Sneak Peek at the NEW Revolectrix BUMP Controller - Page 93 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 28, 2017, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
Thank you very much.
I have unfortunately found a few apps that are locked in one orientation and don't 'switch'
As I will be running a Dual PL 8x2, I was hoping for landscape mode anyways.

Do you have an update on when Windows (10) support will occur?
My current charging case is running on a HP Stream 7 / Win 10 (with FUIM3s ...which would be replaced by the Bump) and I would like to use that rather than remove it and install an Android (Samsung) tablet if possible.

Have a nice weekend.
Still waiting on a Windows 10 update which supports Bluetooth Low Energy scanning API, so difficult to say. It will be a couple months after they release that api.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2017, 04:52 PM
Hi all.
Just purchased the Revoelectrix bump controller for my powerlab 8x2 and I am not able to get a few things to work and have a few issues. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problems and maybe has some fixes?
The bump controller was updated to the latest firmware via Bluetooth this being version 4.02, the andiod app is version 4.09
Issues I am currently having are as follows
*NFC tag scanning via android is not working it beeps as if it has read it but nothing updates on the screen. This is the same for both creating new tags and scanning a tag to charge a battery.
*Bluetooth range is very small around 5 meters.
*The app on the phone does not update when a battery is put on charge using the bump controller, I have to exit the app and then go back into it to get charging info, etc.

Other than these issues I love the controller and the charger.

If anyone could help out/give advise that would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Grant
Jul 28, 2017, 05:58 PM
Boat racing enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
Cells dont add up is almost always a problem with balance cabling. Try to narrow it down to a specific battery or balance cable or board port. Seems pretty unlikely to be related to any firmware upgrade since nothing related has changed.
Once in awhile I get those errrors and it seems to usually be dirty contacts on the board or battery, A little shot of DeoxIT on all the connections fixes it up. I had bad solder joints on the balance wires on a pack once that were making intermittent contact.
Jul 28, 2017, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantAstley
Hi all.
Just purchased the Revoelectrix bump controller for my powerlab 8x2 and I am not able to get a few things to work and have a few issues. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problems and maybe has some fixes?
The bump controller was updated to the latest firmware via Bluetooth this being version 4.02, the andiod app is version 4.09
Issues I am currently having are as follows
*NFC tag scanning via android is not working it beeps as if it has read it but nothing updates on the screen. This is the same for both creating new tags and scanning a tag to charge a battery.
*Bluetooth range is very small around 5 meters.
*The app on the phone does not update when a battery is put on charge using the bump controller, I have to exit the app and then go back into it to get charging info, etc.

Other than these issues I love the controller and the charger.

If anyone could help out/give advise that would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Grant
It sounds like the Android device is detecting the presence of the BumpTag (the first beep), but then isnt able to find or properly read the data on the tag. Experiment with placing tag in different spots and holding longer. What device is it ?

Bluetooth range varies greatly across devices and wireless conditions. 15 feet is pretty much the minimum, and 75 feet is the max i have seen.

Very strange the app is not updating - is that only after attempting the BumpTag read in the device ?
As soon as the tag is bumped, you should see the battery show up in the app and any status change should reflect in the app.
Check the Debug screen to see if theres anything that make help explain it. Just take a screenshot or pic and post or PM for me.
Jul 28, 2017, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Cells dont add up is almost always a problem with balance cabling. Try to narrow it down to a specific battery or balance cable or board port. Seems pretty unlikely to be related to any firmware upgrade since nothing related has changed.
What threw me for a loop is I did not see a cell drop off on the display or the graph so cannot figure out how or where it saw the error
Jul 29, 2017, 02:59 AM
KI7CBF
Quote:
Bluetooth range varies greatly across devices and wireless conditions. 15 feet is pretty much the minimum, and 75 feet is the max i have seen.
I get about 3 feet out of my cheap-o Dragon Touch Android tablet. It really stinks, especially when trying to use it with an FC ground station. I'm much more used to my iPad getting 50+ feet Bluetooth range. Not many GS applications for iPads unfortunately. Thank goodness there's an iOS Bump app!
Aug 02, 2017, 02:51 AM
Hi RevoKelly

Sorry for the late reply. Not much spare time atm.

Quote:
It sounds like the Android device is detecting the presence of the BumpTag (the first beep), but then isnt able to find or properly read the data on the tag. Experiment with placing tag in different spots and holding longer. What device is it ?
After playing around a bit more I have found that I was not holding it still for long enough, it takes a bit longer to read using the rfid from the phone. I am using a Samsung S7 and I need to hold the tag to the phone for around 1 second after hearing the initial beep and then around 2 more seconds to allow the phone to read the tag.

Quote:
So is 5 meters (around 15ft) direct line of sight sound right? I have not been successful in getting it to connect any further than this. One of my work colleagues also has the bump controller and is using an Iphone 7 and his range is around the same. Although this may be the minimum it seems very low.
How much range are other users getting?
Is there any way to increase this?

Quote:
Very strange the app is not updating - is that only after attempting the BumpTag read in the device ?
As soon as the tag is bumped, you should see the battery show up in the app and any status change should reflect in the app.
Check the Debug screen to see if theres anything that make help explain it. Just take a screenshot or pic and post or PM for me.
This was happening very often to the point I was getting frustrated however now when I try to replicate it it is not doing it anymore. If it does happen again I will take a screen shot of the debug screen and send through to you.

Thank you for your time and fast response to all of my questions
Cheers
Grant Astley
Aug 11, 2017, 12:09 PM
Fly, Eat, Fly, Sleep, FlyÖ

safty code #55 no data link

I was charging a NiMh battery using my bump control and PL8x2 and got a red screen code #55 no data link. So I cleared the code and removed the battery, powered down and checked all of my connections. I then tried to charge two 6s liPo batteries using the bump on both chargers. After about 3 mins the red screen code #55 came up for both chargers. I rechecked the connections and tried again and within 3 to 5 mins got the code #55 again. This happened two more times so I shut everything down and walked away for about an hour. I then tried to charge the batteries again and everything went fine and was able to charge 8 more 6s batteries without any problems. I was using my iPad the whole time so I donít know if that had anything to do with it.
Aug 11, 2017, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekhet
I was charging a NiMh battery using my bump control and PL8x2 and got a red screen code #55 no data link. So I cleared the code and removed the battery, powered down and checked all of my connections. I then tried to charge two 6s liPo batteries using the bump on both chargers. After about 3 mins the red screen code #55 came up for both chargers. I rechecked the connections and tried again and within 3 to 5 mins got the code #55 again. This happened two more times so I shut everything down and walked away for about an hour. I then tried to charge the batteries again and everything went fine and was able to charge 8 more 6s batteries without any problems. I was using my iPad the whole time so I donít know if that had anything to do with it.
The #55 is normally due to excessive electrical noise interfering with proper communication between the Bump Controller and the PowerLab.

What power supply are you using ?
Is this a brand new Bump/PowerLab setup, or have you been using it (successfully) for a while ?
If not new, has anything changed recently ? (power supply, cabling, etc.)
If new, where/when did you purchase the Bump Controller unit ?
Aug 12, 2017, 02:43 PM
Fly, Eat, Fly, Sleep, FlyÖ
Quote:
The #55 is normally due to excessive electrical noise interfering with proper communication between the Bump Controller and the PowerLab.

What power supply are you using ?
Is this a brand new Bump/PowerLab setup, or have you been using it (successfully) for a while ?
If not new, has anything changed recently ? (power supply, cabling, etc.)
If new, where/when did you purchase the Bump Controller unit ?
Hi Kelly,
I have a Custom Dual Charger Case 1800W (RIDGID 22" Pro Organizer case) with all components bought from and assembled by BumpCaharger.com. The setup is about a month old and I have used it almost daily without any problem till the 10th of August, and didnít have any problem using it all day at the field today.
Aug 12, 2017, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekhet
Hi Kelly,
I have a Custom Dual Charger Case 1800W (RIDGID 22" Pro Organizer case) with all components bought from and assembled by BumpCaharger.com. The setup is about a month old and I have used it almost daily without any problem till the 10th of August, and didnít have any problem using it all day at the field today.
Ok, that makes it easy then.

If it happens again, make a note of all the conditions of the charge in order to make it easier to reproduce and test. Battery(s) being be charged, charge rate, fuel level, power source/ generator, etc.

BumpCharger.com will service it for free, shipping included, if the problem persists.
Aug 14, 2017, 07:46 PM
Hi Kelly,

I've a similar issue! For example if I charge 2 lipos 6S 1800 mah in each PL after few seconds I get the message safety #21!

The settings could you see in the pictures!

I checked that it happened every time just on PL 2.

If I charge 3 2S on PL1 and 2 6S on PL2 it happens the same. But if I charge 3 2S on PL1 and 1 6S on PL2 it works.

In the passt I didn't have the same issues. The BUMP controller bought from Hugo Markes and it is from the first batch.

Thank you for your help.

I run the Android app and Apple app

Aug 14, 2017, 07:49 PM
Other question: when we creat e new pump tag what we have to do that we see that nice feature like the pulse pic and which brand are stored in the software? And how we have to write it?

Aug 14, 2017, 07:51 PM
I forgot that info for the first question.

Aug 15, 2017, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paschgu
Other question: when we creat e new pump tag what we have to do that we see that nice feature like the pulse pic and which brand are stored in the software? And how we have to write it?

It is currently hard coded in the app, but in the future you will be able to associate your own image with the Brand Name.