Oct 10, 2015, 08:36 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Wing joining design for backpack transport?

Hi need your help please?

I own a Raven flying wing from flyingwings.co.uk it is a fantastic wing and had served me well over the years, my transport circustances have changed and now my only mode of transport is motorbikes!
So with that in mind I am looking for a way to break down and re join the wing so that I can transport her in a back pack to and from my flying field, she is a 32 inch span wing and I dont mind what ideas are put forward as long as they are practical and fall under the KISS method of doing things.

Many thanks rct
Last edited by rcta15; Oct 10, 2015 at 10:32 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2015, 10:57 PM
Laughs at un-boxing videos...
Build a new smaller wing.
If you insist on rebuilding your old wing, Cut it in half and glue a plate on each half. Put in precision holes and stick a few bolts along the seam.
Oct 13, 2015, 09:02 AM
That thing almost hit me

Backpack version

Here's one
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2459051&page=3
Oct 13, 2015, 09:04 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by basicguy
Build a new smaller wing.
If you insist on rebuilding your old wing, Cut it in half and glue a plate on each half. Put in precision holes and stick a few bolts along the seam.
I have purchased a new raven kit and will be starting from that.
I have been thinking of either tracing the root of a wing and then make either a balsa/ply or epp center section which will hold the joining 'stuff' or just making the wing as is and cutting the wings down to a size that I can fit in what backpacks I have.
Thoughts?
rct

Quick Reply