Jan 22, 2002, 07:57 PM
Thread OP

newbie zagi 400x motor problems: HELP QUICK!!!!

Hello e-zoners,

I just got my peak detection charger and micro receiver in the mail
today, these were the last items that I needed to complete my first ever zagi and electric for that matter.

I just charged my zagi battery pack on my new battery charger and it appears that the battery was charged up just fine according to the LED's on the charger.

So, I plug in my batter to the motor and a big fat nothing?????

The leads from the esc were soldered to the motor ok with the blue wire connecting to the tab on the motor next to the red dot.

If I plug the esc into the receiver and turn on the esc and use transmitter to throttle up, still nothing

Does anyone have any ideas????

Im not sure how to debug the problem as I do not have multimeters etc.

thanks
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2002, 08:27 PM
Some ESC's require arming. On one of mine you move it up then all the way down, on another you plug the battery in with the throttel 1/2 way up. Are you getting any servo movement?? If not, double check your soldier connections...
Jan 22, 2002, 10:54 PM
Make sure your servos work first before checking the motor. Do you have the right polarity coming from the ESC to the receiver? Some receivers will only work on channel 3 from the ESC so make sure that you have the ESC plugged into that channel and with the right orientation or polarity.

Also double check the polarity from the battery to the ESC.
Jan 23, 2002, 12:06 AM
when you plug the battery on, make sure you have throttle in off position, and then slowly slide your throttle, sometimes there is a safety delay with the esc.
Jan 23, 2002, 11:58 PM
Thread OP
Hello everyone,

Thanks for all of the input. I did find out what was wrong.

I went to the Hobby store w/ zaggi in hand to debug. We put on a battery pack that a guy at the store had from his zagi and plugged it in to my zagi and boom! (as stated by John Maden) it worked!!! Thank God, now I know it is not my esc or motor. :-)

We put my battery back on and nothing happening. We then proceded to measure the voltage to the battery.... registered almost 0 voltage. Then we discovered the problem. The battery pack that came with my zagi 400x (1700mah) was wired in reverse polarity.... aaagggghhhh. So the guy at the hobby shop replaced the battery pack and I have been a happy camper ever since. And subsequently have finished my zagi...... yahooo!!

I called trick r/c and they told me that they have only seen that problem one other time in 5 years.... unbelievable, but at least we solved the problem

thanks again for the input

zagman
Jan 24, 2002, 04:11 PM
Hehe, I got an ESC new and it was wired fine, but the sticker on it was on backwards, said to batt and to motor on it and was on wrong. Luckily I was concerned becuase I read the instructions and it had a diagram that showed the RX connector on the same side as the batt wires, so I called the retailer I got it from and had him check another one and matched it up to mine, yup, the sticker was on wrong! Good thing I picked it up cause hooking a charged batt pack to an ESC wrong will fry it so I am told. .

Quick Reply