Oct 10, 2015, 08:00 PM
Scott Stoops
Thread OP
Discussion

RC Pilot Guide - The Pilot's Guide to Mastering RC Flight

For those of you that are familiar with my book, I have to apologize for not being more involved in the hobby for several years. Life happens, I guess.

With that said, I've had numerous requests to publish it in an ebook format. Although I've been hesitant to do so, it seems like a good time to jump back in with the book. It hasn't been substantially changed since its inception, which I think speaks to its timelessness with regard to content and quality. With that, I've decided to put it out at a price point that virtually any RC pilot can afford.

So, here is the link.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B016FLIK36

The print book sold for $23.95, but I am selling the same digital version for $10. Why you might ask? I would prefer to disseminate the info as widely as possible, and offering it at a nominal cost helps the hobby in my opinion. I will not be advertising the book, so if you do buy a copy and like it , please pass the word.

The content is in a kindle format, which means you need the kindle app on your phone, ipad, etc. The kindle app is free, and based on the devices I've downloaded the book onto, it reads fine.

As far as pricing, at this point in my life I am in a position to offer this as an affordable technical and instructional manual that I hope helps future RC pilots have success. What I hope happens is that the book finds a new audience that appreciates my perspective as both a full-scale and RC pilot.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

I travel a lot, so don't expect an immediate response but I will do my best to get back to you ASAP.

Best Regards,

Scott
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2015, 08:27 PM
It's good to hear from you, Scott. Thanks for taking the time to do this!
Oct 10, 2015, 09:10 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
awesome. great to see this happen Scott.
Oct 10, 2015, 09:39 PM
Fantastic news! I'll be very glad to recommend this version of the book. It remains *the* technical resource on RC aerobatic flying. Also, $10 is a freaking bargain!
Oct 11, 2015, 05:00 AM
Thumbs are overrated.
Is there an audio book version planned?, I get a massive headache after reading a couple of pages (whiplash).
Oct 11, 2015, 09:35 AM
Scott Stoops
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poffertjesporem
Is there an audio book version planned?, I get a massive headache after reading a couple of pages (whiplash).
No one, and I mean no one wants to hear me talk about airplanes for hours. Just ask my f/o's or my wife.

Scott
Oct 11, 2015, 09:44 AM
Thumbs are overrated.
LOL, thanks fore the warning
Oct 12, 2015, 06:37 AM
I like the violent stuff!
How about a printed version on real paper for the technically challenged?
Oct 12, 2015, 08:15 AM
Can it fly? I'll try and see!
I guess I need to get the kindle app for my phone.. I tried to buy it and it won't go to my normal kindle.
Oct 12, 2015, 08:58 AM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
I think your description of gyroscopic precession was the first I actually understood. what a tremendous resource and a bargain at $10!!!
Oct 12, 2015, 10:23 AM
Scott Stoops
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryane67
I guess I need to get the kindle app for my phone.. I tried to buy it and it won't go to my normal kindle.
Hmmm. Not sure why. It is up and running on my iPads, laptop and phone. I don't have a paper white, but my wife does. I will check with her. If you can't make it work let me know and I will get you a refund.

Fwiw, it reads pretty well on a larger screen phone.

Scott
Oct 12, 2015, 10:28 AM
Scott Stoops
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingin' Wayne
How about a printed version on real paper for the technically challenged?
I completely understand that, but it just isn't in play right now. The cost to print, store, ship and support (lost copies, damaged in shipping, etc) just doesn't fit with me traveling, my wife's store and the kids lives.

I am more than willing to help you set up a tablet or phone for the book. It really is very straight forward.

Scott
Oct 12, 2015, 11:56 AM
Obviously I'm a "Minus Member"
Congratulations on bringing it back, Scott! I hope it does well for you in the new format.

Hopefully you will return to NEAT one day!

Mark Schneider
Oct 12, 2015, 01:51 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Thank you so much, Scott.

Your book has save me countless hours with my students. I make them read the book and after that I just give them a little guidance. All my students look great and everyone thinks I am a great teacher! I'm not, of course. I just know how to give them the right tools for learning, and your book is at the top of that list.

This is also a good opportunity to thank Scott for the role he played in my own success. Between our correspondence and reading your book, I couldn't go wrong.
Oct 12, 2015, 03:19 PM
Quote:
This is also a good opportunity to thank Scott for the role he played in my own success. Between our correspondence and reading your book, I couldn't go wrong.
Hear, hear. Scott is one of the genuine good guys of this world. He helped me start 3DHobbyShop, his design ideas still enliven the product offerings of the company, and I think he's one of the (too-often) unsung heroes of electric RC aerobatics.

Quick Reply