Oct 09, 2015, 09:37 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Graupner MZ-18, MZ-24 Feature Requests and Bug Reports

With the permission of and blessings of Graupner USA, I've started this thread. The purpose is to discuss feature requests only. I'll keep the first post up to date with the feature requests through the thread. Graupner can then have a single post to look at to see feature requests from the users. If it warrants, we could even rank the feature requests.

As feature requests are addressed (implemented, viable work around found, or Graupner simply saying they will not implement them) the first post will also be updated, including the outcome, i.e. what version the feature request was implemented in.

This is assuming that the feature request is a software based request. This thread, however, does not have to be software features only. You can request hardware features as well, but I'm sure most of those will probably come in later radios, not additions to our existing MZ radios.

Feature Requests
  1. "All Q.Links" YES/NO flag added to program mixes causing the program mix to appear on All Q.Links instead of having to replicate the same program mix on all defined Q.Links. (Post #2)
  2. A Program Mix should be able to be influenced by a hardware switch directly. i.e. without having to assign that hardware switch to a channel thus wasting an output channel. (Post #3)
  3. The ability to move models on the model select screen (Post #4)
  4. The ability to specify there is no receiver for this model, for example Simulators and models flown with a UHF transmitter (Post #5)
  5. Clicking on the model name should take you to the model select screen, not model name/rename screen (Post #6)
  6. Assign and play a series or loop of oral values to one switch (Post #8)
  7. Allow for user configured switch warnings in the warning dialog (Post #10)
  8. Be able to place a picture file on the SD card and assign it as the model picture instead of the AIRPLANE or HELI icon that exists now (Post #11, Post #16)
  9. Triple Rates w/o having to revert to using Q.Links (Post #12)
  10. 3 Position Flap Mix (Post #15)
  11. Max Speed for GPS sensor (Post found on MZ-24 Review)
  12. Timer 1: to be able to start, reset AND stop from a switch instead of having to navigate back to the main display and pressing ESC (Post #16, Post #17)
  13. Throttle lock: to show a clear visual feedback on the main screen when it's on/off (Post #16)
  14. Request ability to rename the Aux 2, 3, 4 etc channels in the channel menu. (Post #18)
  15. Start and stop a selected MP3 file with a switch (Post #20
  16. Group voice alerts, thus one can hear the important voice alerts looped (Post #23)
  17. Vibrating unit for the TX (Post #25)
  18. Assign a voice alert to a switch (Post #26)
  19. Black and white option on display to make it easier to read in the sun (Post #27)
  20. Telemetry triggers, for example, enable rescue mode when altitude hits a particular point (Post #29)
  21. An automatic voice repeat function for each telemetry data based on 30 sek, 1 min, 2, min, 3 min 5 min (Post #30)
  22. Add a safety option to the motor cut/arm (Post #33)

Bug Reports
  1. ACRO > Base > MOTOR is named improperly, when MOTOR is "ON" the Throttle does NOT work. Thus, "MOTOR" should be named "THR. CUT" as it is with HELI model types or the action should be reversed, when "MOTOR" is "ON", the Throttle should work (Post #9)
Last edited by jcowgar; Jan 05, 2016 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Added feature requests and bug reports
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2015, 09:41 AM
Thread OP
I'll start things off. I'd like a simple YES/NO "flag" added to Program Mixes to cause a Program Mix to persist across Q.Links.

For example, I mix 2 switches down to 1 channel on my quad copter to change various settings, PIDs, RC Rates, etc... I then have 3 Q.Links. I have to duplicate that one mix across all Q.Links. If a YES/NO flag named "All Q.Links" (don't really care about the name) existed, then I could write the Mix in one place and more importantly, maintain it in one place.
Last edited by jcowgar; Oct 09, 2015 at 02:18 PM.
Oct 09, 2015, 09:47 AM
Thread OP
A Program Mix should be able to be influenced by a hardware switch directly. i.e. without having to assign that hardware switch to a channel thus wasting an output channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcowgar
Is it possible to have a switch influence a mix instead of a channel? i.e. on Futaba or Spektrum you can choose a Hardware Switch instead of another channel. This makes it so you do not have to waste an output channel simply for a mix.

The mix I have created (and would like to have the spare channel) is 2 3 position switches mixing together to have 1 output channel with 9 distinct positions. i.e. Channel 6 output =

S4/S5
UP/UP = 100%
UP/MID = 75%
UP/LOW = 50%
MID/UP = 25%
MID/MID = 25%
MID/LOW = -25%
LOW/UP = -50%
LOW/MID = -75%
LOW/LOW = -100%

I can do it by creating 2 program mixes, both turned on and off by S3. i.e. S3 = UP, Y Offset = +34% and S3 = MID = No special mix and S3 = Low = Y Offset = -34%. (High/Low EPA for Channel 5 which is assigned to S4 is 75%)

But, I have 3 Q.Links and I then have to create 2 program mixes per Q.Link totaling 6 mixes. Then if I want to adjust the outcome a bit, I have to adjust 6 mixes.
Oct 10, 2015, 08:46 AM
Thread OP
The ability to move models on the model select screen. You can copy models and then RESet the source model, but that is less than ideal.
Oct 10, 2015, 08:51 AM
Thread OP
When selecting (or turning on the radio with one already selected) a model that does not require a receiver, a bind dialog always appears not giving you any option but to SET the binding.

I have many models flown with DragonLink and also 2 simulator models. I never bind the RXes, because there is no RX to bind to, but every time I select the model, I have to press "SET", then "BACK", etc...

It would be nice to be able to specify that there is no traditional receiver
Oct 10, 2015, 05:04 PM
Fire Marshall Bill
+1
On the main screen, you should be able to touch the model name and go to directly to the model select screen, not the model rename/new model screen
Oct 10, 2015, 08:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo Te
+1
On the main screen, you should be able to touch the model name and go to directly to the model select screen, not the model rename/new model screen
Yeah, that confused me as well. The quick links are nice for some things on the main screen, but only for parameters changed frequently. You can click on the model number to go to the model select screen, but one doesn't often change the model name except when setting up a new model, in which they'd probably do from the Model Select screen anyway.

Added to post #1
Oct 10, 2015, 09:12 PM
Suspended Account
I have two mz 24 transmitters, and unlike my cheap Chinese Taranis 9d and x9e, I can't assign and play a series or loop of oral values to one switch. Guys, it is very, very distracting to cycle a switch to get each value, so please make this possible. If a cheap Chinese radio can do it, a fine Korean radio should do it.
Oct 10, 2015, 10:19 PM
Thread OP
Bug(ish): When configuring a "ACRO" model type, the option under Base named Motor is a bit confusing. When you configure this screen and turn the "MOTOR" to "ON", the throttle channel no longer works. When "MOTOR" is "OFF", then the throttle works.

The same menu on a "HELI" is titled "THR. CUT" which makes sense. If "MOTOR" would be named "THR. CUT" then when "THR. CUT" is "ON", then the throttle does not work and if "THR. CUT" is "OFF" (or INH) then the throttle does work.

So, in short, "MOTOR" in "ACRO" mode is either backward, i.e. when "ON" the motor should work (Throttle Channel) or "MOTOR" is named wrong and should be renamed "THR. CUT"
Oct 10, 2015, 10:28 PM
Thread OP
It would be nice to add to the warning dialog the ability to warn for custom switch positions. For example, on any new quad I program that is running a cleanflight based flight controller, one switch has the ability to cause PID's to Increase or Decrease. I always have to double check to make sure that three position switch (S1) is in the MID position, not HIGH or LOW.

Another use is setting up a complex model for default flight. You may want Flaps Up, Spoilers Off, Gear Down. Thus (just making this configuration up) S1 must be HIGH, S2 must be HIGH and S3 must be LOW.

You could reuse the same switch editor that is used elsewhere. In the Warnings dialog, have S1-S8 and a button beside it. It could be INH by default, or clicking on the button it would bring up the switch diagram and you could turn "ON" which positions you want the WARNING to be active for.
Oct 11, 2015, 09:53 AM
Currently there is only two types of model pictures: Airplane and helicopter (depending on the selected model type when you create a new model).

The mz-18 and mz-24 is also used widely amongst users of model boats and model semi trucks.

It would be a very nice feature if the user can select an picture (e.g. JPEG file) from the SD-card and assign this to the model.
Oct 13, 2015, 05:12 PM
RCDave
I'm a sailplane pilot and use triple rates to adjust my pitch and/or roll response during F3F rounds.
The switch has 3 positions but the MZ 24 seems to be capable of only dual rates.
Please Please let me have 3 options without using Qlinks.
Oct 13, 2015, 05:55 PM
Thread OP
Keep them coming! Initial post is up to date with all requests thus far.
Oct 13, 2015, 06:03 PM
Suspended Account
Maybe by Christmas?
Oct 14, 2015, 07:18 PM
I have a request for a flap feature 3 position with elevator offset and flap travel.
Spectrum does it like this but doesn't have to be exact.
So position 1 would be 0 flap but needs to be adjustable so both flaps are at neutral,
Position 2 would be flaps part way down with the elevator offset.
Position 3 would be flaps full down also with a setting for flap position and elevator offset.
Randall
Last edited by RTaylor; Oct 15, 2015 at 06:36 PM.

Quick Reply