Jul 30, 2016, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willkhlau
try to find your plane with the last gps location.
i dont know how to do that and I dont understand how that works
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2016, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneStatic
Have you tried to locate the drone with the GPS coordinates using Google Maps?

Jul 30, 2016, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ephedralover
turn on your transmitter, go find the plane, until the gps show on the transmitter matched the last one your plane showed.
Last edited by willkhlau; Jul 30, 2016 at 11:05 AM.
Jul 30, 2016, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willkhlau
turn on your transmitter, go find the plane, until the gps show on the transmitter matched the last one your plane showed.
That's goin gto be impossible to walk around in people's yard, because everyone here got dogs in back yards
Jul 30, 2016, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Could this be possible?

https://www.google.nl/maps/place/38°47'20.2"N+77°26'31.9"W/@38.7889486,-77.4443831,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d38.7889444!4 d-77.4421944?hl=nl

/edit: we're on page 501, yay
Last edited by Pivoisiski; Jul 30, 2016 at 11:30 AM.
Jul 30, 2016, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pivoisiski
Could this be possible?

https://www.google.nl/maps/place/38°47'20.2"N+77°26'31.9"W/@38.7889486,-77.4443831,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d38.7889444!4 d-77.4421944?hl=nl

/edit: we're on page 501, yay
I'm going to go look right now, brb. thanks for looking into it man I've had it with this quad.
Jul 30, 2016, 11:49 AM
Quote:
I'm going to go look right now, brb. thanks for looking into it man I've had it with this quad.
Well from the coordinates it's somewhere in the Eastern Hemisphere, at least it will be close to the manufacturing plant in China.

You are in N38, W77. The quad is reporting N36, E77.
It's going to take one hell of a good battery to RTH.

I suppose you checked the GPS coordinates were OK during your pre flight checks?
I expect, as it's your first flight with untested firmware of unknown pedigree, you kept the quad within about 10 or 15 metres and checked all the functionality before venturing out to 250m?
Hopefully, when the battery goes flat, someone will find it and contact you using the details you stuck to its belly.
Last edited by Paradox Pete; Jul 30, 2016 at 12:01 PM.
Jul 30, 2016, 12:02 PM
Quote:
I was thinking it may be here. You do not list what state you are in or your city so this is just a guess. If this is correct, Google Earth view shows a couple of flat roofs on some of the buildings. May be up on top of one of those.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/33...996!4d-73.1851
Jul 30, 2016, 12:15 PM
WOW MAN you were right on point, it was exactly where you said it was going to be. I found it, how can I ever repay you

Now I have two problems...

1. The battery is DEAD..........I tried recharging it with a rapid charger and it keeps saying low voltage. How can I recharge it? it won't give me an option on the charger to recharge it. I have the Prophet Precept rapid charger it is red like in the picture below.

2. I put in another battery that was charged and at first it was flying, but the fpv signal was very weak and was losing video in the transmitter even at 10 feet range. I went to bind it again and now no signal on the transmitter at all and I even tried changing frequensy.

I tried to bind again and now it will not bind.

Should I re-install software?
Jul 30, 2016, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwade
I was thinking it may be here. You do not list what state you are in or your city so this is just a guess. If this is correct, Google Earth view shows a couple of flat roofs on some of the buildings. May be up on top of one of those.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/33...996!4d-73.1851

I found it thanks for your help though, but the guy who posted before you sent me directly where to find it.
Jul 30, 2016, 12:41 PM
Quote:
WOW MAN you were right on point, it was exactly where you said it was going to be. I found it, how can I ever repay you

1. The battery is DEAD..........I tried recharging it with a rapid charger and it keeps saying low voltage. How can I recharge it? it won't give me an option on the charger to recharge it. I have the Prophet Precept rapid charger it is red like in the picture below.

2. I put in another battery that was charged and at first it was flying, but the fpv signal was very weak and was losing video in the transmitter even at 10 feet range. I went to bind it again and now no signal on the transmitter at all and I even tried changing frequensy.

I guess I found the solution to the battery.
Solution■Charging Low voltage LiPo using iMAX B6 HD (5 min 8 sec)
Jul 30, 2016, 01:02 PM
Quote:
The video of the 501S X4 fly away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74M4_AfUZeU
Newbie's theory. Is it possible that your Compass unit indeed out of service? That's why manual calibration cannot pass. But with 1.2.6 FW it somehow bypassed it since the FW doing auto calibration. You actually fly it with non calibrated compass?

I guess you should wait till your compass arrived and flash it with the least problem 1.1.17 FW.

Just my thought.
Jul 30, 2016, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll11
Newbie's theory. Is it possible that your Compass unit indeed out of service? That's why manual calibration cannot pass. But with 1.2.6 FW it somehow bypassed it since the FW doing auto calibration. You actually fly it with non calibrated compass?

I guess you should wait till your compass arrived and flash it with the least problem 1.1.17 FW.

Just my thought.
Actually now I can do Compass calibration and it passes, but I have to first do Left stick left, flip left and right RIGHT STICK until compass calibration displays then it passes to compass 2 and it works.
Jul 30, 2016, 01:31 PM
Quote:

Good to hear!! Glad you found it
Jul 30, 2016, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pivoisiski
Good to hear!! Glad you found it
what website did you go to, to find it based on the X4 coordinance

Quick Reply