Feb 24, 2018, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaser42
My powerlab6touch finally arrived today but its useless at the moment as it appears they changed the balance port connector and I can't use my existing balance cables from my old Pl6 and pl8. That would have been nice to know in advance.
It's mentioned in the product data sheet as well directly from Jamie right here back on November 20, 2017.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...44&postcount=8
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2018, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoDziner
Thanks Michael. I went to my local Guitar Center and bought a can, sprayed the contacts and reassembled. Sadly, it didn't fix it. I'll open a ticket.
I'm having the same problem on my Dual Powerlab 8 Touch - did you ever get this resolved?
Mar 31, 2018, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug24k
I'm having the same problem on my Dual Powerlab 8 Touch - did you ever get this resolved?
They had to replace the power section.
Jul 28, 2018, 09:41 AM
I got a bump controller setup with 2 PL6... when I try to write a new bumptag, it tries to write the info for less than a second then errors. I can't get it to fully write a new bumptag. I'm tired of ruining new tags.... any help here?
Jul 28, 2018, 11:36 AM
remember date of purchase ? There was a batch several months ago that was delivered unformatted, maybe you got yours fro that batch ? Simply ask RevoKelly, would be safest and fastest way to figure out.
Jul 28, 2018, 12:41 PM
Problem solved! Too much excess electrical "noise". I added 3 pieces of aluminum tape to the back of the controller. Now the controller is able to fully write a new bump tag without interruption/interference.

-Craig
Jul 28, 2018, 12:42 PM
Here's the fix: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.../topics/777201
Jul 28, 2018, 02:05 PM
strange, it sounded to me like it worked before and occured actually, so i´m wondering about that. Did you change your power supply meanwhile so it occured later ? Or is your BUMP-controller brand new and you have the problem right from the first try ?
Aug 18, 2018, 06:31 AM
ancora imparo

Error 55

Kelly, not sure if you still follow this thread but I have an odd error on my new Powerlab6 Touch. It starts fine but then after a while I get a "Data link lost Error55" message.... but only on channel 1. Channel 2 works fine. This is when both channels are charging identical packs using the same Bump Tag info.

I recall when I set up my Powerlab8 and original Bump controller we had a fair bit of noise on the supply and I added two Ferrite Clamp-ons to the supply leads that fixed it.

Any chance this is the same issue? I am using two DSP 800 Server power supplies in series (floating DC ground on high supply) that have been flawless in other charger applications to date.

Thanks

John
Aug 18, 2018, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
Kelly, not sure if you still follow this thread but I have an odd error on my new Powerlab6 Touch. It starts fine but then after a while I get a "Data link lost Error55" message.... but only on channel 1. Channel 2 works fine. This is when both channels are charging identical packs using the same Bump Tag info.

I recall when I set up my Powerlab8 and original Bump controller we had a fair bit of noise on the supply and I added two Ferrite Clamp-ons to the supply leads that fixed it.

Any chance this is the same issue? I am using two DSP 800 Server power supplies in series (floating DC ground on high supply) that have been flawless in other charger applications to date.

Thanks

John
Does the error happen occasionally or consistently? You could try powering the charger from a 12V car batter and see if still occurs. If it doesn't happen when powered from a battery that may indicate some type of EMI noise issue from the AC power supplies.
Aug 18, 2018, 07:44 AM
ancora imparo
Yes, that was my next step. Oddly it has only just started happening. It used to work just fine.
The complication is that I only have a 12V high current battery supply. It could be EMI - or it could be a a problem only at 24V.

My gut feeling is that it is a charger fault, not an EMI issue, but these things are hard to track down sometimes.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmic
Does the error happen occasionally or consistently? You could try powering the charger from a 12V car batter and see if still occurs. If it doesn't happen when powered from a battery that may indicate some type of EMI noise issue from the AC power supplies.
Aug 18, 2018, 09:30 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
What happened to http://www.bumpcharger.com ?
The site has been “reopening soon” for a while now
It seems like development has slowed or stopped on this
Aug 18, 2018, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
Yes, that was my next step. Oddly it has only just started happening. It used to work just fine.
The complication is that I only have a 12V high current battery supply. It could be EMI - or it could be a a problem only at 24V.

My gut feeling is that it is a charger fault, not an EMI issue, but these things are hard to track down sometimes.

John
Might be able to find a club member or neighbor with another battery you can borrow to put in series for 24v. Maybe someone at the club field uses two deep cycles in series for field charging...just a thought.
Aug 18, 2018, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
What happened to http://www.bumpcharger.com ?
The site has been “reopening soon” for a while now
It seems like development has slowed or stopped on this
I am wondering the same thing. I even sent a question to them via the website, and no response. Hopefully they return.
Aug 20, 2018, 04:43 PM
Case Guru
Hi, this is Joe from Rotor Craft RC, we are now the proud owners of Bumpcharger.com. We are working hard to get the site up and all the new products added, the CNC that they used to cut the parts and what we use for a CNC to cut parts take very different files, there is a tremendous amount of design that has to be done, if you know me, it will be right when its done. Please be patient.
Joe and Kyle Cashwell

Quick Reply