And John!

Good flying!
scotty my friend we missed having you there get well soon
Dec 07, 2015, 12:17 AM
Overkill is underrated
+1!
Dec 07, 2015, 07:33 AM
F5J is a great contest format to take part in

strategy for launch height, electric motor up front makes launch easy for everyone to get to the height they want (unlike DLG for example), easy setup for organisers

thanks to John and Lee for getting this event going - it was great !!!

weather was perfect

got to get a newer plane but had a lot of fun with the one I have

Philip
Dec 07, 2015, 08:01 AM
Follow me to sink!

Beware the 200 Meter Altitude Threshhold

As the scorekeeper, I was able to witness the devastating effect of exceeding the 200 meter altitude threshold.

Case in point: In one group, the air was light, and a low motor cut-off would most likely not have led to a 10 minute flight time.

Pilots A and B had almost the same flight times and landing points, but A cut off at 181 meters, and B at 259 meters.

A ended up with the 1K, and B with a bit over 600 points. Ouch!

Keep in mind that in a competition flown to the F5J rules, an automatic cutoff in the Altis or whatever must be disabled. Becoming proficient in estimating your plane's altitude is a must. It's way more important than good landings.

Dec 07, 2015, 08:06 AM
SHADYBOY
A huge thanks to Lee, John and and all that helped run a fantastic event. Without the support you give none of this would be possible.
You guys ROCK!!!
Dec 07, 2015, 08:10 AM
RV7guy

Great Event

F5J is a great format. You've got to be able fly, land and think. Consistency is very important. Another important aspect is having your equipment in top shape with pre flight and post flight inspections.

Thanks Lee and John for putting this together. Lee puts his heart and soul into the organization of these events and sacrifices his own ability to fly in the event. Also, thanks to Charles Martin for keeping the scoring up to date.

Mark this on your calendar for next year. I'm sure this event is going to grow as the popularity of electric soaring continues to grow.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Team Futaba
Dec 07, 2015, 09:48 AM
\m/ Dude!

Awesome Weekend

Had a fabulous time with great people! Looking forward to more two-day F5J contests.

Here is our winner, Toby. More pictures of the event to be posted this evening.
Dec 07, 2015, 12:04 PM
Overkill is underrated
I also wish to express my thanks to Lee for making the necessary technical side of this terrific weekend of flying, possible. Without his effort, this event would likely not have happened. Fist bumps, Lee!
Also, big props to Proppy John for being the CD and serving up all the great chow to a bunch of hungry and appreciative pilots. Fist bumps, John!
And to all the pilots who attended, whether I met you or not, I never heard any words spoken that amounted to anything more than good old trash talk. IOW's, it was classy bunch of people enjoying themselves, the air, and their hobby. That makes for a fun time. I hope to meet more of you at this event when it repeats itself next year. F5J rules!

-Ed
Dec 07, 2015, 01:02 PM
Heart felt thank you to the organizers and officials of the event.

It was a perfectly run contest, and you guys were great.

Thank you.

Mike Carris
Dec 07, 2015, 09:58 PM
Thanks to Lee and his crew for a well run contest!
It was an enjoyable weekend and a fun event.

I think we'll see more entries in the future, as the word gets out.

Thanks,
Lenny
Dec 08, 2015, 12:42 AM
\m/ Dude!

More Saturday Photos + Videos

Videos: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Ws&usp=sharing
Last edited by Westranm; Dec 08, 2015 at 12:59 AM.