Feb 12, 2016, 05:56 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
I have just received the tracking number. Placed the order and it was shipped at the same day!
This was probably my 9th order from General Hobby (3 kits are still on their boxes). I know many people had issues but I simply can't relate as I have always had good experiences.
No damaged or missing parts, no wrong planes, no surprises so far (knock on wood )
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2016, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldopn
Well, pulled the trigger and ordered the yellow one.
It was cheap, specially when compared to the price I'll have to pay at home to the wife

HAHA

Yeah, Hey Hun, there's a carton coming......" What? Another plane? "

uhh....Maybe!

I have an Aerobeez Edge 540 55" and installed a Guardian Stabilizer......... Interesting to learn to fly with a Stabilizer.
Knife edge and hovers are strangely AWESOME

When you have choices, confusion can also be a choice ;-)

This kit shipped and was shown as to be delivered by Sat 2/13.....no show.....Parcel Select by USPS.....freaking idiots!!

Hopefully it will show on Tuesday, with Monday being a Holiday.

BTW, I live in San Diego Ca. The order Shipped from Los Angeles.....2 hrs away.......Shipped Wednesday....to deliver Saturday.
Sumtingwong here........

Randy
Last edited by rwynant; Feb 15, 2016 at 12:16 AM.
Feb 15, 2016, 06:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I have just received the tracking number. Placed the order and it was shipped at the same day!
This was probably my 9th order from General Hobby (3 kits are still on their boxes). I know many people had issues but I simply can't relate as I have always had good experiences.
No damaged or missing parts, no wrong planes, no surprises so far (knock on wood )
That's awesome Ronaldo!
Looking forward to seeing what the Corvus can do in the hands of an experienced 3D Pilot such as yourself!

Clear skies brother!
Feb 15, 2016, 06:30 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwynant
Thank you for starting this build thread!! I appreciate seeing the ins and outs of this kit.

Not terrible.......after reading the review of GH, I really didn't want to buy.....was going to go with 3DHS or EF......but the price of admission.....

I ordered this one.....
http://www.generalhobby.com/images/p...ine-red-20.jpg

A friend has the 60" Matt Hall, and that's a decent aircraft

Your build thread tipped the scale

Randy W
Hiya Randy!
Glad this thread helped you out!
The reasons I purchased the Corvus was also the price of admission for my first quality aerobatic aircraft plus it's a gorgeous aircraft!
I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you have any questions along the way but I think I pretty much covered everything that I thought was important and not covered in GH's online generic build manual.
It's a pretty straightforward build and you shouldn't have any problems at all.

Clear skies!
Feb 15, 2016, 08:35 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesolationAngels
Looking forward to seeing what the Corvus can do in the hands of an experienced 3D Pilot such as yourself!
Now this is a testimony of how good Skyline kits are, if they make me look good flying they must be really freaking good planes
It should take a few weeks to receive mine due to Brazilian Customs bureaucracy which is good because I need to finish another project (Ultimate bipe 120).
After that I swear I'll stop buying planes
BTW, hope you're still enjoying your Corvus my friend
Feb 16, 2016, 06:27 PM
Closed Account
This airframe looks fantastic. What's the catch for being so inexpensive?
Feb 16, 2016, 06:46 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Quote:
Originally Posted by out of stock
This airframe looks fantastic. What's the catch for being so inexpensive?
Being non-branded?
Feb 16, 2016, 11:38 PM
How low can you go?
Quote:
Being non-branded?
That's what I've read about some of these. Although the quality control might not be 100% there and the cs might not be there if you get a good airframe it can be on par with the likes of 3dhs/ef/pilot
Feb 17, 2016, 03:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Now this is a testimony of how good Skyline kits are, if they make me look good flying they must be really freaking good planes
After that I swear I'll stop buying planes
BTW, hope you're still enjoying your Corvus my friend

I've not flown in three months due to work , winter winds and family obligations but plan to get back up in the air next month for a full flying season.
I've also been working on the 75" Skyline MXS-R which is nearing completion. Just need to install the hinges on the control surfaces and install the power system.
Went with the Tomcat G30cc motor and Castle HD 120 plus savox servos all around. Planning a build thread for that one also.

I promised my wife the MXS-R was the last bird I'd need or ever want but then the new FlitelineRC P-38 was announced..
Mar 12, 2016, 09:24 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
It is here
GH is keeping the good records (at least with me). Plane is the same as I ordered and arrived intact.
Now I just need to rewind and re-glue the magnets of my NTM4258 and start the build.
Mar 13, 2016, 08:54 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
This night I decided to take a closer look at the plane and what a pleasant surprise I had
Started taking the parts out of the box and the first impression was that the whole kit was lighter than my MXS-R and Sbach. There was no fuel tank or engine mount but when I picked the fuselage my impression was confirmed, this is a pure electric kit, awesome!!
No extra reinforcements for glow power, motor box is very open and light. Fuselage is noticeably lighter without those extra reinforcements which are unnecessary for electric power.

I already knew about the double beveled edges on the control surfaces but wanted to see how much throw I could get with minimum hinge gap. On a quick check I was able to reach 60 degrees of throw on the elevator which is just perfect. I may go for 70 degrees on this plane if it does not increase the gap too much.

I did a quick comparison between the wings of the Corvus and the Sbach. Wing area looks the same, the Corvus has longer wingspan and significantly larger ailerons.

I'm very excited to start this build now as it will be my first pure electric 3D plane. Hope I can keep it really light.

Ronaldo
Apr 01, 2016, 02:02 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Hi folks, in case anyone has to make repairs or just wants to seal the hinge gaps professionally with the covering film that perfectly matches the plane here is the list:
Covering Film Solid Black (5mtr) 114
Covering Film Solid Amber (5mtr) 106
Covering Film Solid White (5mtr) 113
Covering Film Solid Silver (5mtr) 115

Ronaldo
Apr 23, 2016, 09:39 AM
I just put one of these together. It's awesome!
I purchased mine from Skyward Hobbies. http://www.skywardhobbies.com/ Great experience with them! It's a mom and pop shop with slightly higher prices than general hobbies, but the service and professionalism is top notch!!

They shipped my plane, motor and wing bag the day after I ordered it and gave me a tracking number email too. the plane arrived in excellent condition.

This particular color scheme is really easy for me to see so I'm lovin it.
I added some secraft turnbuckles to the pull pull rudder to make life easy , I used the saite 5055 700 kv motor so I could stay with the 3600 mAh 4cell batts I already had. I used a Castle Talon 90 ESC to turn the motor, and some Solar 658 digital metal gear servos to move the surfaces .

all up weight is 5.3 lbs. and I am producing 10.0 lbs of thrust at WOT, with a APC 15 x 8E . not the best, but pretty darn good.
Apr 23, 2016, 11:12 AM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcwwcp
I just put one of these together. It's awesome!
all up weight is 5.3 lbs. and I am producing 10.0 lbs of thrust at WOT, with a APC 15 x 8E . not the best, but pretty darn good.
Congrats on your new bird, dcwwcp.
Good to know you're enjoying it. Actually, you didn't pay much more because you got the Goldwing ARF version, not the Skyline one. Your version is more expensive even at GH's website. I don't know which are the differences though.
Funny you posted today because I have just started mine after a long break from flying and building. I broke my wrist a couple of weeks ago (on the last day of my vacations ) and now I'm slowly (and painfully) recovering my movements.
Your plane ended up very light, mine should be slightly heavier. My setup will be an NTM4258 530kV on 6S 3300mAh just like my other 60" Skyline kits.

Ronaldo
Apr 23, 2016, 12:21 PM
sorry to hear about your wrist. if there is one thing I could pass on to anyone ho has been injured it's do your rehab as much as possible!

So I believe that if you want to build light , you need to swing the biggest prop you can feasibly swing. get the highest Kv you can without drawing too much current , and keep the cell count low if you can. this makes for a light build, but not the most powerful.
It really is a balancing act between weight and power. I am going to keep the prop hanging at a minimum so the 4 cell set up will work fine for me.

I have a motor similar to what you have. Do you have a bench test set up to check your RPM and current draw? that is really the best thing to do when getting into these larger electric 3D planes.

what size prop are you going to try?

this plane really does fly great. One of the best 3D pilots at our club test flew mine and really liked it. it knife edges great with very low coupling. the roll rate is insane.

Quick Reply