Aug 20, 2018, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOFnow View Post
Strange 901A operation.

901A bound to 501ss gets 2.4 feedback but no FPV (5.8Ghz) on screen.

906A bound to 501ss gets 2.4 feedback Plus FPV (5.8Ghz) on screen

Now the puzzle:
With 906A as above and with 901A turned on simultaneously with the 906A , FPV shows on 901A screen but no 2.4 on screen.

Hope someone can figure this one out because I haven't seen this before.
Please expalin feedback?
You mean interference , static, noise or something else?
Yoiu shouldn't have any feedback.
Maybe it's a language misunderstanding
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2018, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox Pete View Post
Please expalin feedback?
You mean interference , static, noise or something else?
Yoiu shouldn't have any feedback.
Maybe it's a language misunderstanding
Sorry, feedback was an improper and inaccurate term. By feedback I meant the display has the normal flight data pertaining to Heading, Height, Distance, Yaw, Pitch, etc. These values change on either display when that display was on the binding controller with my movement of the 501ss.

But FPV and flight data Only on the 906A when it is the binding controller.
Flight data Only on the 901A with no FPV when it is the binding controller.

When I bind with the 906A and before "initializing" the 501ss if I turn on the 901A it will actually show the same FPV screen as the 906A when the initialization is complete but without flight data. Then on the correct frequency I can add the little display for the goggles and show the same camera/FPV screen as the other two but again without flight data. If I can ever figure how to get the photos off my bloody Android phone I'll attach a couple, but don't hold your breath.
Last edited by TOFnow; Aug 20, 2018 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Add Photos
Aug 20, 2018, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Sorry, feedback was an improper and inaccurate term. By feedback I meant the display has the normal flight data pertaining to Heading, Height, Distance, Yaw, Pitch, etc. These values change on either display when that display was on the binding controller with my movement of the 501ss.

But FPV and flight data Only on the 906A when it is the binding controller.
Flight data Only on the 901A with no FPV when it is the binding controller.

When I bind with the 906A and before "initializing" the 501ss if I turn on the 901A it will actually show the same FPV screen as the 906A when the initialization is complete but without flight data. Then on the correct frequency I can add the little display for the goggles and show the same camera/FPV screen as the other two but again without flight data. If I can ever figure how to get the photos off my bloody Android phone I'll attach a couple, but don't hold your breath.
I

Your goggles can only display telemetry if you "bind" it with the controller. We know the goggles only work (for telemetry) with the 901A. The 906A is not compatible (the bind sequence is obviously slightly different).
You can get FPV on any or all 3 displays, as they are just receivers.
The receiver in the 901A however is particularly susceptible to internal blocking , and does not work on many frequencies.
This is a common issue and the reason for apparent loss of video.
In your set up therefore you should be able to configure for
1. All 3 displays with FPV.
2. 901A and goggles with matching telemetry.
3. 906A you will have no remote telemetry (until they fix the bind sequence) in the goggles. Agin you can have video on as many devices as you have in your arsenal.

It's impossible to have telemetry on more than 2 controllers, it can only be on the one bound to the quad.
Aug 20, 2018, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox Pete View Post
I

Your goggles can only display telemetry if you "bind" it with the controller. We know the goggles only work (for telemetry) with the 901A. The 906A is not compatible (the bind sequence is obviously slightly different).
You can get FPV on any or all 3 displays, as they are just receivers.
The receiver in the 901A however is particularly susceptible to internal blocking , and does not work on many frequencies.
This is a common issue and the reason for apparent loss of video.
In your set up therefore you should be able to configure for
1. All 3 displays with FPV.
2. 901A and goggles with matching telemetry.
3. 906A you will have no remote telemetry (until they fix the bind sequence) in the goggles. Agin you can have video on as many devices as you have in your arsenal.

It's impossible to have telemetry on more than 2 controllers, it can only be on the one bound to the quad.
1. All 3 displays with FPV. Yes

2. 901A and goggles with matching telemetry. Nope, see attached shot of the bound and calibrated 901A
If I vary the goggle display +or - 10 then not even video, only place marks where data is to show on the goggle display.

3. 906A you will have no remote telemetry (until they fix the bind sequence) in the goggles. Yes!
Agin you can have video on as many devices as you have in your arsenal. Yes.

Somehow I'm not able to get the flight data to show along with video from the 501ss. So FAR!
Aug 20, 2018, 08:23 PM
KC5UH transmits -------->
Quote:
1. All 3 displays with FPV. Yes

2. 901A and goggles with matching telemetry. Nope, see attached shot of the bound and calibrated 901A
If I vary the goggle display +or - 10 then not even video, only place marks where data is to show on the goggle display.

3. 906A you will have no remote telemetry (until they fix the bind sequence) in the goggles. Yes!
Agin you can have video on as many devices as you have in your arsenal. Yes.

Somehow I'm not able to get the flight data to show along with video from the 501ss. So FAR!
Have you tried the EXACT sequence I posted in #26740? Do it any other way and it would not work. Once it is set up, all 3 devices remember and turn on with FPV and telemetry on both screens. I spent over an hour trying different ways and that was the only way to get both.

Do not bother trying to get telemetry with the 906. All you can get is FPV. And if you succeed with the 901/001/501 setup and you try anything else, it will screw up what you have.
Aug 21, 2018, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ham2405 View Post
Have you tried the EXACT sequence I posted in #26740? Do it any other way and it would not work. Once it is set up, all 3 devices remember and turn on with FPV and telemetry on both screens. I spent over an hour trying different ways and that was the only way to get both.

Do not bother trying to get telemetry with the 906. All you can get is FPV. And if you succeed with the 901/001/501 setup and you try anything else, it will screw up what you have.
Good morning,
Yes I finally got all displays showing TM and FPV thanks to your method at about 2:30 AM.
My operational problem was simple, as usual. When I turned on the GD (no, that means goggle display) thing it emits a screeching and previously considered unceasing sound, which I had always shut off for sanity preservation by use of the Bind button. This time I left it on through the 901/501 binding. Obviously the screech is a necessary evil to attract the attention of the 501ss so it will deign to place TM and FPV on the GD thing. () Then it was a matter of finding the frequency required by the 901A to have both displays active. Just as your procedure called out. Thank you!

I do wish I'd seen a hint of the necessary noise involved in the binding or if it has been written that I overlooked. Very possible.
Aug 21, 2018, 08:59 PM
Quote:

I do wish I'd seen a hint of the necessary noise involved in the binding or if it has been written that I overlooked. Very possible.
I should have said that the binding mode of the GD is accompanied by incessant beeping until binding is successful!
Aug 21, 2018, 09:33 PM
Quote:
I should have said that the binding mode of the GD is accompanied by incessant beeping until binding is successful!
Well,
Aug 21, 2018, 10:32 PM
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 23, 2018, 11:20 AM

News Flash!

Anne no longer works for Hubsan, so I think our support here in RCG just went down the drain!
Last edited by ham2405; Aug 23, 2018 at 11:21 AM. Reason: misspelling
Aug 23, 2018, 11:21 AM
Nooooooooo, Awesome Anne was the best!
Aug 23, 2018, 11:58 AM
Always Fly Two Mistakes High!

Salute

Anne,

We salute you and will miss you!
Aug 23, 2018, 02:33 PM
She truly was the best thing Hubsan had going for them.
Aug 23, 2018, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Anne no longer works for Hubsan, so I think our support here in RCG just went down the drain!
Thank you anne.lu@hubsan.com I/we will miss your well thought out and helpful comments on the forum.
Last edited by TOFnow; Aug 23, 2018 at 09:28 PM.
Aug 24, 2018, 07:24 AM
Yes she was my only lifeline. I would have trashed the 507A a long time ago and would have never stuck with any Husban products.

Quick Reply