Hubsan X4 H501S 5.8G, a micro brushless 5.8G/1080P FPV (under construction) - Page 1239 - RC Groups
May 19, 2017, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2007
Just charge them up.

Its easy to incorrectly assume that you have enough charge but it can catch you out like it did with me especially if you've updated the Tx and RX firmware first, it's just one potential problem that you can rule out if they're fully charged.
They are fully charged, but still 1.2 V because NiMh
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2017, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogship
Yayyyy, we no longer have to worry about being fined for not registering our birds!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wir...-rule-47514096
This is certainly interesting, but how will this effect people flying commercially? In other words getting paid for their hobby.
And couldn't I just say they are paying for my time not my flying? Seems like saying the FAA has no control over the hobbyist in the sky is leaving a huge grey area where lots of court cases and law suits are going to happen.
For example I am going to be taking aerial photos at a local concert event soon. I am getting compensation for my travel and my time but all the photos are property of the event coordinator. So technically I am not getting paid for flying my quad.

Anyways it's a win for hobbyist, but a loss for tax payers that will be paying for all the court cases that are going to ensue because there is no definitions in place of what is what.
May 19, 2017, 04:16 PM
Restrictions in the WDC area are still in effect. Wonder if the FAA is going to have to also pay back all those 10s of thousands of folks who registered? Didn't see anything regards that.
May 19, 2017, 04:29 PM
Badass Service Mofo at Hubsan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro_Nick
The 10C batteries supplied with the quad are okay, but prone to sag under high load. This can cause loss of performance, but also can lead to battery warnings earlier than they should be seen. Higher C rated batteries don't suffer from this issue and so are better, especially if you like to throw your quad around the skies a bit...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW50
By the same token, one could also say higher C batteries would more likely to overheat ESC and other high current components.

Yes and yes. Pros and cons. I can't speak for the R&D team and whatnot, but I do know these are all the factors that they take into account. We could manufacture a quad that had none of these kinds of gives and takes at all. But what would be the ultimate give? The price. The price would increase, even drastically in many cases- battery, ESC, motherboard hardware changes...yup.
May 19, 2017, 04:58 PM
WI, USA
"A lawyer for China's DJI, the world's biggest drone maker, said registration was reasonable and fostered 'accountability and education to drone pilots.' Brendan Schulman said he expected more discussion between industry and governments over the program."
Oh course a lawyer for DJI would say that. As DJI won't let you arm their motors until you register their drone. And their App phones home so they can collect all of your flight data. They are the big brother of the drone world. And if they ever want to deactivate your DJI product and make it inoperable, they can (only if their App has Internet access, but if it doesn't you can't activate it either).
May 19, 2017, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilliams8200
This is certainly interesting, but how will this effect people flying commercially? In other words getting paid for their hobby.
This rule ban is only for the hobbyist. If you are commercial and making money then you still need to register.
At least that's how I read it.
This takes a huge weight off my shoulders because now I don't have to worry about a huge fine and/or jail time for not having those stupid numbers on my bird.
May 19, 2017, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee88
Higher C batteries do not cause higher current flow rates. They only have the ability to deliver higher current flow. Higher current flow results only from Higher battery voltage or motors that draw more current.

E=IR basic ohms law.

E in this case = 'Electromotive Force' (Voltage)
I = Current
R = Resistance (resistance to current flow)
Correct.
You could have as High a C as you want. It makes no difference to the current drawn by the motor.

Anyhow the motors are rated with a full load peak current of 7.6A with 2S pack.
They develop 56.2W (521g thrust) with a 7x2.4 prop.
The only way to make them draw more current is to physically stop them or by using badly matched props.

So 4x7.6 = 30.4A Peak current.
With all LEDS on and Camera/VTX on, this adds ~1A
So 32A is the absolute max the quad can draw. It will only do this when the motors are on full load power (in other words very rarely!)
The Stock 10C battery (27A) cannot really deliver that current.
A 20C will allow double the current (54A) and is a much better choice for a smoother voltage profile.
I only use 20C and 25C.
Going beyond that is not necessary but it certainly won't do any harm
May 19, 2017, 07:27 PM
V4.2.24 H501S V1.2.20 V1.1.38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox Pete
Correct.

I only use 20C and 25C.

Pete could you tell us, which batterys you use and where to buy it, also I will like to take the opportunity to thank you for all the contributions you offer to all of US.

THANKS MAN!!!!
May 19, 2017, 07:37 PM
V4.2.24 H501S V1.2.20 V1.1.38

Any solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalb
Did anyone succeed update LCD?
I tried as follows:
1. Find a TF card, formatted in FAT32
2. Copy file HRC-F2-LCD.hbs into TF card root directory. You cannot change the file name.
3. Place the card into the controller, ensure you have fresh batteries installed.
4. Hold right joystick in upper-right corner, press Record and switch controller on.
Controller LCD displays upgrade status.
Wait until the display disappears and the upgrade is complete.

If I check version it is still 1.3.2
Used different TF cards, FAT32 formatted
Used LCD 1.3.3 and 1.3.4 no difference

But at first when trying like above I saw updating LCD screen text
Now I only see a Hubsan logo cycling colors and then normal screen.

any tips?
Anne was talking about this, she wanted to see a YouTube video first and also to have the 1.3.2 file saved in case something went wrong.

I too want to install the RHE version due to the difficulty looking at the telemetry, but I was afraid.

Do you found any solution, I wish you luck

Luis
May 19, 2017, 08:35 PM
WI, USA
Quote:
Correct.
You could have as High a C as you want. It makes no difference to the current drawn by the motor.

The only way to make them draw more current is to physically stop them or by using badly matched props.

So 32A is the absolute max the quad can draw. It will only do this when the motors are on full load power (in other words very rarely!)
A 20C will allow double the current (54A) and is a much better choice for a smoother voltage profile.
I only use 20C and 25C.
In a perfect world under perfect conditions, sure it looks great on paper. But most of us don't live in a perfect world. We live in all parts of the globe and in all different weather conditions. And in dusty conditions is going to make those gritty motors work harder. Warmer climates means your motors and electronics is going to get hotter. That means electronic components could run into thermal runaway. And the insulation on the motor windings could break down. And that 32A max claim could be thrown out the window. And a higher C battery is only turn it into a better arc welder. Or worse, a better fire.
May 19, 2017, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredelijkheid
Hi Hubsan fans,

Please allow me to introduce “The Drone-CoPilot”. This completely free App is using an interactive checklist so that the pilot flying can concentrate on safely and responsibly piloting his Hubsan aircraft whilst the virtual Drone-CoPilot (App) will make sure that the pilot flying does not forget anything. Just like the professional aviation this App works like the “Challenge & Response” method during different phases of the flight which results that only the checks that matter at that stage will be questioned.

I have put a lot of effort in the user interface and user experience and automated it as much as possible. I hope you will like it.

The App works with dynamic templates and supports most of the well-known Drones (like Yuneec Typhoon, DJI's Mavic Pro, DJI Phantom and the Hubsan H501s) out of the box. By using a community (www.drone-copilot.com) owners of other type and brand drone can submit their own checklist for their aircraft. My goal is that the App at least supports the top 10 of the most sold drones.

You can get it via iTunes or the Playstore but also via the website (www.drone-copilot.com). Or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DroneCoPilot/

Besides flying my bHubsan for many years, this is my first attempt to create an fully free of charge App which will contribute to our community.

So please be gentle in your comments 😊

Kind regards,

Theo
Hi Theo,
I have just downloaded your App and it will be very useful to many flyers.
I inadvertently set the App to DJI and haven't been able to find how to change it to H501S, I am not that familiar with using Apps. Can you please explain what is required.

Thank you in advance,
May 19, 2017, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piolin
Pete could you tell us, which batterys you use and where to buy it, also I will like to take the opportunity to thank you for all the contributions you offer to all of US.

THANKS MAN!!!!
I fly both of these packs and a hubsan battery everyday, near dusk... 2200mah, 30c smaller than Hubsans. I just use a xt60 to ec2 adaptor i made. Since the battery is a lot shorter, u can push it in almost an inch. so the adaptor fits.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DD3SFUM...=morpilot+2200

No battery Sag, and a few more Meter's per second in altitude Mode. Not as much hang time as the stock hubsan, but a little more fun.. And cheap.

I've put one of these and 2 hubsan batteries strapped underneath just to see if it would lift off, and it did, i let it hover for a minute. Worry about the ESC's but i do have 2 spare motors and 2 spare ESC's.. Just in case. But the 501 handled it.

And playing around with different Propellors, the 10c wont go for it. Stock Hubsans work best=conclusion.

If you want a true Hubsan 2700mah battery, $19.99 at amazon.. not a counterfeit 2100 or less MAH in the Hubsan wrapper

https://www.amazon.com/Morpilot-Perf...&keywords=2700.
.Last pics a joke. 7C floureon Lipo.. 29.4v charged, thing weighs 933 grams!!! Would be nice if it was 150g it might have a chance.
May 19, 2017, 10:39 PM
I mysteriously received a regular s version
Last edited by rcforlife; May 25, 2017 at 07:32 PM.
May 20, 2017, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Correct.

I only use 20C and 25C.
Thanks for the specs Pete, very useful!
May 20, 2017, 04:10 AM
couch pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by annegottagun
Yes and yes. Pros and cons. I can't speak for the R&D team and whatnot, but I do know these are all the factors that they take into account. We could manufacture a quad that had none of these kinds of gives and takes at all. But what would be the ultimate give? The price. The price would increase, even drastically in many cases- battery, ESC, motherboard hardware changes...yup.
Weight would probably also increase with batteries rated for higher discharge (at the same capacity). Every gram reduces flying time. There's a tradeoff for every parameter you change. I think the factory batteries are a good match.