else far away. I think this is causing the majority of the problems.

And I don't think firmware versions is something most people have to worry about. As whatever version it came with should be fine for most people. I've never had a need to update any of mine, see for yourself.

My 1st Hubsan (Advanced Firmware) Black
H906A TX v1.1.2
H501S RX v1.2.12
H501S FC v1.1.21

My 2nd Hubsan (Standard Firmware) RETURNED
H901A TX v4.2.8
H901A LCD v1.3.2
H501S RX v1.1.9
H501S FC v1.1.9

My 3rd Hubsan (Standard Firmware) No VIDEO White
H901A TX v4.2.9
H901A LCD v1.3.4
H501S RX v1.2.12
H501S FC v1.1.21

My 4th Hubsan (Standard Firmware) White
H901A TX v4.2.9
H901A LCD v1.3.4
H501S RX v1.2.12
H501S FC v1.1.22

My 5st Hubsan (Advanced Firmware) White
H906A TX v1.1.9
H501SS RX v2.1.22
H501SS FC v1.1.36

My 6st Hubsan (Advanced Firmware) Black
H906A TX v1.1.6
H501SS RX v2.1.16
H501SS FC v1.1.29

My 7th Hubsan (Standard Firmware) White (Bad ESC - waiting parts)
H901A TX v4.2.14
H901A LCD v1.3.3
H501SS RX v
H501SS FC v

My 8th Hubsan (H7000 Firmware) White
H7000 TX v2.1.8 (Sunbird Ground Station)
H501S RX v1.2.17
H501S FC v1.5.25

They all fly pretty much the same to be honest. Although some like #6 usually gets a great compass calibration right the first time. Some of my others are just slow learners.

Well if you do get another one, try to practice flying low for a few days. They are still lots of fun flying and don't end up on the top of tall trees.

Well that is probably true.
Thanks bill
i am already looking on ebay i dont have the heart for brand new...
Jul 17, 2017, 03:24 PM
ted
Thanks everyone for help and suggestions...there is "drone rescue" not contacted yet
Jul 17, 2017, 03:41 PM
Badass Service Mofo at Hubsan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankFort
When i unscrewed and slowly opened the half part of the case on the relay all seemed fine inside and all.No wires were stuck anywhere or pressed between covers at all.It was just assembled like this...Someone knew about it and just screwed the cover,done,next...
Wow...My H501S,my H501SS,my H901A remotes,all were fine inside but this relay....I think i'll really need taking a look inside my H501A now...
Have a look inside your A. If there's anything else wrong, tell us (PM me). We can arrange to have your units sent in and we can either repair or replace the unit(s).
Jul 17, 2017, 04:05 PM
Quote:
There is one thing that I find annoying with the H501S, it's that forced compass calibration. And you don't know if it was a good compass calibration or not until you get it up in the air with GPS turned on. Once you get an excellent compass calibration, you shouldn't have to do it again unless you fly somewhere else far away. I think this is causing the majority of the problems..
Hi Bill. I have a 501c that had 501s fc firmware on it and i loaded the RHE No Calibration fc firmware on it. It has been flying fine since i did this. I agree the compass calibration is a pain if you are flying multiple batteries from the same location. YMMV but for me so far it is working fine. After changing firmware do all calibrations.
Jul 17, 2017, 04:27 PM

Transforming H501S into H501A

Hello friends, is it possible to replace this H501A FCB in place of the H501S and use the wifi features, turning the H501s into the H501A?

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Hubsa...817190299.html
Jul 17, 2017, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro_Nick
Another great video Luka! Does look like your quad is flying very well with the latest FC and your HRB battery is giving good flight time. Was the heli collecting water? I thought at the start that the black clouds in the distance was rain, but maybe one of these wild fires that are in the news?
You are right. The heli collecting water is from FORESTALE a special police force like fire man, to shut off fires that are burning Sicily:
And Yes, (you have good eyes) it was raining down.
I flown my drone ver very low, when see the heli coming to the sea collecting water ... very big
Jul 17, 2017, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro_Nick
I didn't.....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=17879

You can wait a bit and see if the wind knocks it down or you can have a go at recovery. The link is my tree "adventure". Recovered it after it had been up there a week and been rained on a couple of times. The "tree recovery system" is not my idea. If you go back some pages from my post you will see it was suggested by another forum member who saw a video about it. I was determined not to let the tree or my bad knee from stopping me getting it back.

If you do recover it, I suggest to rebind the controller and quad, do all the calibrations and, if that does not help, reflash the firmware. Or, sell it on eBay and get another quad... Maybe Bill would buy it off you...
.......And if none of that works...get out that 12ga., teddy. ........

(Sorry about your crash. Mine went into concrete on its first flight. Feel better? No? I didn't think so.)