This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 11, 2015, 12:09 PM
Thread OP
Announce

Armattan F1 Lineup Revealed

Armattan F1 Revealed Part 1 (10 min 3 sec)

Armattan F1 Revealed Part 2 (20 min 28 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2015, 06:17 AM
Intense
Hello, I am wondering about the integrated version of f1-5 that i think has been mentioned and if that part when it comes out will fit the normal f1-5 that is out now ? cheers
Oct 15, 2015, 09:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiRotor4
Hello, I am wondering about the integrated version of f1-5 that i think has been mentioned and if that part when it comes out will fit the normal f1-5 that is out now ? cheers
Hi,

This is currently being produced in 2 different level of integration. One will be a simple PDB with pololu support, integrated XT60 and usual ESCs pads. The other one is not something we have much info about because it is in development.

Best,
Chris
Oct 19, 2015, 06:23 AM
Intense
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine
Hi,

This is currently being produced in 2 different level of integration. One will be a simple PDB with pololu support, integrated XT60 and usual ESCs pads. The other one is not something we have much info about because it is in development.

Best,
Chris
thank you Chris, Also looking at the pictures of the f1-5 and f1-6 is the f1-5 the only one in the lineup (for the fpv ones) that is a symmetrical X are the other 2 ( 6 and 4) like a bit of a squashed X?
Oct 19, 2015, 09:25 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiRotor4
thank you Chris, Also looking at the pictures of the f1-5 and f1-6 is the f1-5 the only one in the lineup (for the fpv ones) that is a symmetrical X are the other 2 ( 6 and 4) like a bit of a squashed X?
That is correct, Sir. Not by a lot, though.

Best,
Chris
Oct 22, 2015, 06:53 AM
Multirotor Promotor
Subbed
Oct 23, 2015, 09:03 PM
Electrical Controls Engineer
Your frames definitely caught my eye. I really liked the small size of the qav210, but I like your designs much better. I'm just trying to decide between 4" and 5". Going from 6" to 4" kind of scares me, but I really like the small form factor. Would you say your 4" can compete with your 5" or will it feel a little underpowered to someone used to a 6" 280 frame?
Last edited by EE_Flyer; Oct 23, 2015 at 10:37 PM.
Oct 24, 2015, 12:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE_Flyer
Your frames definitely caught my eye. I really liked the small size of the qav210, but I like your designs much better. I'm just trying to decide between 4" and 5". Going from 6" to 4" kind of scares me, but I really like the small form factor. Would you say your 4" can compete with your 5" or will it feel a little underpowered to someone used to a 6" 280 frame?
Hi,

I think it depends on flying style and also what kind of track you race on. The 4 inch dry weight is 67 grams and fully loaded with FC, ESCs VTX and camera, it's WELL under 300 grams. When run on 4s it's pretty darn zippy. On a tight course, I think the lightweight model has the edge. Less inertia and much faster cornering. But if you fly in an open field or on a track that has long open stretches when you can really open up the throttle, chances are the F1-4 will see the tail lights of the F5 and F6, and not for long.

Keep in mind that in a few days, we'll also be releasing the 4 inch version with thicker frame adapted to mount 2204 motors. That is also ridiculously fast, but flight times are short with 2204s and 4 inch.

I'm very new to FPV. I flew LOS for years and now I have the FPV bug. For a beginner like me, it's a no brainer. The 4 is more fun and easier to manage the throttle. The 5 feels floaty and requires better throttle and cyclic management. I do OK on 3s, but when I strap on 4s my palms sweat immediately.

Hope this helps, and drop a line anytime if you have other questions.

Best,
Chris
Oct 24, 2015, 07:26 AM
I appreciate the feedback. If I go with 4", I'll definitely be waiting for the upgraded frame. I've only been running 3s so far too. I'm only about 2 weeks into fpv myself.

How's the durability on the 4"? I notice it's unibody with a lot less hardware. I know you offer warranty on your carbon parts, but I'd rather not submit a request and wait for shipping. To give you an idea on how hard I crash, I've already managed to splinter a 3mm main plate and chip 5mm arms in those 2 weeks. Thankfully, nothing some epoxy can't fix.

I'll most likely be waiting until January or February to order to be ready to fly this spring. Good flying weather is about over for me this year. Do you think the integrated pdb will be available by then?

I hear you make dxf files available. Where are these available for download? I'd love to be able to layout parts in CAD before buying components and routing wires.

I'm also a huge fan of your morphite frame. I like the way it uses the camera mount to guard the battery against being knocked loose. Anyway to adapt this feature into a quad x frame?
Last edited by EE_Flyer; Oct 24, 2015 at 09:42 AM.
Oct 24, 2015, 09:38 AM
Thread OP
Likely will be, yes.

Note that mild splinters and dents are not warrantied. But deep delaminate or anything that affects normal flying conditions or proper equipment protection as designed is covered.

The 4mm plate will be very hard to snap. The lighter 3mm version is also hard to beak because we use smaller motors on it and the weight is much less in a crash. I have not managed to break my 3mm Morphite yet, but I can say that about a dozen guys out there did, and they got free replacements. We don't even charge for shipping. A dozen guys is nothing, though. There's about 1200 of these frames in circulation today.

Best,
Chris
Oct 25, 2015, 04:26 PM
Is the F1-4b 3mm or 4mm? And can i mount up 1806 motors? Thinking of getting framekit and put all my equipment from a 250 frame on it.
Oct 25, 2015, 11:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaw
Is the F1-4b 3mm or 4mm? And can i mount up 1806 motors? Thinking of getting framekit and put all my equipment from a 250 frame on it.
We'll have two versions available likely later today going back in stock.

A 3mm version with up to 1806 motor mounts, and a 4mm version that can fit 2204 motors.

Best,
Chris
Oct 27, 2015, 09:18 PM
Can you give details on what EXACTLY is included with the DIY kits? I know it includes flight controller, esc, motor, etc. I just can't find details. What motors? What esc? Ratings? I'm trying to decide if I want to stick with the DIY kit or just get the frame. It's hard when I don't know exactly what I'm paying for. I'm specifically interested in the 4 and 5", but I notice there's no details for any models on your website. I can infer based upon the parts you have available for purchase on the electronics section which parts are being supplied, but I can't be sure, and a lot of those have no specs listed either.
Oct 27, 2015, 11:38 PM
Thread OP
Hi,

We use 1306s, 2204s or 2208s depending on the models. ESCs are 30 amps or 20 amps running BLHeli 14.1. FCs are Mullets.

Best,
Chris
Nov 01, 2015, 09:20 AM
Looking forward to building my 4b with 2204 motors.

FYI to F1 potentials - most F1 discussion has been happening in the Morphite thread.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...02727&page=467

Quick Reply