This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 14, 2015, 09:32 PM
I just finished building my F1-5 the other day and thought I'd share some pictures of my build. I have yet to maiden it but plan to ASAP

Parts list:
Cobra 2204 2300kv
Little bees 20a
SeriouslyDodo FC running betaflight
X4r
HS1177 Camera
Micro MinimOSD
Hawkeye 200mw VTX
Last edited by Shabbindatter; Nov 15, 2015 at 03:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2015, 08:59 AM
why doesn't it ever just work?
Good looking build. I'm waiting on my motors, micro minimosd, hs1177, and Hawkeye 200mw vtx. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow. But mine's going on a 4b. I used that red mesh on my last build, but I kept melting it when I tried to heat up the heat shrink. It also made the cables more rigid. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it can make the servo connectors easier to pull loose. My board power pulled loose once about 50ft over a stone patio.

I made the mistake of trying to fit all pins on my naze rev 6, and I put some on top and some on bottom. I underestimated how much height that would eat up. Luckily, there's just enough room to sick my d4r-ii under the pdb. This micro frame is tough to fit everything in. Really glad I decided to go with the micro minim.

: edit:
Still waiting on my micro minimOSD and motors. Stupid usps has been holding them in Tampa for 5 days.

:Edit:
got excited when tracking showed it in cleveland this morning, but now it's showing in Warrensdale, PA! that's the second time this week that usps shipped one of my items out of cleveland to warrensdale! these people are idiots! i'm running out of flyable weather days!
Last edited by WickedWingman; Nov 17, 2015 at 08:55 AM.
Nov 16, 2015, 03:47 PM
Just did a short maiden flight last night with the f1-5 and I love it! Running stock PIDs on betaflight and it feels pretty damn locked in. I made the mistake of maidening it in a parking garage and slammed into some overhanging pipes and concrete pillars a few time and it can definetly take a good beating lol. Hope to post some videos soon
Last edited by Shabbindatter; Nov 16, 2015 at 11:03 PM.
Nov 17, 2015, 08:00 AM
got bored waiting for my motors and osd to arrive, so i decided to give it a little makeover. found some cheap nail polish at target last night. matches my prop color pretty well and keeps with the green theme of the hardware. eventually, i'll go all the way around the rim of the main plate, but i'm going to wait until the heat shrink is in place to keep going.
Nov 17, 2015, 08:35 AM
hers some pics of my f1-4b took the motors and escs off of a vortex i had just sitting stuck waiting on a new naze thou.
Nov 17, 2015, 02:08 PM
Intense
Hope you guys like, I had a ball flying my new f1-6 thats for sure
Armattan F1-6 (1 min 20 sec)
Nov 17, 2015, 02:34 PM
watched that video earlier today when chris posted it. you're cookin! why you running 5" on an f-6?
Nov 18, 2015, 12:06 AM
Intense
Cheers Wickedwingman, as its only a 250mm and i kinda like 5 inch sometimes , just thought id put some on
Nov 18, 2015, 07:10 PM
Finally got my motors and went to mount them, but the hole pattern makes the wire exit perpendicular to the arm. I thought the 4b was supposed to have mounting that made wires run parallel to the arm. I've got the RTFQ 2204 2300kv motors on the 4mm frame. Is it possible that my frame got made with the wrong orientation of hole pattern?
Nov 18, 2015, 07:15 PM
Intense
You have to flip the plate I think, f1 writing will not be as pretty tho lol.

As not all 2204 motors have the 16 and 19 mm pattern the same way
Nov 18, 2015, 07:58 PM
Oh. That would do it. Duh.
Nov 19, 2015, 01:03 PM
Coming along... This is one jam-packed quad!
Last edited by WickedWingman; Nov 21, 2015 at 10:13 PM.
Nov 22, 2015, 12:14 AM
Thread OP
Looking very nice WW. Love the green theme.

Just for your information, gents, most of the discussion for these frames take places here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3444&page=1749

Best,
Chris

Quick Reply