Oct 01, 2019, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckler
Yup thanks and it works perfectly! A different issue however: is there some limitation on Li-ion balancing? One cell was higher and difference only grew during the 5h charge - until charge ends when it's at 4.150 (voltage I chose) and other 4 cells are still at around 4.100. The high cell's bypass stayed at around 60% whole charge. It's an old (though never used) li-ion battery though, maybe that's why it can't balance?
Is 4.100 the actual voltage the cells were at when the charge terminated, or did they fall back to that value after terminating ? Always good to look at the charge graphs to see cell voltage at the instant the charger decided to end.
If charging in Accurate Charge, it should require the cells to be fully balanced (within some small threshold voltage that I can't remember) prior to terminating the charge. Fast Charge (and maybe Normal Charge ?) will terminate as soon as the charge current drops below the C/? threshold ... which could happen before the cells are fully balanced, especially if A) the charge rate is high, or B) the cells are very unbalanced.

I'd be concerned about that high cell if it remained in bypass for most of the charge and still didn't balance out ... sounds like it's dying and only has a fraction of pack capacity. You should do an Analyze cycle and see what the actual discharge capacity is for the pack.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 26, 2019, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
Yes, that is correct. We tested this first hand with the Mikado folks at IRCHA and it works as expected. Mikado uses nothing more than the unique ID of the tag, but the BumpTag is much more sophisticated, so BumpTag can replace Mikado tag, but not other way around.

We believe it's also possible for Mikado software to read the full specs of the battery from the BumpTag,but we haven't tested it yet. This could take it a step further and avoid the manual setup that users currently do to describe the battery. This would be Mikado software changes, not Revo, so we can't promise that will happen, but we will do what we can.
Hi,

I just bought the bump controller and I own a VBar Control Touch and I have one doubt about this.
When I program the bump tag in a 6S battery with the bump controller, I will put 6S as cell count, but if I use a 12S setup on a 600 o 700 heli, I would like to program the tag of one of the batteries as 12S instead 6S. Is it that possible to do?

I don't know what are the steps to do in order to program the tag for the VBar Control and maybe I have a misunderstood because bump tags can be programmed only once because they are not reprogrammable, so if you program the tag with the bump controller how do you reprogram with the Vbar Control and the Battery ID Sensor from Mikado?

Another doubt I have is that I have read that the tag stores the number of cycles you do charging the battery to control its life, but in case you use the revoelectrix parallel board, first you pass the bump tag on the bump controller to read the tag and then select the number of lipos of that type you are going to change. If you do that in that way, I guess the other batteries you don't pass on the bump controller were not updated. So, it is possible to pass all the tags id with the bump controller so all of the batteries get updated?
Dec 05, 2019, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arag_
Hi,

I just bought the bump controller and I own a VBar Control Touch and I have one doubt about this.
When I program the bump tag in a 6S battery with the bump controller, I will put 6S as cell count, but if I use a 12S setup on a 600 o 700 heli, I would like to program the tag of one of the batteries as 12S instead 6S. Is it that possible to do?

I don't know what are the steps to do in order to program the tag for the VBar Control and maybe I have a misunderstood because bump tags can be programmed only once because they are not reprogrammable, so if you program the tag with the bump controller how do you reprogram with the Vbar Control and the Battery ID Sensor from Mikado?

Another doubt I have is that I have read that the tag stores the number of cycles you do charging the battery to control its life, but in case you use the revoelectrix parallel board, first you pass the bump tag on the bump controller to read the tag and then select the number of lipos of that type you are going to change. If you do that in that way, I guess the other batteries you don't pass on the bump controller were not updated. So, it is possible to pass all the tags id with the bump controller so all of the batteries get updated?
Read the manual on recommended BumpTag programing for different scenarios. In short, if the packs are always used together (2x 6S packs as a 12S), then use a single BumpTag and specify 12S.

The VBar only reads the unique ID of the tag, so it doesn't actually need to write/modify anything on the tag so our standard BumpTag will work fine.

If u specify battery count manually, then yes, there is no way for the Bump to know the ID of the other packs. If u want to make sure the cycle count is increment in all packs in a parallel charge, then Bump each pack instead of manually incrementing the pack count.
Dec 29, 2019, 06:29 PM
Makin' future-scrap
Hi,
I have a PL8 and PL6 connected to a Bump Controller. I've updated the Bump firmware and I cannot get it to set the charge voltage to 4.35V.
Do the chargers have to be updated too? Where is the updates found?
Dec 29, 2019, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12
Hi,
I have a PL8 and PL6 connected to a Bump Controller. I've updated the Bump firmware and I cannot get it to set the charge voltage to 4.35V.
Do the chargers have to be updated too? Where is the updates found?
Do you have the bump controller app? That's where mine got the updates from. If not, I believe you can get it from the Charge Control Software (http://revolectrix.com/chargers.html).
Dec 29, 2019, 08:04 PM
Makin' future-scrap
I do have the app on my iPad. I updated the firmware. When I tried to set to 4.35V it wouldn't go past 4.3V.
Is there a setting for LiHV batteries?
Dec 29, 2019, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12
I do have the app on my iPad. I updated the firmware. When I tried to set to 4.35V it wouldn't go past 4.3V.
Is there a setting for LiHV batteries?
Yes, there is a specific LiHV option.

Quick Reply