Sneak Peek at the NEW Revolectrix BUMP Controller - Page 95 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Nov 12, 2017, 04:05 PM
Registered User
HaDi-RC.de's Avatar
did you already check if reg.dsc. was selected ? It cant be used with a power supply, only with battery supply. Maybe there is the cause of hang up.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2017, 10:19 AM
RCHN #150
Rickn816's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
It sounds like the charger is in Monitor mode.
If you bypass the BumpController and go directly to the charger buttons and display, can you storage charge/discharge the pack?
No.
Nov 13, 2017, 10:41 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
ltc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickn816
No.
It sounds like you have an issue with the charger, not the BumpController.
I would contact Revolectrix USA next.
Nov 13, 2017, 11:05 AM
Registered User
HaDi-RC.de's Avatar
charger equipped with latest firmware ?
Nov 13, 2017, 06:02 PM
Registered User
Good day , I have problem with my bump controller. I've updated the controller tp the latest firmware.

First rebooting and than it makes some touch control without any touch the controller after few sec seconds the display is white and you can nothing do that you can come back to the previous screen. after download the firmware again you get the chance with the notebook but after few second it starts again.

can you tell me what I can do to solve that issue?!

Thank you
Nov 13, 2017, 06:09 PM
Michael
Is the BC mounted to a panel?

If so, you might want to loosen the screws holding it securely against the panel. IIRC, someone else had a similar problem and the BC, by being too tightly pressed against the surrounding surface, was acting as if the touch display was activated. Loosening the screws a little bit cleared up the problem.

You might want to give that a try and/or have the BC sitting freely on a workbench to see if the problem disappears.

MIchael
Quote:
Originally Posted by paschgu
Good day , I have problem with my bump controller. I've updated the controller tp the latest firmware.

First rebooting and than it makes some touch control without any touch the controller after few sec seconds the display is white and you can nothing do that you can come back to the previous screen. after download the firmware again you get the chance with the notebook but after few second it starts again.

can you tell me what I can do to solve that issue?!

Thank you
Nov 14, 2017, 05:17 PM
Registered User
HaDi-RC.de's Avatar
Just upgraded firmware of my BUMP , havent had the time for it earlier. Few questions :

1. Why there is no way to modify color scheme on connected device ?

2. Why there is still (or again ?) the bug of placing buttons right to alignment ? When turning my Samsung S8 to horizontal, i cant operate it because i dont see the buttons / fields on lower edge of screen

3. why i cant access the manual arranged presets by CCS ??

Maybe to be added on next update........ !?
Nov 14, 2017, 06:51 PM
Registered User
1. Why there is no way to modify color scheme on connected device ?

Still on our backlog of features - it has been there from very beginning, but to be honest, this is the first customer request we have had for it, so priority is low. Priority lately has been getting PowerLab Touch ready for release, but new features for both Bump and PowerLab Toucb (same core software) will pickup again in 2018.

2. Why there is still (or again ?) the bug of placing buttons right to alignment ? When turning my Samsung S8 to horizontal, i cant operate it because i dont see the buttons / fields on lower edge of screen

Always a challenge to get perfect alignment on all devices because devices dont report screen sizes/borders consitently. Please send me screenshots of the ugliness, along with device model and Android version, and I will add it to my list of UI defects to fix.

3. why i cant access the manual arranged presets by CCS ??

Trying to use the old PowerLab CCS presets with the Bump Controller became really confusing and negated alot of the features and benefits of the Bump, so we took a different approach - Presets are setup on the Bump in the exact same way as BumpTags, so they are much more intuitive and easy to use, especially when mixing the use of both BumpTags and Presets. And both of them will be getting more detailed parameter controls (to more closely match the PowerLab CCS presets) in 2018. If you have specific parameters or features that you would like to see added to BumpTags/Presets (things thst you used in the old PL presets), please let us know - we will prioritize anything thats customer requested.
NOTE: Bump Controller presets are disabled by default, so go into Settings and enable presets to see the configurable preset list whenever the Bump channel is idle/unconfigured. Note that unlike PL presets, Bump/PLT presets are 100% configurable directly on the Bump/PLT touchscreen, so CCS app is not required, ... although we will be adding the ability to edit/copy/backup/etc. Bump presets with CCS apps in 2018.
Nov 15, 2017, 02:11 AM
Registered User
HaDi-RC.de's Avatar
thx alot @ Kelly, will send desired screenshots later . About #01 , IMHO it is very usefull so everyone can set his portable device to best contrast scheme depending on environmental conditions. Would be gret to get it back in further releases.

About #03, its not really essential to me, but i was wondering why it was left - thats why i asked for it

It would be even great to consider about a "Pro" version that allows complete controls like old PC-CCS including detailed controls and editing of presets, so when using tablet as acessing device it would really replace old CCS. I guess it also doesnt have priority, but maybe it comes along someday with the ability to update chargers firmware thru BUMP, would help to keep the whole charge unit updated.

BTW : you guys did great work with that app, still love it much !
Nov 15, 2017, 09:34 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaDi-RC.de
thx alot @ Kelly, will send desired screenshots later . About #01 , IMHO it is very usefull so everyone can set his portable device to best contrast scheme depending on environmental conditions. Would be gret to get it back in further releases.
Agreed, especially ability to go into a high-contrast mode, or be able to match the custom color scheme setup on the Bump. In fact, that will be one of the options - to copy the color scheme from one of the attached Bump Controllers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaDi-RC.de
About #03, its not really essential to me, but i was wondering why it was left - thats why i asked for it

It would be even great to consider about a "Pro" version that allows complete controls like old PC-CCS including detailed controls and editing of presets, so when using tablet as acessing device it would really replace old CCS. I guess it also doesnt have priority, but maybe it comes along someday with the ability to update chargers firmware thru BUMP, would help to keep the whole charge unit updated.
That's basically the plan - there will be an "Advanced" tab in BumpTag/Preset settings that will give access to all of the commonly-used PL CCS parameters which aren't currently supported. Things like ability to tweak C/? termination, balance on discharge, start voltage for balancing, etc. There are some params that really aren't very useful and, in fact, should be tied to the setting of some other parameter or information already contained in the BumpTag/Preset and in those cases, we will keep those params "under the hood". These advanced controls will come over the course of 2018, likely a few related params at a time.

FYI - The ability to upgrade the PL firmware via the Android/Apple Mobile CCS app has been supported for several months - just go to "Firmware" from the main menu and you'll the current/latest firmware versions for all attached PLs and select Upgrade next to the PL that needs the update. The CCS app has all of the latest PL firmware loads bundled into it.
Nov 15, 2017, 10:21 AM
Registered User
HaDi-RC.de's Avatar
thx @ Kelly, great to know - havent seen yet but will check for it, real big benefit !

edit : just took a look for it, thatīs really great that each connected charger is checked for actual firmware. Just one question : will firmware updates automatically detected and message popped up, or is it to be used on own intention to check for upgrades ?
Last edited by HaDi-RC.de; Nov 15, 2017 at 02:11 PM.
Nov 15, 2017, 09:56 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaDi-RC.de
thx @ Kelly, great to know - havent seen yet but will check for it, real big benefit !

edit : just took a look for it, thatīs really great that each connected charger is checked for actual firmware. Just one question : will firmware updates automatically detected and message popped up, or is it to be used on own intention to check for upgrades ?
It will always prompt you to upgrade Bump Controller firmware, but for Powerlabs it will only automatically popup if we deem the update to be critical.
Nov 16, 2017, 02:10 AM
Registered User
HaDi-RC.de's Avatar
okay, nice to know
Nov 16, 2017, 08:43 AM
Registered User
jimbo12's Avatar
Hi,
The new generation of PL's w/ integrated Bump Controller look good.
Where are the ports to connect a second PL8 to the Bump Controller located?
I'm already thinking what a nice charger case I can make of one of these and add my current PL8.
Regards,
Nov 16, 2017, 05:10 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12
Hi,
The new generation of PL's w/ integrated Bump Controller look good.
Where are the ports to connect a second PL8 to the Bump Controller located?
I'm already thinking what a nice charger case I can make of one of these and add my current PL8.
Regards,
Ports 1 and 2 are essentially reserved for the internal charger(s) within the PLT unit, and ports 3 and 4 for connecting external Powerlabs are located on the back edge of the display bezel, just above the "Bump Zone" area - same location as ports 3 and 4 on the Bump Controller.