Sneak Peek at the NEW Revolectrix BUMP Controller - Page 98 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 23, 2018, 10:44 AM
In search of speed......
The balance lead are never connected to the Bump controller?

If you did then that’s wrong
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2018, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy
The balance lead are never connected to the Bump controller?

If you did then that’s wrong
Hi. I actually have the bump controller connected to my two PL8's, using the appropriate pigtails (servo wire). I was referring to the ability to charge small packs using the balance plug. This feature is a perk found on the PL8, but does not function properly when using the bump controller. I have contacted FMA and they duplicated the problem. At the moment, the PL8 has to be disconnected from the bump, to use node charging properly. Hoping to get this fixed in a firmware update. Sorry my initial question was misleading.
Jan 23, 2018, 11:03 AM
In search of speed......
Ok now I understand, i found the same thing before.
Jan 23, 2018, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Ok now I understand, i found the same thing before.
Yeah, I don't use this feature as often as I'd like, but if it can be integrated into the bump controller interface, I will definitely use it more often with my smaller packs.
Jan 23, 2018, 11:26 AM
In search of speed......
I parallel board my small paks now days....
Jan 23, 2018, 11:35 AM
Quote:
I parallel board my small paks now days....
I have moved away from parallel charging completely. I have enough chargers at the moment, to charge my packs individually, and monitor their IR a bit more. I had zero problems when i used to parallel charge, but i prefer to avoid it. 😊
Jan 23, 2018, 11:37 AM
In search of speed......
LOL many ways to do thing's.....I have 5 revolectrix chargers......
Jan 23, 2018, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Right on! I love them too. I have 2 PL8's, and two GT1200's. I love the PL8, but believe it or not, the GT charger is amazing! They really are two different animals, but, the ease of use and convenience of the GT, is making it a favorite of mine.
Jan 23, 2018, 05:06 PM
Quote:
I feel like an underachiever. I only have four...
PL8, PL8, PL6, GT500
The two PL8s are Bumped and mounted in a pelican case along with a 24v power supply.
PL6 is mounted in a plastic ammo can with a 12v 13aH gel cell to power it. I take that to the field in case I want a recharge or two.
I have a second Bump Controller waiting for me to get motivated and attach it to the PL6.
I got the GT500 from a friend who was getting out of the hobby. I haven’t dabbled with it much, just when he first got it and I was helping him learn to operate it.
The PLs all have parallel boards.
Jan 23, 2018, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMynes
I feel like an underachiever. I only have four...
PL8, PL8, PL6, GT500
The two PL8s are Bumped and mounted in a pelican case along with a 24v power supply.
PL6 is mounted in a plastic ammo can with a 12v 13aH gel cell to power it. I take that to the field in case I want a recharge or two.
I have a second Bump Controller waiting for me to get motivated and attach it to the PL6.
I got the GT500 from a friend who was getting out of the hobby. I haven’t dabbled with it much, just when he first got it and I was helping him learn to operate it.
The PLs all have parallel boards.
Nice!!!
Jan 23, 2018, 08:38 PM
In search of speed......
Well I have a lot of Electric planes..... LOL
Jan 24, 2018, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMynes
Done. I simply used 3M double sided tape and stuck the BC to the top front of the PL6. Then there was the Bump Controller CCS app dance, getting it paired up, updating firmware.
The hardest part was making an EC5 Y to power them both.

Then I renamed the BCs to ‘Black’ and ‘Orange’ based on the case they’re in so I can easily tell which is which.

Quick Reply