Oct 13, 2015, 09:12 AM
The crazy Swede.....
Thread OP
Idea

Genesis hull flaw IF you run singel setup..

All the Genesis owners know about the compartments back on the sponsons outside, i have been noticing some strange behaviour and so on this summer, compared to my Cozy F1...

so i began to think if those to compartments for mounting strutts or what they are called in english, the pipe thingys :P
anyhow, think they migt drag and so on..

so what i did was puting duct tape over them just for trying it out and see if there was a difference..

OMG, they produce SO much drag then you are getting up in plane, then turning tight corners, and then you slow down fast starboard side digs a bit due to prop-torq, well that compartment acts like a brake and often can end up in a roll..

the boat did perfrom SO MUCH BETTER, plane faster, turning MUCH better.... ALMOST a different boat..

so i will try to craft like a hatch x2 to cover them, but removable for the day i might go twin motor setup..

At speed, much calmer also, not that twitchy as before. could be a bit aggressive on it now that you could not be before.

nothing back there that can grab the water as it did before.

the only thing i did today was to flip it, almost a loop.. then taking on a wave that i dident see, loooong smoth one from a boat in the distance, fishing in the lake.

i just had to share this info, cuz i think this can solve things for others that have been telling me that there boat acts and behave nervous like mine did...

EDIT: Stingers, thats the name of those pipe like struts? right?
Last edited by wdac; Oct 14, 2015 at 04:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2015, 09:24 AM
I always wondered about those compartments, and now you've confirmed my suspicions.

I'll stick around and see how you cover your's up, then do it to mine if your's works well.
Oct 13, 2015, 10:02 AM
The crazy Swede.....
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Angry_Saxon
I always wondered about those compartments, and now you've confirmed my suspicions.

I'll stick around and see how you cover your's up, then do it to mine if your's works well.
i will
Oct 14, 2015, 09:15 AM
The crazy Swede.....
Thread OP
The_Angry_Saxon; i have a update for ya

Been brainstorming, and i saw the forces the duct tape attacked with from the water.
i dont think two hatchets will be a good solution. so iam thinking of fiberglasing it flat.

BUT then you have to decide if you want to go twin motor setup or not...
for me, its more a chalange to make the boat faster on one motor. so i rather improve the hull.

then i want to build a twin setup it will be from my scratch build this winter and let my Genny be single
Oct 14, 2015, 02:36 PM
I have no plans to make mine a twin motor - I have too much money invested in it as a single motor boat, plus I have my Flowmaster for a twin.

Good luck with your twin build
Oct 14, 2015, 02:52 PM
The crazy Swede.....
Thread OP
i will take picīs during the mod build and the result, so you can see if the solution is the way for you to go... i did get rely convinced that this is needed to get rid of bad behavior the hull have that those compartments created after trying out covering them with duct tape only.

fiberglass cloth will be used, not the regular fiberglass.
Oct 15, 2015, 05:19 AM
Boaters are nice people.
I wouldn't make a big fuss over it, either tape over those cavities, or glue a piece of ABS/Styrene sheet over it, using household silicone.

When you want to go for a twin set-up, you can simply cut through the silicon and remove the cover sheets.

Regards, Jan.
Oct 15, 2015, 05:51 AM
The crazy Swede.....
Thread OP
as usual iam "over engineering" thanks pompebled
Oct 15, 2015, 06:15 AM
I am never planning to make mine twin so I'll opt for a more permanent solution.
Oct 15, 2015, 06:32 AM
The crazy Swede.....
Thread OP
iam off to Biltema (Cartheme) they got fiberglass cloth for good price, 5 square meters for 200SEK, 16GBP, 25 USD.
Oct 15, 2015, 09:50 AM
The crazy Swede.....
Thread OP
Waiting on my silicone to dry for the covering of the Stinger compartments, and then iam going to fine "tune" the covers corners ends.. i hope i can get to the lake soon, its 16:49 (PM) Local time and the sun is almost down...
Oct 15, 2015, 11:06 AM
The crazy Swede.....
Thread OP
will not be any boat running today.... sun is down, but not dark yet...
Oct 15, 2015, 07:40 PM
Have you got a pic of what you have done so far?
Oct 16, 2015, 05:19 AM
The crazy Swede.....
Thread OP
having some trouble to getting it dry and stick, even tho i have sanded the Gel-coating for sticking.
Oct 16, 2015, 05:25 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdac
having some trouble to getting it dry and stick, even though I have sanded the Gel coat for sticking.
Hi wdac,

Depending on the type of silicone kit, it needs exposure to air to harden.
Between two hard surfaces it may take a couple of days (or more, depending on temperature and humidity).

Regards, Jan.

Quick Reply