Sneak Peek at the NEW Revolectrix BUMP Controller - Page 94 - RC Groups
Aug 15, 2017, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paschgu
Hi Kelly,

I've a similar issue! For example if I charge 2 lipos 6S 1800 mah in each PL after few seconds I get the message safety #21!

The settings could you see in the pictures!

I checked that it happened every time just on PL 2.

If I charge 3 2S on PL1 and 2 6S on PL2 it happens the same. But if I charge 3 2S on PL1 and 1 6S on PL2 it works.

In the passt I didn't have the same issues. The BUMP controller bought from Hugo Markes and it is from the first batch.
Since u said "first batch", do u know that it is one of the original units that does not have the noise filtering improvements ?
If not certain, and u have an ohmmeter, unplug everything and check resistance between power ground and PL port ground - if it is 1k ohm it has the noise mods, if it is 500 ohm, it needs to be sent to Revo for service.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2017, 10:14 AM
Fly, Eat, Fly, Sleep, Fly…
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
Ok, that makes it easy then.

If it happens again, make a note of all the conditions of the charge in order to make it easier to reproduce and test. Battery(s) being be charged, charge rate, fuel level, power source/ generator, etc.

BumpCharger.com will service it for free, shipping included, if the problem persists.
Hi Kelly,

I will do that.
Just to let you know, I used the charger case all day Saturday, Sunday and Monday without any problems. I'm guessing about 30 charge cycles over the three days using the same type batteries and accurate charge (1C) that produced the original code but it hasn't happened again.
I will be ready with all of the info if it does. Thank you again for the great setup!
Aug 28, 2017, 12:05 PM

Two BUMP Controllers

Is it possible to have a 2 BUMP controller set up (a fixed charging station + a mobile charging box) managing a single set of batteries?
Aug 28, 2017, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why2Me
Is it possible to have a 2 BUMP controller set up (a fixed charging station + a mobile charging box) managing a single set of batteries?
Yes, its not a problem - the unique BumpTag ID will keep all the history straight across all controllers/chargers.
Aug 31, 2017, 11:32 AM
Had both issues (I posted about earlier) happen yesterday at same time using lead acid supply batt: improper low-supply cuttoff happened (at 11.4V or so even though set to 10.5). Then, did clearing the red error screen on BC improperly clear that slot? Because I apparently bumped the battery again creating an unintentional x2 parallel charge and even worse I was set on Fast charge. I happened to notice crazy charge current, otherwise I'd have been charging at 8C - not good!

(Had a thought on low supply issue: is it just that BC or DPL can't actually operate below 11.5V even tho you can set cutoff down to 10.5?)
Oct 09, 2017, 10:55 AM
Hi. Having a new issue with my bump controller not recognizing my 2nd PL6. Here's my setup:

BC: 4.11
PL6: 1.11: Expansion Ch 1
PL6(2) 1.11: Expansion Ch 2
dual 24v power supplies. wired per Revo instructions with common ground.

Through about V3.6 didn't have a problem. Then sometime after this update, I lost the ability to have the PL6(2) recognized by the bump controller. Tried changing cables etc. No luck. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
_ken
Oct 09, 2017, 01:58 PM
3D Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdunlap
Hi. Having a new issue with my bump controller not recognizing my 2nd PL6. Here's my setup:

BC: 4.11
PL6: 1.11: Expansion Ch 1
PL6(2) 1.11: Expansion Ch 2
dual 24v power supplies. wired per Revo instructions with common ground.

Through about V3.6 didn't have a problem. Then sometime after this update, I lost the ability to have the PL6(2) recognized by the bump controller. Tried changing cables etc. No luck. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
_ken
Make sure the BC has channels 1 and 2 check marked/enabled in the BC setup.

Best,

Chris
Oct 12, 2017, 10:30 AM
Accidentally came across the cause. First, I worked with Kelly from FMA who is great and doubled checked the setup. Everything is fine with no wiring or setup issues. Next is the interesting part. For the last several months since the iPhone bumpcharger app came out I have never turned on the chargers without the app on. Night before last I couldn’t find my iPhone and just fired everything up. The bump charger immediately recognized all
Channels and the second charger. Mystery solved.
Oct 13, 2017, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdunlap
Accidentally came across the cause. First, I worked with Kelly from FMA who is great and doubled checked the setup. Everything is fine with no wiring or setup issues. Next is the interesting part. For the last several months since the iPhone bumpcharger app came out I have never turned on the chargers without the app on. Night before last I couldn’t find my iPhone and just fired everything up. The bump charger immediately recognized all
Channels and the second charger. Mystery solved.
And we have a bug filed to recreate and fix that problem, so you should see it in an update soon.