Sneak Peek at the NEW Revolectrix BUMP Controller - Page 5 - RC Groups
Oct 16, 2015, 12:06 PM
Do you put that outside at Christmas time.

Nice case.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2015, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiscus
Do you put that outside at Christmas time.

Nice case.
No but I sure wanted a disco ball to pop out of it when starting the charge cycle

Thank you for the compliment
Oct 17, 2015, 08:47 PM
Is the "Bump -> Connect -> Go" only for single batteries or would you be able to "bump & connect" each battery attached to a parallel board/FMA?
Oct 17, 2015, 09:31 PM
3D Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Heffe
Is the "Bump -> Connect -> Go" only for single batteries or would you be able to "bump & connect" each battery attached to a parallel board/FMA?
If you are doing a single battery - then yes.

If you are doing multiple batteries in parallel then there are more bumps and connects if you want to count and record the cycles of each battery.

Example for three batteries in parallel.
Bump 1 > Bump pack 2 > Bump pack 3 > Connect 1 > Connect pack 2 > Connect pack 3 > Go
or
Bump pack 1 > Connect pack 1 > Bump pack 2 > Connect pack 2 > Bump pack 3 > Connect pack 3 > Go

If you are doing multiple batteries in parallel and you do NOT want to count and record the cycles of each battery then you can Bump the same battery three times and connect them.

Example for three batteries in parallel (no cycle counting)
Bump pack 1 > Bump pack 1 > Bump pack 1 > Connect pack 1 > Connect pack 2 > Connect pack 3 > Go

You could also Bump pack 1 > then touch the BC screen to increment the pack count to 3 > Connect all 3 batteries > Go

For multiple packs it is simple to use a single Bump tag for a large quantity of batteries.

For example, I have about thirty 2S-370 packs and 10 3S-460 packs. I have a single Bump tag stuck on a blank business card that tells me what battery is programmed into the Bump tag. I card for the 2S and another card for the 3S.

When I charge say six at a time, I just Bump the same tag six times > Connect the batteries and then > Go.

You can also just stick a Bump tag on the container that you have all of those same batteries in and just bump the container. There are many ways to accomplish it. It's all pretty much your preference.

Hope this is clear and answers your question. satisfactorily.

Best,

Chris
Oct 17, 2015, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr
If you are doing a single battery - then yes.

If you are doing multiple batteries in parallel then there are more bumps and connects if you want to count and record the cycles of each battery.

Example for three batteries in parallel.
Bump 1 > Bump pack 2 > Bump pack 3 > Connect 1 > Connect pack 2 > Connect pack 3 > Go
or
Bump pack 1 > Connect pack 1 > Bump pack 2 > Connect pack 2 > Bump pack 3 > Connect pack 3 > Go

If you are doing multiple batteries in parallel and you do NOT want to count and record the cycles of each battery then you can Bump the same battery three times and connect them.

Example for three batteries in parallel (no cycle counting)
Bump pack 1 > Bump pack 1 > Bump pack 1 > Connect pack 1 > Connect pack 2 > Connect pack 3 > Go

You could also Bump pack 1 > then touch the BC screen to increment the pack count to 3 > Connect all 3 batteries > Go

For multiple packs it is simple to use a single Bump tag for a large quantity of batteries.

For example, I have about thirty 2S-370 packs and 10 3S-460 packs. I have a single Bump tag stuck on a blank business card that tells me what battery is programmed into the Bump tag. I card for the 2S and another card for the 3S.

When I charge say six at a time, I just Bump the same tag six times > Connect the batteries and then > Go.

You can also just stick a Bump tag on the container that you have all of those same batteries in and just bump the container. There are many ways to accomplish it. It's all pretty much your preference.

Hope this is clear and answers your question. satisfactorily.

Best,

Chris
Thank you! I tried to buy one at IRCHA and I can't wait to buy one soon!
Oct 23, 2015, 02:00 PM
3D Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Heffe
Thank you! I tried to buy one at IRCHA and I can't wait to buy one soon!
Stay tuned for the ability to pre-order.

The Beta team and Revolectrix will be finished with testing/tweaking soon and I believe the pre-order link is coming very soon.

If you want to get one, I recommend jumping in on he pre-order phase as quickly as possible to insure you can get one in the initial release.

Best,

Chris
Oct 26, 2015, 08:11 AM
can a dimensional drawing be posted of the unit please?
Building a new charge case with a CNC cut face plate, and want to include it.
Oct 26, 2015, 10:10 PM
ancora imparo
The Bump controller is now available for pre-order with delivery in Jan 2016 on both US and Singapore stores.

John
Oct 26, 2015, 10:53 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imacav8r
can a dimensional drawing be posted of the unit please?
Building a new charge case with a CNC cut face plate, and want to include it.
Hi:

The plastics tooling is yet to be completed. Without actually having shots from the mold, I can not guarantee what the final dimensions of the case will be. In order to try to assist you, I have generated and attached a PDF rendering including the general dimensions (in inches) of the case as they exist within the 3D CAD model. My guess is you will probably need to add another 0.040" to each of these for a tight fit, but leaving a little play. Also, be advised, there is a plastic shroud that sits underneath the hole in the back where the input power wires enter the case. Without knowing your exact plan, it's hard to say what you might need to allow for that shroud and the input wires. You will also need to add provisions for connecting to the four PowerLab ports which also exit from the rear of the case. In truth, it's probably best if you wait until you have the unit in hand before you commit to your project, but I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Tim Marks
President FMA, Inc.
Revolectrix Partner
Last edited by Tim Marks; Oct 26, 2015 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Oct 27, 2015, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Marks
Hi:

The plastics tooling is yet to be completed. Without actually having shots from the mold, I can not guarantee what the final dimensions of the case will be. In order to try to assist you, I have generated and attached a PDF rendering including the general dimensions (in inches) of the case as they exist within the 3D CAD model. My guess is you will probably need to add another 0.040" to each of these for a tight fit, but leaving a little play. Also, be advised, there is a plastic shroud that sits underneath the hole in the back where the input power wires enter the case. Without knowing your exact plan, it's hard to say what you might need to allow for that shroud and the input wires. You will also need to add provisions for connecting to the four PowerLab ports which also exit from the rear of the case. In truth, it's probably best if you wait until you have the unit in hand before you commit to your project, but I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Tim Marks
President FMA, Inc.
Revolectrix Partner
Thanks Tim! that helps a bunch. i will wait for the unit in hand for the final bits, but this gets me in the ball park. got it on order just now!
Oct 27, 2015, 12:00 PM
House of Paine
Are there any plans to expand on the use of these NFC tags for flight logging? I've been using an Android app called RC Log for a couple years, putting QR codes on batteries and using the app to track battery cycles as well as well as flights on different aircraft. But scanning codes with camera is very slow so mostly this is a manual process of selecting batt(s) and aircraft.

I would love a similar app where I could use NFC on my phone to read batts as well as a tag in my aircraft to log flights, and have that sync to the charging side using the Bump Controller for full tracking of battery use and flights without my having to manually select anything
Oct 27, 2015, 01:55 PM
Revolectrix Ambassador
Cycle count is part of the information stored on the bump tag. The bump controller can read these. The Android app will be able to display the cycle via the bump controller+BT connection.
Oct 27, 2015, 03:17 PM
House of Paine
Yes, but I also want to track flights on my aircraft along with which pack(s) were flown with each flight. I fly Jeti and log flight data, often times with monitoring on each cell of a pack. Using RC Log helps me associate which pack I flew with each aircraft, but this would be much easier using NFC from phone to grab both pack and aircraft info when logging a flight. I typically fly somewhere between 20-25 flights when I go out using 4-6 different aircraft on a given day, several using multiple packs per flight.

Ultimately I'd love my radio to automatically make that pack association for me of course.
Oct 27, 2015, 06:32 PM
Preordered one today!
Oct 27, 2015, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaser42
Yes, but I also want to track flights on my aircraft along with which pack(s) were flown with each flight. I fly Jeti and log flight data, often times with monitoring on each cell of a pack. Using RC Log helps me associate which pack I flew with each aircraft, but this would be much easier using NFC from phone to grab both pack and aircraft info when logging a flight. I typically fly somewhere between 20-25 flights when I go out using 4-6 different aircraft on a given day, several using multiple packs per flight.

Ultimately I'd love my radio to automatically make that pack association for me of course.
One of our backlog features is to add the ability to do basic flight/run logging within our CCS mobile app. Now I can't say when we will be able to deliver that, or how the features will compare with other apps, but that is something we'd like to do. I would also recommend contacting the developer of your RC flight log app and ask them if they can add NFC reader support. At a minimum, they could read the unique ID from each of our tags and associate to a flight/model. I would also be happy to provide them with our data schema so they could automatically extract all of the relevant battery information for use in their own app - this is similar to what we will be doing with Mikado and vbar support. If you can put them in touch with me, I'll do what I can to help.